Summer Rain

Glass Beads

Sowon glanced around at her new surroundings. The desk she was seated at was littered with stationery and writing utensils and the window in front of her was covered in raindrops. She looked down at the paper on the desk that she appeared to be writing on. Even though it wasn't there during the music video shooting, a number was written gracefully across the paper. 

"I'm taking you with me," Sowon said to herself as she folded the paper and put it in her pocket. Sowon's mind was running in circles. When she was in Glass Bead she was with the other girls even if they weren't really her members. During this music video, the only time they were together was during the dance portions which wasn't helpful considering those don't seem to play into this universe. Sowon looked around the room for anything that could help her find the others but her search was futile. Suddenly, Sowon remembered the phone booth she was in for one of the scenes. 

"It's a long shot... but it might work," Sowon ran out of the house, double-checking that the paper was still in her pocket. She just hoped she could find the phone booth.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Yerin listened to the sound of rain, something she'd normally find soothing but now it was almost concerning. She was crouching on the ground holding an umbrella above her head. She looked around her, trying to see if there was anyone in sight but saw nothing except foliage around her. 

"Hello? Is anyone here?" After hearing no response, Yerin stood up and made sure the umbrella was shielding her before going to find shelter. She passed many buildings and jiggled many doorknobs to try to get out of the rain. All the doors she tried had been locked but, to her relief, a door finally opened. Although slightly uneasy, Yerin recognized the place as the building she was in for the music video. She walked around, skimming her hand over the wall before seating herself on the couch.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Sowon reached the phone booth, much to her relief. She opened the door and stepped inside. Sowon took the piece of paper out of her pocket and began to type the numbers on the keypad. She heard the callback tone as she waited for someone to pick up the phone. To her surprise, someone actually did.

"Hello?"

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Yerin's staring contest with the air ended as the shrill sound of a phone went off. She flinched at the sudden noise before getting up to find the phone. She walked towards the sound and found it on a table.

The phone seemed out of place and it was certainly outdated, making the situation all the more creepy. Despite this, Yerin mustered up the courage to grab the phone and answer it.

"Hello?"

"Yerin?! Is that you?!"

"Sowon? Sowon!? Yes, it's me!"

Even though she wanted to believe this was her Sowon and not some NPC version from their music video, she couldn't get her hopes up.

"Yerin, oh my gosh, I'm so glad to know someone else is here. Where are you?"

"Wait... are you the real Sowon or some fake Sowon?"

Yerin didn't care how crazy she sounded, she needed confirmation.

"Huh? Are... you real? I figured you were like the others in the other... dimension?" 

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Sowon's eyes widened in shock. She figured this Yerin was just like the other girls in the Glass Bead universe, just some empty shell of her girls. Knowing that this Yerin was fully conscious of the issue made Sowon relieved.

"Okay Yerin, tell me where you are, I'm going to come there and we're going to get out of here together,"

Yerin told her a description of the surrounding area since she didn't know the address, but Sowon was determined to find her even if she had to search every building in this place.

"I'll be there soon," Sowon hung up the phone after assuring Yerin that she'll find her. She grabbed her umbrella and bolted out of the phone booth.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Yerin stayed by the front door, holding it open despite the rain that was blown towards her. She watched vigilantly for the leader. Spotting some movement out of the corner of her eye, Yerin yelled.

"Sowon!? Is that you!?"

"Yerin!?" Yerin watched as the shadowy movement materialized into Sowon. She bolted out of the door and attacked Sowon in a hug, dangling off of Sowon's body while the older made sure that her umbrella was shielding them from the rain.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so happy to see you!" Yerin practically choked on her tears. Sowon rubbed her back while trying to calm her down.

"It'll be fine, we'll get out of here soon," Sowon led the younger back towards the house. Once inside, they took a seat on the couch Yerin had found earlier. Despite their happiness from finding each other, they sat in silence and they tried to figure out what to do.

"Okay, let's start thinking this over," Sowon began the conversation. Sowon started with her story about the Glass Bead universe and the red glass bead she found that led her here. Yerin, who seemed to regain her energy after the crying session, followed Sowon's story with her own. She described the Me Gustas Tu universe, going into way more detail than was needed. After Yerin's extensive story, the gears in Sowon's head began to turn.

"So... we don't know how we got here... but it seems that the Glass beads may be the way out. We just need to find one!"

Yerin nodded excitedly before gasping.

"If we're both here, do you think the other girls might be here?" Yerin asked. Sowon saw the glimmer in her eye, something she didn't want to destroy, but she didn't want to get her hopes up either. She simply shrugged before beginning to search the house. Yerin followed her lead. However, their search was fruitless. There was no glass bead hidden within the house.

"Let's try some other places we know," Sowon said to keep Yerin from getting discouraged. The younger nodded and huddled with Sowon under the umbrella as they left the house.

As they walked along the wet road, Sowon spotted another person to her right. Turning quickly, Sowon watched Eunha drop her box and letter before running away.

"Eunha!" Sowon yelled after her.

"I guess she's not our Eunha..." Yerin said sadly as she pulled Sowon towards the items on the ground.

"Do you think there's something in this?" Yerin asked as she began to lift the box. Shaking it lightly, Yerin heard a small object knocking around inside.

"There's no way..." Yerin said as she looked wide-eyed at Sowon.

"That's way too simple," Sowon agreed as she watched Yerin open the box. Inside was a glass bead, just like they were expected. Both stared at it, not sure what to do.

"I don't think we should touch it when we touch one, it seems to move us to another universe," Sowon said as she took the box from Yerin's hands. Yerin held tightly onto the box, much to Sowon's surprise.

"I think we should touch it at the same time. We might stay together that way, and even if we get put somewhere else, it might be better than staying here" Yerin had a point, and Sowon knew that. Nodding her head once to Yerin, showing that she agreed to her plan, they began reaching for the bead.

"3"

"2"

"1"

Just like they expected, a flash of light blinded them as they fell backward, both clutching the bead and each other's hands tightly.

Feeling that their hands were still connected, Sowon opened her eyes. She was greeted with a table full of sweet and her member's faces full of smiles. She looked over and saw that it wasn't Yerin's hand, it was SinB's. To her relief, her Yerin still seemed to be with her, seeing how Yerin's expression wasn't like the others.

"We can do this... if we stay together"