C 011

A Second Chance at Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It took all of Sehun’s will power not to burst out at both Kris and Misun that evening. He decided that the best time to question Kris would be when Misun was not around. He even got a couple of opportunities to confront Kris, like once when Misun went to the restroom and once when she went upstairs to her room, but Sehun couldn’t just go  straight up and ask Kris about it. Besides, he was yet to think of how well to frame his questions so as not to sound rude or demanding.

Sehun didn’t get a chance to get Kris alone at all that night after the two chances he missed. It was with a heavy heart that Sehun went to bed that night. He became restless with each passing minute and no matter how hard he tried to sleep, he simply couldn’t do it.  Sehun finally fell into a restless sleep at dawn but it only worsened the situation. He dreamed about Misun and the guy kissing passionately in his orchard and when Misun spotted Sehun watching their makeout session, she broke off from the kiss and looked at Sehun with eyes full of pity.

Sehun opened his eyes with a madly beating heart and found himself drenched in sweat. He sat up abruptly on his bed and covered his face with both his palms. He couldn’t do this. He can’t stay put without knowing anything. I have to know. He thought desperately. Sehun knew that he won’t be able to sleep again and hence quietly took a shower and towelled himself frantically and dressed up only to know that he was wearing his t-shirt back to front. Cursing, he wore it the right way and half walked , half ran towards Misun’s house which was still dark, which meant that she and Kris were still sleeping.

Sehun quickly punched in the security code and went in only to find Kris slouching off across the living room towards the kitchen with his eyes  still closed.

“Morning.” Sehun said carefully.

“What are you doing here so early in the morning?” Kris asked lazily opening his eyes. But his tone sounded suspicious.

“Nothing. I just thought I would come and check up on you guys.” Sehun said hastily.

“Whatever.” Kris shrugged and yawned as he made himself and Sehun coffee.

Ask him now ….nice and easy does it…..c’mon Sehun…..you can do it……

“Um, Kris?” Sehun asked when both of them were settled on the kitchen chairs with coffee mugs in their hands.

“Yeah?” Kris asked absent mindedly as he went through his phone. Just when Sehun was about to open his mouth, he heard someone bounding down the stairs.

“What a beautiful day!!!!” Misun said cheerfully as she came inside the kitchen with a bright smile. She had already freshened up. Sehun silently clenched his fist. There goes his chance to corner Kris. For the first time in his life, he didn’t feel happy seeing Misun.

“What’s up with you guys today?” Kris asked bewildered. “Why are you two up so early?”

“I want coffee.” Misun said as a reply. Kris gave a grunt as he stood up again to fetch the coffee pot.

“Morning, Hun.” Misun said, turning her attention towards Sehun.

“Yeah. Morning.” Sehun said trying hard to maintain a straight face.

After finishing his coffee, Kris stood up and dragged his feet back to him room to get ready for work, which left both Misun and Sehun alone in the kitchen.

“You alright?” Misun asked, her tone serious as soon as Kris went out of sight.

“Yeah.” Sehun replied shortly, afraid that his shaky voice might give him away.

“It’s just that you look bothered about something.” Misun said thoughtfully ,eyeing him closely. “I have been noticing since yesterday, you are not yourself. You are restless, like, I don’t know….it’s like you are trying hard to make sense of something…” Misun trailed off uncertainly.

“I’m fine.” Sehun said and tried to smile but ended up doing a grimace that looked painful.

“Okay.” Misun quickly agreed. “So what are we doing today?”. She tried to bring his mood up.

“I’m planning on helping Kris out at the clinic.” Sehun said making drastic last minute plans. He had better chance of getting Kris alone there.

“But, I’m not in the mood.” Misun moaned.

“Well, you can stay here and water the plants for me.” Sehun quickly offered and prayed fervently for her to take the offer.

“Sure.” Misun agreed and Sehun silently felt relieved.

As soon as Kris came back all dressed up, all of them had granola bars and milk for breakfast.

Kris stared when Sehun got into the car with him. “I’m hanging around the clinic today.” Sehun mouthed as a response. Kris shook his head and muttered something that sounded close to ‘kids’ as he started the car. Misun waved cheerfully from the porch steps.

For the duration of ride from their home to the clinic, Kris kept giving Sehun curious glances through the mirror as he was sitting in the back but didn’t ask anything.

“Fancy seeing you without Misun following you around like a lost puppy.” Kris finally said as he parked his car and got out. Sehun followed the same. Sehun didn’t say anything but shrugged in response.

“Did you guys fight or something?” Kris asked trying hard not to look interested but he couldn’t hide the look of concern on his face. Both of them walked towards Kris’s office.

“I followed you here because I wanted to ask you something.” Sehun said looking straight into Kris’s eyes.

“Shoot.” Kris prompted as he took his coat from the coat hanger and donned it on.

“Kris.” Mi Rae called with a hint of urgency in her tone as she appeared infront of the consultancy room. “Mr.Min fainted at his place and I just got a call from his neighbour. We should go check him out. Oh, hi Sehun.” She added when she noticed Sehun standing inside looking thoroughly out of place.

“Let’s go.” Kris said to Mi Rae and hurried past Sehun. “Wait for me here.” He added at Sehun before he swept out of the room with Mi Rae in the lead.

About half an hour later, Kris and Mi Rae returned but Sehun noticed with a sinking feeling that Misun had tagged along.

“I already watered the plants and it’s boring there without you.” Misun said.

“You wanted to ask me something, Sehun?” Kris prompted.

“Do you mind if I have a word with Sehun first?” Misun cut in before Sehun could reply.

“Yeah.” Kris agreed rightaway and went into his room to start his consultation.

As soon as Kris and Mi rae left, Misun beckoned Sehun out of the building. Sehun had no choice but to follow. As soon as Misun made sure that they would not be overheard, she stopped walking and tuned around to face Sehun and folded her arms across her chest.

“You went through my stuff.” She stated .

Sehun was so taken aback by what she said that he couldn’t come up with a proper justification for his actions. He shouldn’t have gone through her private stuff without asking her permission. He opened and closed his mouth several times like a fish out of the water.

“It was not that hard to notice finger marks all over the dusty shoe box.” Misun added coolly.

“I’m sorry that I went through your stuff without your consent.” Sehun said in a low voice and looked down at his feet, feeling extremely guilty.

“It’s okay, Sehun.” Misun said in an equally low voice. “And I believe I owe you an explanation.”

“You do?” Sehun asked unable to believe his own ears. He never thought that she would be okay with talking about her past.

“Ofcourse!” Misun said, exasperatedly. “I think it’s better if you ask me whatever you wanna know.”

Unaware of what they were doing, they had already started walking away from Kris’s clinic. Kris, who had been observing the two of them from a considerable distance didn’t bother calling them back. He had a lot of patients that day and whatever Sehun had to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter