Me Gustas Tu

Glass Beads

"Yerin?"

"Why did you stop and why did you close your eyes?"

"Did a bug fly near you?"

Hearing the familiar voices questioning her, Yerin cracked her eyes opened slightly before they snapped open.

"Huh? Where are we? What the heck?! What happened to you guys' hair?!" Yerin asked no one in particular. She looked around confused. Their hairstyles weren't the way Yerin remembered.

"What are you talking about?" Umji asked, obviously confused with the way the second oldest was acting.

Taking a closer look, Yerin realized that the location was identical to the pathway they walked along and the outfits the other girls were wearing were the same as the ones worn at the beginning of their Me Gustas Tu music video. Taking a glance down at her body, she noticed her outfit was the same as well. Her low pigtails, that she didn't remember having when the flash happened, swung down and hit the side of her face. Grabbing one of the pigtails, she observed that the color was no longer black but was instead brown.

'How did this even happen?!'

"Seriously, what is wrong with you?" SinB asked as she watched Yerin studying her pigtail intensely. Yerin's head snapped up to look directly at SinB, who was shocked by the sudden movement of the older.

"What's wrong with me!? What's wrong with you!? Do none of you realize how weird this is!?" Yerin yelled at SinB. The other five stood shocked at Yerin's outburst. Yerin's eyes were wide as she looked at the other girls' concerned faces.

"Do you have a fever? You were fine when we met up," Sowon asked softly as she approached Yerin. She gently put the back of her hand onto Yerin's forehead. Sowon's eyebrows furrowed as she pulled her hand away.

"No fever... Are you feeling okay though?" Sowon's confused facial expression quickly switched to one of concern. Yerin nodded before answering.

"Yea, I'm fine. It's nothing," Yerin tried to dismiss Sowon's worries.

"That didn't seem like nothing," SinB said lowly, earning a punch in the arm from Yuju.

"I'm just hungry," Yerin lied while showing the others an eye smile. Sowon was obviously not convinced but decided to let it slide... for now.

"We need to hurry! We don't want to keep my grandma waiting!" Umji said in an attempt to break the slightly tense atmosphere. She grabbed Yerin's hand and started speedwalking towards the direction of her grandma's house. The other four followed closely behind. Yerin could practically feel Sowon's stare from behind her. Looping her fingers with Umji's, Yerin tried to focus her attention back on their destination. Eventually, they all fell back into line. Yerin was still holding onto Umji's hand, Sowon was walking next to Umji while chatting with Yuju, SinB walked side by side with Yuju, and Eunha was walking next to SinB.

Once the house came into view, SinB pointed first, followed by Eunha, then Sowon, and finally Umji. 

"Finally!"

"We're here!"

Umji started high-fiving both of Yerin's hands. The two tallest copied them. While the others celebrated, Eunha and SinB took off towards the house first, now holding hands. Yerin trailed behind, still trying to piece together what's happening around her. They reached the door and realized... they didn't have a key. Umji tried knocking and made a (very cute) pouty face since there was no reply.

"Grandma didn't mention going anywhere today..." Umji said to the others. 

"There's no spare key?" Eunha questioned the youngest who replied with a nod. A thought suddenly hit Yerin.

'This is like the music video! In Me Gustas Tu, nobody was actually here, we just pretended it was Umji's grandma's house,' 

As much as Yerin wanted to check with the others, she knew they'd just think she was crazy, which would result in a worried Sowon and SinB mercilessly teasing her. 

"We could hang out in the backyard until she gets back. Your grandma doesn't normally lock the gate, does she?" Sowon tried to come up with a solution.

'Sowon... I wish you knew nobody was actually coming,' 

"Yea, she normally leaves it unlocked. Let's go check!" Umji enthusiastically ran towards the back gate with everyone else following behind. As expected, the gate was unlocked which allowed the six girls to enter the yard. Everyone set their bags near the gate and spread out. Since they were stuck outside in the summer heat, it didn't take long for SinB and Eunha to start complaining, with Yerin mentally responding.

"It's too hot,"

'You're not the only one who's hot Eunha...'

"I want something to drink,"

'Me too SinB, me too..."

"This is boring,"

"Do you two have off buttons?" Sowon said as she glared at the complainers, effectively getting them both to be quiet.

"Sure they do, you just have to hit their heads hard enough," Yuju said as she began laughing.

"Bad Yuju! No violence!" Sowon yelled as she contradicted her own scolding by hitting Yuju's arm.

"Ow! You just said no violence!" Yuju yelled back, though it was obviously playful. The two tallest both started laughing. As the laughter died down, it was pretty much silent aside from some chirping birds. Yuju noticed a watering can, filled it up using the hose, and began to water some of the plants. 

Yuju was the only semi-productive member as Sowon, Eunha, SinB, and Umji were all laying down on a platform fanning themselves (or in Umji's case, helping fan SinB) and Yerin was just walking around. Contrary to the music video, Yerin wasn't playfully running around with a bright smile on her face. Instead, she was observing the place and mentally trying to map out the events that are soon to come.

SinB got bored with laying there and went over to where Yuju filled the watering can and grabbed the hose.  Instantly, the others got nervous seeing the beagle pointing the hose in their direction. Yerin was the only one behind SinB and got to watch everything go down. SinB sprayed the other four, resulting in a bunch of screaming and laughter. 

Sowon went over and snatched the hose and began spraying it in the air, allowing it to shower down like a cool rain. 

"Aw~ Now our outfits are all wet," Eunha whined as she started to wring out the water from her shirt.

"Hey, that door is open," Yerin pointed at a door that was previously closed. Obviously, this was rather suspicious but the others didn't seem to mind.

"Maybe grandma left it ajar for us and a gust of wind opened it more," Umji tried to explain the movie magic in a logical way.

"How did we miss that before!?" SinB shouted as she grabbed her bag and ran towards the door, most likely trying to get to the bathroom to change first. 

"Hey! I want to change first!" Eunha ran after the second youngest causing the others to laugh. After everyone was changed they sat around a table with a fan blowing on them. The rather content atmosphere became comical when SinB began screaming into the fan.

"How about we go somewhere?" Yuju suggested as everyone seemed to be getting bored. The others nodded and began brainstorming ideas.

"Pool?"

"Nah, restaurant?"

"Let's just go look around,"

"Something will catch our attention eventually,"

They managed to end up in a bookstore and were enjoying some of the manga that was on around. Eunha and Yuju were in aisle one, Yerin and SinB were together in aisle two, and Sowon and Umji were in aisle three.

"Yerin, look at this!" SinB said playfully. Yerin rested her head on SinB's shoulder and looked as SinB flipped the pages. Although Yerin clearly remembered being the one to call the others over, the other four crowed over without being called.

'So even if I don't do my part, it runs the same course?' Yerin thought to herself. The other five began being weirdos because of the kiss scene in the manga, Sowon even attempted to cover Umji's eyes jokingly like the cute scene in the music video. Yerin became distracted by something on a shelf a few aisles over.

"I'll be right back," She told the others as she made her way over. To her surprise, she realized it was a necklace. the golden chain held a simple bead, more specifically an orange glass bead. Something in her mind was telling her to take it but something else seemed to be forcing her away from it. Going with the first feeling, she reached out and grabbed the chain but as soon her she made contact with the bead, her world seemed to spin. The sudden flash that forced her there was back, but it wasn't comforting. She squeezed her eyes shut, hoping to block out the light and to help ease her sudden queasiness.

To Yerin's surprise, she heard rain around her. She opened one eye hesitantly only to be greeted with new surroundings.

'Why won't this nightmare end?'