C 020

A Second Chance at Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You are thinking too highly of yourself, Mr.Oh.” Misun said coolly as though her jaw dropped only because of Sehun’s sudden appearance and not because of the way he looked.

“Well, if that’s the case, why are you blushing?” Sehun taunted, wiggling his fingers on her waist making her squirm.

“Not in public!” Misun exclaimed as she struggled to get herself free from his inescapable grip.

“It’s my house for god’s sake!” Sehun rolled his eyes. “I can do whatever I want under this roof.”

“There are people around, idiot.” Misun snapped as her eyes frantically swept the place to see whether people have noticed what Sehun was doing.

Before Sehun could come up with a good response, Mr.Oh’s booming voice reached them over the crowd.

“Son, come here!!!!” Mr.Oh called loudly.

“This is why I hate parties.” Sehun mumbled under his breath. “I will see you soon, alright? Help yourself to some food.” He continued, waving his hands over to the table on the side. He then swooped down and quickly pecked the side of her head before walking briskly towards his father, who quickly slung an arm around his neck proudly as he introduced his youngest son to an old man in a navy blue suit. Misun let out a small sigh as she watched Sehun conversing with the old man. It didn’t seem like it would end soon and more people started gathering around Sehun’s little group, all waiting for their chance to talk to him. She realised that Sehun won’t become free for another one hour or so and looked around to see whether she could socialize  with the crowd. No matter how hard she tried to blend in with the people around her, she simply couldn’t do it. No one even bothered to make small talk with her either even though some of them gave her curious looks, having seen Sehun kissing her minutes ago. She felt even more uncomfortable under their judging stares and was looking around for an escape route when she noticed a familiar figure standing alone on the other end of the hall. They looked equally uncomfortable as she was and ofcourse, Misun didn’t expect them here at all. Momentarily forgetting that she was in the middle of a party, she jumped up and down in the air, her arms waving above her head madly as though to attract the other person’s attention.

“Baekhyun!!!” Misun shouted when the said guy didn’t notice her desperate attempts to catch his eye.

Hearing someone calling out his name, Baekhyun looked up and smiled widely when he caught sight of Misun. He quickly weaved through the crowd and came to a stand still in front of Misun.

“Sehun didn’t tell me you were coming!.” Misun said barely containing her excitement as she gripped Baekhyun’s hands tightly. She was genuinely happy to see him after such a long time and she really missed him so much.

“I didn’t know I would be coming either. Sehun asked me just hours ago if I could come. Apparently, he wanted me to keep you company given that Kris couldn’t make it today.” Baekhyun smiled. “He knew he would get hauled away by the guests and you would be left alone.”

Misun automatically turned around to look at Sehun and saw him looking back at her. A look of relief was evident on his face when his eyes slid on to Baekhyun’s figure beside her. Baekhyun has kept his word and has turned up to keep Misun company. Winking at her, Sehun quickly turned his face to the other side, again involving in the conversation as though the brief exchange didn’t happen at all. Misun continued staring at Sehun, a small smile playing on her lips, until Baekhyun cleared his throat and informed her that he was still there with her.

“Let’s walk around, shall we?” Baekhyun asked as he offered his hand to Misun. Both of them started walking aimlessly, talking animatedly about what both of them had been up to since Baekhyun’s visit to Damyang, which was the last time they actually saw each other face to face. As their conversation progressed, Misun couldn’t help but feel grateful towards Sehun with all her heart for asking Baekhyun to come over. With Baekhyun by her side, time just flew past and she didn’t feel out of place anymore and the conversation simply flowed with both of them laughing often. Baekhyun was joking around just as usual and this time he was telling Misun about how Chanyeol had once set his pants on fire in the facility. Misun laughed so hard imagining Chanyeol running around with his pants ablaze that she didn’t notice that Baekhyun who was laughing with her moments ago had suddenly stopped laughing.  His eyes were narrowed and their usual warmth was gone. Misun stopped laughing and followed his line of vision and her eyes fell on Seo Yeon. Seo Yeon was also staring coldly back at Baekhyun and was standing a few feet away from Baekhyun and Misun. Misun nervously watched them staring each other down. Baekhyun and Seo Yeon hated each other’s guts so much and it wasn’t a secret anymore to Misun, since Seo Yeon herself had revealed this info when she had come to see Misun to deliver the dress for the party.

“Byun.” Seo Yeon stated. Misun felt Goosebumps on her skin because of how cold  Seo Yeon’s voice sounded. It didn’t sound mellow like it usually did.

“Ms.Kim.” Baekhyun acknowledged Seo Yeon with an equally cold tone. It was like the both of them were trying their best not to launch themselves at the other. They looked like they very much wanted to rip each other’s throats.

“My surname is Oh now.” Seo Yeon said, one side of her lips tilted upwards in a slight smirk. Misun’s eyes quickly darted to Baekhyun wondering what he was about to say. Baekhyun seemed like he wanted to say something really bad but he let out a huge sigh.

“Whatever.” He said instead. “Misun, let’s go.” He quickly grabbed Misun and dragged her away from Seo yeon, but not before Misun gave her an apologetic smile.

“I thought you guys would get into a fight or something.” Misun shuddered. They were now far away from Seo yeon and were standing beside a pillar to catch their breaths.

“Nah, can’t let my emotions ruin the party. After all, I was not invited officially right?” Baekhyun laughed. “But seriously, that girl really gives off negative vibes in my opinion.” Misun just kept silent because she also felt exactly the same about Seo Yeon. Even though Seo Yeon was all smiles and sunshine whenever Misun saw her, somehow, Misun couldn’t  feel any warmth from the girl. Apart from having great looks, Seo Yeon didn’t have anything special about her. But may be Misun thought that way  because she didn’t know Seo Yeon quite well and so it’s too early to judge her. But the fact that Seo Yeon used to harbour feelings and might still be towards Sehun made Misun extremely uneasy.

“I’m honestly glad that she didn’t end up with Sehun.” Baekhyun said again and gave a satisfied smile. “I realized that Seo Yeon and Sehun weren’t meant to be the day I met her officially. She is the kind of person who doesn’t give a damn about relationships. She felt indifferent about how everything had turned out, whereas Sehun looked like a drowned person. I was sincerely scared that his depression would end his career but he coped up much better than I expected. He might have realized that he was better off without Seo Yeon alongside him. ”

Misun simply listened to Baekhyun’s rant. Even though she had already heard about the story from Seo Yeon beforehand, she felt that she liked Baekhyun’s version much better. At least it enabled her to put the blame on Seo Yeon without feeling bad for once. Seo yeon had made it sound like she had no other choice but to give up Sehun where as according to Baekhyun Seo Yeon did everything well planned and was not to be sympathized with and that if she had truly loved Sehun, she wouldn’t have left him in the first place.

“But then again, humans are selfish creatures, aren’t they?” Baekhyun mused, m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter