C 08

A Second Chance at Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun struggled to take Misun back because after a few paces, she simply stopped trying to walk. It looked like she had completely given up on everything. After few more paces, Sehun realized that they won’t make it back unless he carried her in his arms or gave her a piggy back ride. So, he led her to a nearby bench silently thanking the Gods for letting him spot it and gently let her sit there.

Sehun ran his hands over his perfectly gelled hair in frustration. He was so helpless. His car was two miles away in the underground car park of the facility. All his friends except Yixing are completely drunk and are about half a mile away from where he and Misun were.  Sehun also didn’t have enough confidence to let Misun sit there alone while he doubled back for his car either. He gave another worried glance at Misun, who now had buried her face between her knees and had drawn herself into a ball on the bench. He noticed her body shuddering occasionally.

God, please don’t tell me she’s crying…..

Without taking his eyes off Misun, he took out his phone and quickly dialled Yixing and thankfully he picked up on the second ring.

“Hyung.” Sehun said urgently. “Can you come over?”

“Sure. Where are you guys now?” Yixing asked. He didn’t fail to notice the edginess in Sehun’s tone.

“Near the intersection.” Sehun said. “Please do come as quickly as possible.” He added before hanging up.

Since Sehun had nothing to do but wait, he sighed and sat down beside Misun.

Is it that time of the month already for her? No, it can’t be the reason. Sehun shook his head. He knew that girls acted weirdly during those days, but it’s been well over a month since he met her and she had never been like this before. 

May be it’s something she ate? Nah, that doesn’t seem like it either. If that was the case, he would have also felt queasy. On the contrary, he felt perfectly fine.

Sehun concluded that it’s better to ask her what’s wrong instead of assuming pointlessly. But now is definitely not the time. May be when she is feeling better and is ready to talk. He gave another sigh as he slung an arm around her shoulder and pulled her to his chest. Misun snuggled into him and Sehun tightened his grip. He gently ran his other hand though her windswept, slightly tangled hair in a gentle way in an attempt to calm her down. He felt his shirt soaking up after sometime thereby proving his suspicion. She was crying, alright.

“Sehun!” Yixing called as he came to a standstill in front of Sehun after about ten minutes. It looked like Yixing had run all the way because he was breathing heavily and his brows were creased with worry. Sehun immediately put his finger to his lips and pointed wordlessly at Misun.

“What’s wrong with her?” Yixing asked bewildered as he took sight of Misun who was half buried on Sehun’s chest. Sehun gently shrugged his shoulders, indicating he was just as clueless as Yixing.

“Hyung, can you get me my car?” Sehun asked as he fetched his car key from his pocket and handed it over to Yixing.

“Okay. Will you be able to manage alone? Should we take her to the doctor’s?”  Yixing asked worriedly.

“My best guess is that she is not ill. I will manage here alone. Just get the car here.” Sehun whispered hurriedly.

“Okay.” Yixing said and he turned away and started walking in a brisk pace.

 

Misun felt like a wreck. She actually thought that she was doing exceptionally well after the breakup. She even thought that she had gotten over Jongin completely. But having his poster shoved on her face unexpectedly like that was like being punched in the gut without warning. She thought  hard as to what triggered her this way. May be it’s his trademark smirk……..

Or maybe it’s the genuine happiness on his face……her inner voice told her. May be he is not affected by the breakup as much as she is. May be he has gone back to how his life was before he met her. Who knows, he might even have got himself a new girlfriend by now, someone who would be okay with whatever decision he made.

Misun had no idea what her own reaction towards Jongin getting himself a new girlfriend was. She just felt numb all over. She might feel the pain after the numbness has ebbed away and she felt scared of the pain awaiting her after it. How much she wished the numbness will last forever!

Then the anger came. She was so angry that she wanted to slap Jongin over and over for giving up on her and for not even trying to understand her. For the next few moments, she felt absolute hatred towards Jongin and for a fleeting moment, she felt happy that they broke up before they could go any deeper into the relationship.

Then came the sadness. Sadness, that she blindly loved the wrong person all this while.  She still vividly remembered every single kiss Jongin showered her with and his every touch and they triggered so much pain that she simply felt her head spinning.  

She also felt ashamed of herself, for showing how weak a person she is to Sehun. What would he think of her? She curled herself into a ball as soon as Sehun helped her sit on a bench. She was not yet ready to face him since she knew very well that he might ask disturbing questions.

She panicked slightly when Sehun’s warmth left her for a bit and relaxed when it came back as he sat beside her and pulled her close to him again. Misun breathed in his painfully familiar scent and buried herself in his chest. She stayed like that without being aware of the fact that she was steadily ruining his shirt with her tears. Then she heard Sehun conversing with another person and it sounded like Yixing, who left soon afterwards. She relaxed considerably when Sehun started her hair lightly.

It was all silent for a while except for the steady beating of Sehun’s heart. What Misun heard after a while was the sound of a powerful engine quite close by. She didn’t have to open her eyes to know that it was Sehun’s car.

“Hey, Sweetheart.” Sehun  murmured in her ear,his breath gently fanning the side of her face. “How about you get up and get into the car?”

Misun very much wanted to do that but didn’t want to show her tear stained face to both Yixing and Sehun and clung onto Sehun’s arm as he attempted to get up.

“You are not making this easy for me.” Sehun sighed as he bent down and scooped her up in his arms. Yixing opened the passenger door just in time for Sehun to place Misun on the seat. Sehun then proceeded to buckle her up before getting into the back while Yixing got into the driver’s seat.

The ride back was quick. They parked the car infront of the street food shop. Both Yixing and Sehun then flagged down two cabs and heaved the drunkards into the car. Yixing wiped sweat off his forehead as he got into the front seat of one of the cabs.

“Are you sure you don’t wanna stay tonight at my place?” Yixing asked anxiously.

“No, Hyung. I have to go back. Misun’s brother would very much appreciate it if I brought her straight back home. Besides, I guess I might have to  give an explanation as to why she is behaving this way even though I have no idea what is actually wrong.”

“Over protective brother?”  Yixing chuckled.

“Yup.” Sehun grinned.

“So, see you next month?” Yixing asked.

“Yeah.”

“Have a safe journey.” Yixing called out the open window as the cab started moving.

 

 

Sehun got back to the car and got in. He looked sideways at Misun and saw her sitting upright. It looked like she had finally stopped crying. She had wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter