Love Whisper

Glass Beads

"AaH! Be quiet!"

Umji was a bit frightened upon hearing Yerin's sudden scream but decided it was in her best interest to open her eyes. As her vision cleared, Umji noticed the strange surroundings.

'This... This isn't our dorm,'

Looking around her, Umji saw the other four members frozen in their spots as Yerin took her frequency detecting device and began scanning the area. Yerin approached Eunha and began scanning her up and down. Both girls' faces were scrunched up - Yerin's in concentration and Eunha's in confusion. Umji being the intelligent girl she is quickly determined that she was back to the Love Whisper set... but the others weren't.

"Ah Hah!" Yerin exclaimed in delight as she pulled a small radio out from under the couch. Yerin held the radio loosely, which was her downfall. Umji watched as SinB snatched the device from Yerin's hands and began to shake it.

"Shhhhh..."

All of the girls listened as the device hummed a quiet melody.

"Wow! It works!" Yuju said while keeping her eyes on the device. The girls listened to the sound intently, except Umji. She was busy surveying her surroundings and trying to figure out how she got here. However, Umji's attention was drawn back to the radio after the music cut off unexpectedly.

"Eh? Why did it stop? It was so pretty..." Eunha pouted as she watched SinB hit the radio a few times.

'Can Eunbi try to fix something without hitting it as her initial plan?' Umji thought as she watched her hit the radio a few more times. SinB's violent ways, despite working the first time, didn't work.

"Wait! My detector is picking up something similar!" Yerin shouted as she ran towards the door.

"Come on!" Yerin ran out the door and the girls bolted after her. SinB was slightly behind as she stopped to grab the radio.

After stopping Yuju from making many wrong turns, Yerin's device led them to a train station. Umji watched the events play out - some new, some old.

'So not everything that happens is in the music video'

"It's like behind the scenes footage" Umji whispered to herself. Yerin glanced in Umji's direction.

"What are you talking about?" Yerin was obviously confused as she questioned the youngest. Umji dismissed Yerin with a small wave and a 'nothing'.

"I got the tickets!" Sowon yelled as she ran back to the girls after being forced to buy the tickets for everyone. They all grabbed their tickets and headed to the platform. Umji trailed behind as she began to think further into her situation.

'Obviously, the others aren't my members... they think this is real... but...'

'How do I get back?'

"Girls, look!" Eunha's shout brought Umji back to the 'real world' as she noticed the train coming towards their stop. The girls all leaned around each other to see the train, all smiling happily as they would finally be out of the summer heat.

They boarded the train and Umji took her seat between SinB and Eunha, just like in the music video. Yerin waved her device around and confirmed they were heading in the right direction.

Everyone watched the beautiful scenery passing by the window but Umji watched her friends closely.

'How long is this train ride?'

During shooting, they were on the train for a limited amount of time since they only had to shoot some scenes, but 45 minutes had already passed and the train showed no signs of stopping. Umji looked to her right and saw SinB and Yerin leaning against each other sleeping. Beyond them, Umji could see Sowon and Yuju sleeping together as well.

'Cute' Umji thought with a smile. Of course, she already saw this before but it was still an adorable sight. A sudden weight on her shoulder brought Umji's attention to her left. Eunha had fallen asleep and was using her shoulder as her pillow. Umji leaned her head into Eunha's.

'It might not be my Eunha but she's still Eunha'

That small comforting thought and the gentle movement of the train were enough to lull Umji to sleep.

"Wake up! It's time to get off!"

Umji jolted up at the sudden scream. She rubbed her eyes and glanced around. Yerin was standing up and moving around excitedly, Yuju was blinking her eyes continuously to clear them, Sowon was stretching her ridiculously long legs, SinB was glaring at Yerin, and Eunha... was still asleep on Umji.

Yerin bolted off of the train and three others followed. Umji was left with the task of waking up the sleeping beauty on her shoulder. Umji and Eunha exited the train with the youngest leading the mentally youngest. Umji spotted the others and, with Eunha in tow, ran to catch up to them.

They ended up being led to a field full of tall grass. Everyone was spread out and looking around but Umji was still confused about what they were looking for.

'As if I didn't have enough proof that these aren't my members... Eunha and SinB would be screaming about the bugs by now'

"This way!" Yerin yelled as she gestured towards the forest near them with the microphone of her device.

The girls walked together through the woods with Yerin directing everyone. Eventually, the group spotted a bridge. They all took off running towards the bridge, with Yuju and SinB skipping ahead and jumping around.

"Let's take a break, girls," Sowon suggested as she took a seat. The others followed and they simply enjoyed the scenery for a few minutes.

As they set back on the journey, the girls were led to a pebble path near a river. After a bit of splashing and screaming (and Sowon's scolding), they continued their walk. The group ended up back in a forest. Umji, knowing the soon-to-be catastrophe, lifted her backpack to cover her head. Just as predicted, rain started pouring suddenly and the girls scurried to escape the rainy area.

The girls stumbled across a building and stood under the awning. Under the safety of the awning, they enjoyed the pretty raindrops and the clear air. Umji looked around in search of the blue butterfly that would lead them to their final location.

'There it is,'

The butterfly landed on SinB's outstretched finger before flying off. As it fluttered away, the rain cleared and the girls chased after it.

The butterfly led them to a clearing, a very familiar clearing for Umji. Yerin held up her device and listened for the melody while Umji watched the butterfly land on the music player that sat on the swing.

"Over here!" Yerin called everyone over to the same music player Umji watched the butterfly land on. They circled around it and Yerin turned it on. They listened to the beautiful sound and watched as the butterfly began to fly away.

When Umji tried to watch the butterfly but was distracted by another object near the music player. She attempted to grab the little glass bead but was met with a painful light.

"No! Not again!" Umji shouted as she covered her eyes.

When she finally opened her eyes, Umji rubbed her eyes continuously in hopes that this wasn't a part two of her previous encounter.

I have to figure this out!