I am NOT [me]

I am NOT [Stray Kids Hogwarts AU One Shot series]

I'm back with a new one shot! I've been looking forward to uploading this one bc Minchan/Banginho/Chanho are my fav ship...

I hope you guys like it. As always I had lots of help from my sister Jenny! She also made the edit  above which you can (hopefully) see! 

 

It was common knowledge that Gryffindor and Slytherin didn't always see eye to eye. Though, it had been getting a lot more peaceful between the two houses ever since the battle of Hogwarts, there were still minor occurrences between Slytherins and Gryffindors from time to time.

Minho wasn't quite sure why Gryffindor's Quidditch team captain, Bang Chan, didn't like him. He had never been out with him. He had never had a one-night stand with him - which was kind of a shame because the guy was fine! He hadn't sent any intentional Bludgers in his direction during Quidditch before.

Still, Bang Chan hated him. And even though Minho pretended to be indifferent about it, it bothered him. He'd learned to just hate him back but deep down he still wanted to know what had caused the Gryffindor to dislike him so much.

~

"Okay, so for this project I want you to partner up," Professor Slughorn announced one rainy afternoon in Potions class. Minho groaned. He hated working with others. He at Potions, but he wasn't someone who liked to rely on others.

Professor Slughorn read out the pairings. Minho avoided the eyes of the people who looked in his direction, hoping to be paired with him or shooting him disappointed glances when their names had already been called.

Truthfully, Minho had been out with almost half of the people in this dungeon; the guys mostly, so he wasn't really eager to be paired with anyone he had rejected after the first date.

"Lee Minho and Bang Chan," the professor called out.

"What?" came a bemused shout from the other side of the room.

"You've heard correctly, Mr Bang," Professor Slughorn said knowingly. Everyone was aware of how the two of them felt about each other and knowing their Potions professor he had paired them up for that exact reason.

Minho sighed, somehow wishing he'd been paired up with one of those thirsty hoes after all. Chan wasn't shy when it came to displaying his resentment towards Minho, so he was looking forward to a promising 80 minutes with him...

"Now that you all have your partners, I am going to tell you about the potion. It is similar to Polyjuice potion and allows the drinker to temporarily change forms. The difference is that it doesn't take a month to brew it and it usually wears off more quickly. I advise you to carefully read the instructions. This potion can be quite... tricky," Slughorn explained.

Minho walked over to Chan's desk, determined to only speak to him when he had to. The Gryffindor glared at him but said nothing.

"Alright. You may begin!" Professor Slughorn announced. Chan began gathering the supplies they'd need for their potion while Minho heated up the cauldron.

"I'll crush the lacewing paste for later. You follow the first set of instructions," Chan said without looking at him. Minho raised his eyebrow at his rudeness but chose not to pick a fight while their professor was literally three feet away from them.

Minho carefully followed the instructions, trying not to mess up the potion, but he didn't seem to be doing a particularly good job. It should be a light green by now, but it somehow turned out hot pink. Meanwhile, Chan had finished preparing the paste made of lacewing flies and checked on Minho's progress. His eyes widened at the bubbling mess in his cauldron.

"What the , dude?!" he exclaimed. Minho glared at him.

"What? I followed the instructions. It's not my fault it turned out this way!" he defended himself.

"It's definitely your fault if you can't read!" Chan snapped at him. Minho slammed his wand down on the desk.

"Your cauldron is probably just dirty!"

"Are you really trying to blame this on me?!" Chan asked in disbelief. He shoved Minho aside, seemingly trying to fix their potion. Minho stood next to him, looking over his shoulder. Chan tried adding some of the paste he'd prepared and for a moment it seemed to work. The potion took on a faint green shade.

Judging by the triumphant look on his face, Chan was about to make a snarky comment, regarding Minho's apparent inability to read instructions. Then, suddenly, the cauldron began to rumble, and the potion started throwing huge bubbles. The potion turned from light green to bright orange with smoke rising up in the air.

It hit Minho and Chan full-on before either of them could hold their breath. Minho felt his eyes tear up and his vision go blurry. The next moment, the dungeon faded and was replaced by darkness.

~

Minho woke up in the hospital wing. He felt dizzy and weird as he sat up. Madam Pomfrey rushed over to him. "Ah, good, you're awake. Your friend over there should wake up soon, as well," she said. Minho just nodded, not trusting himself to muster an answer.

"Bro!" a voice came from next to him. Minho looked to his left where an unexpected visitor sat on a chair. Lee Felix, Gryffindor fifth year and 'not-crush' of his best friend Changbin. He'd obviously just woken up from a nap on said chair, if the drool on his chin was anything to go by.

"Um... what are you doing here?" Minho questioned. He had never directly spoken to Felix, so he wasn't quite sure why the younger would sit on an uncomfortable chair and wait for him to wake up, instead of doing literally anything else.

Felix' eyes widened, and he dramatically grabbed Minho's shoulders. "Did you lose your memory?! It's me, Felix! Your best friend! We've known each other for five years. Don't do this to me!" he exclaimed. The kid actually looked close to tears. Minho calmly pried Felix' small hands off him and looked at him with a blank expression.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he said.

"Bang Chan! If this is a joke, it's not funny!" Felix cried. It was safe to say that Minho was beyond confused at this point. Did this kid just call him Bang Chan? Was he having some kind of weird dream?

A few beds over a person was sitting up and Madam Pomfrey walked over to him to check on him, effectively blocking Minho's view. Felix was still whining about how he couldn't believe that his best friend didn't recognize him, but Minho paid him no mind. Madam Pomfrey stepped aside and he caught the other patient's eyes.

"Holy ," they both said unanimously. Minho wasn't looking at just anyone. He was looking at himself. Felix had finally stopped agonizing and was now giving Minho a confused look.

"Give me a mirror or something!" he said to the Gryffindor. Felix looked even more confused but conjured a mirror out of thin air nonetheless.

Minho had heard Changbin swoon (yes, you read that right. Seo Changbin had swooned) over Felix' talent in Charms but he'd never actually seen him in action. He had to admit that he was a little impressed. However, that didn't last very long as he was now taking a look in the mirror.

"You have got to be kidding me," he mumbled.

He was staring at the reflection of none other than Bang Chan.

"Do you remember now?" Felix asked hopefully. Minho closed his eyes for a second, he felt a migraine coming up.

"Yes, Felix. I remember now. I'm freaking Bang Chan," he complained. Madam Pomfrey walked over to him with a cup in her hand. She gave Felix a look.

"Sorry, dear. You have to leave now. He needs rest," she said to him. Felix pouted but got up nonetheless.

"I'll stop by again later with Jinwoo," he promised before he left the hospital wing. Minho groaned. Why did he have to wake up as Bang Chan of all freaking people in the world?

"So, I'm sure you two realized what happened, right?" Madam Pomfrey addressed both of them.

"Not completely, did we take each other's form? How long will this last?" Chan asked, clearly just as displeased with the situation as Minho.

Madam Pomfrey gave him a look that seemed to be half amusement and half sympathy. "You didn't just take on each other's form. You've switched bodies," she told them.

Quite frankly, Minho wanted to pass out.

"How do we switch them back?" he asked impatiently.

"That's going to be a problem..." Madam Pomfrey said.

"What do you mean by that?" Chan questioned, sounding alarmed. The nurse didn't answer right away. Minho had a feeling that he wasn't going to like where this was going.

"It's going to be complicated," Madam Pomfrey told them. "You two are so out of sync that you won't switch back into your own bodies until you learn to get along," she explained. The two boys shared a bemused look. Getting along with Bang Chan wasn't really that high on Minho's agenda. He couldn't even figure out why the guy hated him so how was he supposed to get along with him?

"Can't you just give us a potion?" Chan asked hopefully. Madam Pomfrey shook her head.

"I'm afraid it's not going to be that easy. For now, you're just going to have to live in each other's bodies. Other than that, you're completely fine and free to go," she said shuffling away to mind her own business.

~

"Just to be clear, this is all your fault," Minho said in an annoyed tone of voice as they left the hospital wing a few minutes later. It was weird to see his own face glare at him.

"How the is this my fault?! You're the one who couldn't read the damn instructions!" Chan snapped at him.

"And you just had to throw in another ingredient without actually knowing what you're doing!" Minho fired back, turning away from the other boy to stomp away to the Slytherin common room. He'd walked about five steps when he realized that he was Bang Chan now; a Gryffindor. He couldn't exactly waltz into the Slytherin common room like that.

He sighed and swung back around. "Give me the password to the Gryffindor common room," he demanded. Chan raised an eyebrow.

"Why would I do that?" he questioned. Minho rolled his eyes.

"Because, genius, I am you now. I can't go to my own common room," he snapped. "We probably shouldn't even be telling people about it, so in order not to get figured out, I need the damn password! Unless, of course, you want me to sleep on the floor and get a backache. It's your back after all," Minho told him. The argument seemed to be convincing enough.

"It's Puffskein," Chan said bitterly.

Minho bowed his head as a mocking gesture of gratitude before turning on his heel, ready to walk away. "Hey, wait! I also need your password!" he heard Chan call out to him. Minho rolled his eyes again. The next moment a grin spread on his lips, as he faced the other once again.

"I'll tell you the password if you tell me something in return," he said. Chan's face (well, technically, Minho's face but you get what I mean) darkened.

"What do you want?" he questioned. Minho decided that this was his chance to get answers from the other boy.

"Why do you hate me so much?" he asked. The Gryffindor rolled his eyes at him.

"You know what, I'll just figure it out myself. You made a good point. If I have to sleep outside, it's your back that'll hurt," Chan said to him and walked away without further words. Minho watched him turn a corner before he let his shoulders slump a little. Why couldn't Chan even tell him the reason he didn't like him?

Minho sighed before making his way to the Gryffindor common room. The walk from the hospital wing wasn't very long and he knew the exact location of it since he had been on a few dates with several Gryffindors before. The thought of having to spend Merlin-knows-how-long there kind of pissed him off, though.

"Puffskein," he said, once he'd reached the portrait of the Fat Lady. She gave him a displeased look, almost as if to silently scold him for disturbing her, but swung open nonetheless. Minho climbed through the portrait hole and looked around. He'd never actually been inside the Gryffindor common room. It was pretty cozy, though, unlike the dark dungeons of the Slytherins. Those held a different kind of comfort.

"Chan!" Felix exclaimed. Minho hadn't seen him sitting over by the fireplace, where he was probably doing his homework. The younger waved him over and Minho complied. "I didn't think you'd be released this early!" Felix told him.

"Well, apparently I'm just fine..." Minho said, resisting the urge to add a sarcastic remark about the unfortunate situation he and Bang Chan were in.

"Good. You really had us worried," Felix said. Minho shrugged.

"It was that idiot's fault," he mumbled. The younger raised his eyebrow.

"You talkin' about Minho?" It felt weird, talking about himself like that, but Minho knew that he couldn't really correct Felix here.

"Yeah..." he replied reluctantly. "You know what, I'm gonna rest a little. I suddenly don't feel too well," Minho told the younger and headed off in the direction of the staircase that seemed to be leading to the dormitories. He hoped that this was all just a dream and that he'd wake up in his own body and his own bed tomorrow morning.

~

Needless to say, Minho got disappointed.

It had been three days and he was still trapped in the body of Bang Chan. Even worse, Gryffindor had a Quidditch game today – against Slytherin. Minho had never played as a Chaser before and he was supposed to be the Gryffindor's team captain. He was also worried about his own body getting hurt in the game. As a Beater he had to deal with Bludgers all the time. What if Chan couldn't handle it and would end up breaking his skull? Minho shuddered at the thought and proceeded to get changed into 'his' Quidditch uniform.

"You look worried, captain," Felix . Minho gave him a half-assed smile.

"I'm fine," he lied. Felix didn't exactly seem to believe him, but he didn't have time to question him because the game was just about to start. The team stepped onto the Quidditch field and got onto their broomsticks. Minho spotted Chan, looking about as nervous as he felt.

The Golden Snitch was released, and the game began.

When Minho had tried out for Slytherin's Quidditch team in his third year he originally wanted to be a Chaser. However, he had been aware that it was the most popular position and that his chances were pretty slim. Besides, Hyunjin had done way a better job so Minho had ended up with the Beater position, which he was happy about. He was good at it. Now, he had to play on a position he wasn't good at and he had to worry about Chan hitting himself over the head with a bat.

Minho caught the Quaffle from one of his teammates – and then dropped it. The announcer, a fifth year Ravenclaw named Seungmin commented on his mistake immediately. Minho silently cursed to himself for not reacting quickly enough before trying to focus on the game.

"Try not to make an idiot of me, would you?" Chan snapped from a few meters above him. Minho glared at the older.

"You don't need me for that!" he fired back. Chan was about to retaliate when he seemed to see something behind Minho, causing his eyes to widen.

"Watch out!" he called.

Minho didn't question it and dodged the Bludger, that had soared towards him, by a hair. He heard appalled screams from the spectators' area before he could focus his eyes on Bang Chan again. Minho looked around to find out what had caused that sort of reaction when he saw his own body falling towards the ground.

Chan hadn't managed to dodge the bludger, probably attempting to use the bat in his hand to fend it off. Minho didn't waste much time and began chasing after the other boy's falling body on his broomstick. The game was still going on, so he had to zigzag through a few of the other players but, luckily, he managed to catch Chan before he ended up as a pancake on the ground.

Madam Hooch finally blew her whistle to stop the game, but Minho barely heard it. He got off his broomstick and properly lifted the Gryffindor up into his arms before storming off the Quidditch field. A few people tried to talk to him on his way to the hospital wing, but he ignored them all. His arms hurt and the unconscious body of a 17-year-old wasn't exactly easy to carry but Minho didn't stop until he reached the hospital wing.

~

Minho didn't know why he was so determined to stay and wait for Chan to wake up, especially after he got reassurance from Madame Pomfrey that he would be fine and there wasn't going to be any permanent damage. But he was sitting here, next to Chan's bed, staring at his own face, waiting for him to open his eyes.

He was tired and his back hurt from sitting on the uncomfortable chair for so long. It had been about three hours since he had carried Chan all the way from the Quidditch field to the hospital wing. Changbin and Hyunjin had already stopped by to visit him, not knowing that their best friend was actually fine. They didn't pay him any mind as they worried about their friend's well-being. It was touching, really, and he kind of wanted to tell them that he was alright, but he and Chan had agreed not to tell anyone about their body switch incident.

Now he was alone again, apart from Madam Pomfrey occasionally coming over to check on Chan. He was about to drift off when he caught a movement from Chan's direction. Minho sat up straight and looked at Chan who had opened his eyes.

"What happened?" he questioned groggily.

"You were hit in the shoulder by a bludger and fell off your broomstick..." Minho told him. The other's eyes widened.

"And I'm alive?" he asks disbelievingly.

Minho actually chuckled at that. "Yeah, obviously", he said.

Madam Pomfrey came over again once she had noticed that Chan was awake. "You were lucky that this one reacted so quickly, catching you before you hit the ground!" she pointed out, nodding her head in Minho's direction. Minho avoided Chan's eyes when he looked at him for confirmation.

"I did it because I'm attached to my body," he mumbled incoherently.

"Whatever. You're going to be fine. I healed your shoulder already. I just want to keep you here for the night to check on you," Madam Pomfrey said to Chan who nodded. The nurse rushed off to tend to another patient at the far back of the hospital wing. Minho rose from his chair.

"Well, now that you're awake, I might as well go to bed," he said.

"Wait..." Chan called out to him when he was just about to walk away. Minho looked at the other boy who was sitting up in his bed. "Thanks... even if you did it for your own body. I'd be a flounder if it wasn't for you. Who knows if our bodies actually change back if one of us dies...so, thank you," Chan said. He sounded sincere, something Minho wasn't used to from the Gryffindor. Usually, Chan was pissed or annoyed when he spoke to him.

"It's fine," Minho answered. He turned around and left the hospital wing, heading to the Gryffindor common room. He was immediately greeted by Felix. Minho had to admit that he'd warmed up to the young Gryffindor over the past few days. He seemed to genuinely care for Chan, and he got to experience his crush on Changbin first-hand. It was pretty adorable.

"Where were you?" Felix questioned.

"At the hospital wing..." Minho replied. "I was just making sure that Ch – ...I mean Minho would be okay..." he said. Felix raised his eyebrows.

"That's nice of you but... since when do you care so much about him?" he questioned. The older shrugged.

"I don't... I'm tired so I'll wash up and go to bed," Minho told him. He didn't wait for an answer and went to do just that.

~

Minho was still pretty curious to find out why Chan hated him so much, but the Gryffindor still wasn't particularly fond of him, even after he had saved his .

Besides, he got a little side-tracked when he noticed how popular Chan actually was among guys. Minho hadn't really seen him with anyone before, so it came as quite the surprise to him.

Minho was used to being approached by guys, so it wasn't much of a change for him, being the natural flirt he was, but the guys who approached him seemed surprised that he didn't turn them down. A Ravenclaw seventh year was just in the middle of asking him out on a date and as weird as it was, considering he wasn't himself, he decided to agree. Chan could thank him later for getting him some action.

Felix seemed confused by Chan's sudden flirtiness, but Minho had too much fun, doing what he was good at, to pay it any mind. He ended up not going on the date with the Ravenclaw because he found someone else to spend his Saturday evening with. The news about Bang Chan's change of attitude seemed to spread like wildfire and he got asked out almost as much as his normal self. (A/N: Just to be clear: Minho doesn't sleep with anyone while he's in Chan's body!)

After his date on Saturday he came back to the Gryffindor common room. Felix was waiting for him as usual, but today he seemed serious. Minho walked over and let himself fall down in the armchair next to his. Felix gave him an expectant look but Minho didn't quite understand what the kid wanted.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" he finally asked. Felix looked at him like he'd lost his mind.

"Why are you suddenly acting like this?" Minho was confused by the younger's question. "You've been preaching how much you hate mindless flirting and casual dating and now, here you are! Did you forget what happened in your fifth year?" Felix continued his rant.

Minho furrowed his brows. "What about my fifth year?" he questioned. He and Chan had been classmates for the past seven years and he hadn't heard of any major occurrence in their fifth year, even though he usually knew what was going on in this castle. Felix let out an exasperated gasp at his friend's question.

"What about it?! Did you forget about your cheating hoe of an ex-boyfriend? Jinwoo and I literally didn't get you out of bed for three weeks because you were crying your eyes out over that Slytherin ! Isn't that why you're not going after Changbin's friend? Are you sure you don't have amnesia?" Felix questioned.

Ex-boyfriend? Changbin's friend? It was all a little much to process because Felix tended to talk pretty fast when he was excited. So, Chan had dated someone from his house who'd cheated on him and now he had sworn off all men?

"That's the reason he hates me?" Minho muttered to himself.

"What?" Felix asked. Minho looked at him, fearing that he might have caught on.

"It's nothing..." he said and got up again. Felix looked even more confused now.

"Where are you going?" he questioned.

"Nowhere," Minho replied. He went to climb through the portrait hole again, earning himself a snarky comment from the Fat Lady to "make up his damn mind", but he ignored her.

He knew that the Slytherin Quidditch team was almost done with practice so he waited in the entrance hall until he saw his own figure come in with his broomstick in his hand. Chan looked tired. When he spotted Minho, his face hardened.

"What do you want? Are you done destroying my reputation?" he snapped. Minho looked down at the floor. He hadn't considered that his actions could actually bother Chan, but after finding out about his past, he understood why he would be mad.

"I'm sorry," he said, looking up at the other again. Chan looked surprised, to say the least. He probably wouldn't have expected Minho to apologize. The surprise didn't last long, though. He started looking pissed again and walked past Minho in the direction of the staircase that would lead down to the dungeons and the Slytherin common room. Halfway down the stairs he turned around again.

"How can you live like that? Not giving a about other people's feelings?" Chan didn't give Minho a chance to answer or even just to think about it before he continued his way to the common room, leaving the younger behind.

Minho had never felt like before, mainly because he really didn't give much of a damn about anyone but his friends and himself, but there was a first time for everything. Chan had every right to be pissed at him. He'd been way out of line.

The least he could do was to figure out a way to make it up to him.

~

Chan returned to the Slytherin common room, ready to just do some late-night studying before going to bed. He went to get his (or rather Minho's) book bag before sitting down on one of the green couches of the dimly lit common room. He felt a few glances of other Slytherin boys on him and he'd be lying if he said that he didn't feel at least a little exposed, even though he was in a different body. He wasn't a stranger to people trying to flirt with him, but he'd made it pretty clear to most of them that he wasn't interested.

Minho was like his polar opposite, though. He casually dated and hooked up with so many people. Chan was met with lots of confusion when he'd started turning people down in Minho's body. He had also encountered three heartbroken ex-one-night stands, or whatever the they were, who had tried to curse him for dumping them. In short, he hated being Minho because the guy was everything he despised in a man.

Sure, he was attractive (there was no denying that) and Chan had admitted to himself and to Felix that he'd had a tiny crush on him before but all that flew out of the window when Minho began to act like a hoe. After what had happened between him and his ex, Chan never wanted anything to do with guys like him again. Somewhere along the way, these feelings had turned into not wanting to have anything to do with guys in general. He still found Minho attractive, but he had dignity, unlike all those thirsty people who practically threw themselves at him.

"Hey, dude," a voice ripped Chan from his thoughts. Hwang Hyunjin, a fifth year and one of Minho's close friends, let himself fall down on the couch next to him. Chan wasn't all that fond of Hyunjin, either, since he was very similar to Minho. However, the kid was pretty nice, so he also didn't hate him. Ever since waking up in Minho's body, he spent most of his time either alone or with Changbin, who had seemed a bit intimidating at first but had turned out to be a cinnamon roll with a huge crush on Felix.

"Hey..." Chan replied. Hyunjin grinned at him.

"Guess who I went out with tonight," he said. Chan just shrugged, not in the mood to talk about this kid's latest conquest. "Na Jaemin," Hyunjin said. "You know; that cute Gryffindor from my year," he added when the older gave him a blank stare. Chan knew who Na Jaemin was, alright. He was on his Quidditch team as a fellow Chaser. "He and I kinda talked after that last Quidditch game and –"

"I don't want to hear it. Just leave him alone, will you?! He's still suffering from the recent death of his owl! He doesn't need you to mess his life up," Chan snapped and jumped up from his seat. Why was every Slytherin such a scumbag?

He stormed away towards the dormitory, hoping that, if he went to bed now, he'd wake up as himself tomorrow morning. That was the only wish he'd had over the past week and it hadn't come true yet. It was beyond frustrating.

When he entered the boys' dormitory, he was met with yet another headache-inducing scumbag. His ex-boyfriend had made himself comfortable in Minho's bed. Chan stopped dead in his tracks and glared at him. "What are you doing here, you're a sixth year!" he questioned.

"What are you talking about? You were the one who asked me here the other day, did you forget?" his ex replied, looking at him like he was crazy.

"Well, I don't have time for you today or any other day. Get out of here," Chan snapped at him. The other boy got out of Minho's bed, glaring at Chan before storming out of the room.

Chan let out a heavy sigh and fell down on Minho's bed, exhausted to the brink. He couldn't believe that Minho had really asked this guy of all people here for a booty call. It fueled his anger at the Slytherin even more. Despite that, he fell asleep pretty quickly, though.

~

Minho and Felix were on their way to the Great Hall on Monday morning to have breakfast before class when the older boy heard his name.

"Minho was super weird yesterday..."

He turned his head to see two Slytherins coming up the stairs from the dungeon. One of them was the sixth year that had thrown himself at him pathetically shortly before he and Chan had switched bodies. Minho remembered that yesterday was the day they were supposed to meet up.

Felix followed Minho's gaze. He made a face and grabbed his friend's sleeve, dragging him along to the Great Hall. "Don't even pay attention to this guy, he's an ..." he said. They sat down at the Gryffindor table. Minho's eyes wandered over to the Slytherin table, looking for Chan but he didn't see him anywhere.

He figured, based on Felix' reaction, that this guy must be Chan's ex. He felt even worse than yesterday about giving in to the dude, even though he wasn't interested in him in the slightest. Some of his admirers were a little harder to shake off than others and this guy was definitely one of them.

Minho wanted nothing more than to switch back into his old body and prove Chan that he could be different. He didn't know where the sudden determination to change came from, but maybe it had something to do with how unhappy Chan looked in this current situation. Minho hadn't exactly helped with his behavior, so he wanted Chan to forgive him.

Maybe they could even become friends eventually.

"Aren't you eating?" Felix asked him. Minho finally stopped searching the Slytherin table for Chan and shook his head at the younger's question.

"I'm not hungry..." he said. Felix wasn't having it, though. He put a slice of toast on his plate and gave him an expectant look.

"Eat!" he demanded. Minho rolled his eyes but decided not to argue with Felix.

After breakfast he sat through his morning classes. He had Potions in the afternoon and that's when he saw Chan again. He had lowkey been on the lookout for him all day but hadn't spotted him once. Chan looked about as exhausted as he had yesterday.

Professor Slughorn silenced the class in order to begin with his lesson. "Now, first thing's first. Mr Bang, Mr Lee, since you didn't finish your assignment last week, you're going to have to do it today... would you two please follow me next door. I've prepared a quiet workspace for you," he said.

Minho caught Chan's annoyed expression but the Slytherin didn't feel as annoyed as he did last week. This was an actual chance for him to apologize. They both followed Professor Slughorn into a smaller room right next to the classroom, where they found a table with all the necessary ingredients and a cauldron.

"Just try not to blow up the dungeon..." Professor Slughorn told them before leaving them alone. Chan didn't look at Minho at all, instead, he just opened his potions book and read through the instructions. He fired up the cauldron and began weighing out the ingredients.

"Uh... do you, like, need help or anything?" Minho asked after a few minutes of heavy silence. Chan finally looked at him – only to glare at him.

"Please, just stay as far away from the cauldron as possible!" he said. Minho pouted but didn't argue. Chan was probably right.

"I thought about what you said," Minho spoke up again. Chan just sighed, so Minho continued: "You know... about me not giving a –"

"I know what you meant!" Chan interrupted him, sounding royally pissed.

"Right... I just wanted to tell you that you're right. It's wrong to play with other people's feelings and I shouldn't live like this. I want to change," Minho explained.

Chan gave him a surprised look. Minho could imagine that this wasn't really something Chan had expected to hear from him. Eventually, the Gryffindor shrugged, mumbling a barely audible "cool" before getting back to working on the potion.

"Listen, I'm trying to apologize!" Minho said. Chan started crushing the lacewing fly paste without bothering to answer. "What do you want me to say?" the Slytherin asked. Chan threw three measures of boomslang skin into the cauldron, still not acknowledging the other boy. "Alright, I was an . I shouldn't have... I don't know, been myself in your body?"

Minho wasn't sure if his eyes worked properly in the dimly lit dungeon, but he thought he saw Chan snicker at his lame attempt to explain himself. "Are you sure you don't need help?" he asked again.

"Mhm."

Minho raised his eyebrow. He was slowly but surely getting frustrated by the lack of response from the other boy.

Lee Minho wasn't necessarily known to solve problems rationally. So, he just decided not to. Chan had his eyes focused on the cauldron, gently stirring the blue liquid. Minho gave in to his impulse and wrapped his arms around the other boy's waist. The Gryffindor stopped dead in his tracks. Minho smirked and leaned in a little closer to whisper in his ear:

"Are you playing hard to get, right now?" He could feel Chan suppress a shudder as his lips ghosted over his pierced earlobe.

Before Chan could say anything, the door opened and Professor Slughorn came in, looking troubled. Minho put a small distance between himself and Chan. "The class is dismissed due to a minor emergency. You two can go," he told them.

"But what about our potion?" Chan questioned. Minho noticed how rosy his cheeks looked and, even if it was his own face he was looking at, he couldn't help but grin.

"Don't worry, you passed. Now go!" the professor said, making a shooing motion with his hands. Minho shrugged it off and left the room. He decided to head to the Great Hall for an early dinner, delighted to see Felix there. He walked over to his friend with a smirk on his face.

"What's gotten into you, bro?" Felix questioned, while stuffing his face with chicken.

"Nothing, I'm just in a good mood," Minho replied. He began loading food onto his plate, the pleased expression never leaving his face.

"You're certainly in a better mood than this morning," Felix stated. The older grinned and noticed Chan walk into the Great Hall, eyes following him all the way to his seat.

Felix nudged him. "You're staring," he pointed out, following his gaze. "...at Lee Minho." The older didn't miss the confused tone in Felix' voice and chuckled as Chan took a seat next to Changbin. Felix got distracted upon seeing his crush, so Minho didn't have to explain himself to him.

"You should make a move on him," he pointed out to the younger. Felix' head snapped in his direction so quickly that Minho was almost worried that he might have pulled a muscle.

"On whom," he asked, sounding absolutely scandalized and causing Minho to laugh.

"On Changbin, you dork. You like him, don't you?"

"I don't..." Felix mumbled, blushing.

"Sweetie, you clearly like him. And I feel like he likes you, too. He's staring at you right now," Minho pointed out. Felix's head whipped around in Changbin's direction and their eyes met, causing both of them to blush and look away. Minho just grinned, focusing his gaze back on Chan.

~

"Are you coming down with something? Your cheeks are kinda red," Hyunjin, who sat across from Changbin, pointed out when Chan joined them at the Slytherin table. Chan just shook his head and hid his face behind a glass of orange juice. "No way... are you blushing?" Hyunjin questioned, an amused grin spreading on his face.

"I'm not..." Chan argued. Changbin chuckled.

"I don't think I've ever seen you blush before," he said.

"I'm not blushing, for 's sake!" he insisted. The other two just laughed at him.

Okay, maybe he was blushing.

The moment he had with Minho in the dungeon was still fresh on his mind. Was he just playing around again? Or had he actually meant it when he said that he wanted to change? Why did he have to be so damn charming, even when he wasn't in his own body? Most importantly, should he give Minho a chance to prove himself?

Changbin nudged him. "Bang Chan is looking at you," he pointed out. Chan sneaked a glance in the direction of the Gryffindor table.

"And?" he finally said, pretending not to think about what the other had said to him before Professor Slughorn had saved him from further embarrassment.

Hyunjin chuckled. "There you go again with the blushing. Do you have the hots for captain Bang?" he teased. Chan wanted to slap the smirk right off his face.

"Of course, not," he replied bitterly. He rose from his seat. "I have homework to do," he announced before he all but fled to the library, ignoring Hyunjin's "What the , you never do homework!"

~

The following days were more than confusing for Chan. Not only did he think about Lee Minho all day, the Slytherin also appeared in a few of his dreams. At least, in his dreams he was in his own body. He hadn't seen Minho around much since that afternoon in Potions, so he was practically alone with his thoughts. To be fair, it was pretty hard to forget about someone when you were in their body. He just had to look at his reflection and he was already blushing again.

"Oh my god, why are you everywhere?!" he burst out when he was in the boys' restroom one day and caught his reflection in the mirror again. He turned towards the door to leave when he saw a second year standing in the doorway, giving him a weird look. Chan ignored him and headed to Quidditch practice.

His head definitely wasn't in the game and Minho's teammates seemed to notice that, however they chose not to call him out for it. Eventually, he approached the team captain, Daniel, asking him if he could take a break. He looked displeased that one of his star players was in such terrible shape.

"Just get some rest today, Lee. We can't have you playing against Hufflepuff like this," the captain said. Chan nodded and went to land before heading to the locker room.

He stopped in his tracks when he came in to see Minho waiting for him. The other grinned at him. "You look good in my body," he said. Chan rolled his eyes, though, he couldn't help but chuckle at the lame joke.

"Go away, I'm trying to be mad at you!" he replied. Minho snickered. "Can we talk?" Chan questioned, leaning against one of the lockers.

"Sure, that's what I came here for," Minho agreed.

"Alright, so... I've been thinking about this whole situation. I was pretty harsh on you all this time, even though we're both to blame for the potions accident. Also, I shouldn't really criticize the way you choose to live your life," the Gryffindor began.

"No, you were right. I mean, it's my thing what I do in my own body, but I crossed a line by acting like that in yours..." Minho retorted. "And I meant it when I said that I would try to change. If it means that you'll stop hating me," he added.

"I don't hate you," Chan said. He'd never really hated Minho, now that he thought back. His actions had just always painfully reminded him of his breakup.

"You don't?" Minho looked surprised by Chan's answer.

"Why is it so important to you what I think about you?" the Gryffindor asked. Minho chuckled and looked at his feet, actually looking a little bit flustered.

"I don't know... maybe your opinion just matters to me," he said after a few seconds. "And, of course, us getting along means that we get our own bodies back," he added.

Chan laughed. "Right... so... we cool?" he asked.

Minho grinned at him. "Yeah, we cool," he answered. They stayed quiet for a few seconds, waiting for their bodies to switch back.

But nothing happened.

"Um... why am I still you?" Chan asked, glancing down at himself in Minho's green Slytherin Quidditch uniform.

"I don't know..." Minho replied, looking just as confused. Did they take too long to make up? Were they stuck in each other's bodies forever now?

Minho sighed. "Well... I should get back to the castle... Felix needs my help with his Astronomy homework," he said in a kind of defeated tone.

Chan furrowed his brows. "I at Astronomy," he stated. Minho chuckled.

"But I don't," he answered and left the locker room with an "anyways, see you at dinner."

~

At dinner Hyunjin sat next to Chan, shooting him a concerned look. "Are you alright? You left practice so quickly..." he asked. Chan gave him a half-smile. Hyunjin really was a nice guy. Maybe he had been a little quick to judge him.

"I'm okay. I'm just... not really feeling like myself lately," the older answered. "By the way, I'm sorry for snapping at you the other day... you know, about Jaemin. I had a long day that day..." Chan apologized. Hyunjin waved off.

"All forgotten. Jaemin is actually really nice, so we decided to stay friends," he told the older. That worked for Chan. From what he'd seen over the past one and a half weeks, Hyunjin seemed like a good friend. Jaemin was lucky.

"Where's Changbin?" he questioned, noticing that the other Slytherin wasn't around. Hyunjin shrugged.

"I don't know, but do you see Felix anywhere?" he questioned, eyes wandering over to the Gryffindor table. Chan spotted Minho sitting alone but Felix was nowhere to be seen.

"Maybe he finally made a move on him," he mumbled.

Hyunjin laughed. "Changbin? Never... he'd die of embarrassment before he could even get three words out." Chan chuckled because Felix would be exactly the same. How were those two ever supposed to hit it off when they were both too shy to even confess?

"Well, anyway, I think I'll head to bed early... captain said to get some rest..." Chan said once he'd finished his plate. Hyunjin nodded and patted his shoulder.

"Feel better," he said encouragingly. Chan smiled at him and got up, leaving the Great Hall and heading to the Slytherin common room.

He was wondering why he and Minho hadn't switched back bodies earlier. What else did it take, other than the two of them making up? Was them being sort of friends not enough? Did they have to be... more? Chan felt his cheeks heat up when he accidently let his mind slip a little bit too far. There was no way, Minho was even interested in him like that. He'd said he wanted to change because he cared about Chan's opinion, but that didn't necessarily have to mean that he wanted to date him!

Chan entered the common room, still blushing at the images that popped up in his head, caused by his ridiculous thoughts. Maybe his crush on Minho from a while ago wasn't as dead as he thought it was...

~

Minho had trouble falling asleep that night. His mind was running wild. He had finally talked things out with Chan, and they were still in each other's bodies. Maybe he should have been bolder. Or maybe he should be bolder tomorrow...

But was Chan even interested in him like that? Minho furrowed his brows. Since when was he unconfident when it came to making someone fall for him? He exhaled.

It was somehow different with Chan. At first, he had just been curious as to why the Gryffindor hated him so much, then he'd found out about his past which made him want to be a better person... for Chan.

Minho wasn't used to being genuinely interested in someone but it seemed like Bang Chan was special.

Eventually, he did drift off into a dreamless sleep. At this point, he was just too tired to rack his brain over the issue any further. He could talk to Chan tomorrow and they could work on figuring out how to switch their bodies back...

~

Minho woke up the next morning, feeling dizzy. He barely opened his eyes as he crawled out of bed and grabbed his things to go and wash up, not taking in his surroundings at all. When he reached the bathroom, he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, before looking into the mirror.

He jumped in surprise when he saw not Bang Chan's but his own reflection looking back at him. Minho was back in his own body! He was finally himself again! He was suddenly wide awake, rushing to get ready before all but storming to the Great Hall to find Chan. The Gryffindor was about to head to his table to join Felix when Minho caught up with him.

"Captain Bang," he called out. Chan turned around at the sound of his name. He grinned at Minho who didn't hesitate long before pulling the other into a hug. A few surprised gasps were heard from around them, since it was a well-spread fact that Bang Chan and Lee Minho didn't like each other.

Eventually, they pulled apart, their arms still around each other. Minho was just about to say something, but Chan beat him to it by leaning in and pressing his lips onto his. Minho was sure that that resulted in even more surprised gasps, but he didn't pay attention to anyone else but Chan; his soft lips, his hands playing with a few strands of Minho's hair.

Minho had kissed many people but he'd never felt quite like this.

Someone cleared their throat behind Chan and the two of them pulled apart, only now remembering that they weren't alone. Felix stood there, his arms crossed over his chest. Minho looked around, noticing that almost all the eyes in the Great Hall were on them. Chan blushed, obviously surprised by what he had just done. Minho couldn't say that he wasn't surprised as well, though. He'd thought about being bold with Chan but the Gryffindor had been faster.

"Care to explain yourself?" Felix questioned. Chan gave him a sheepish look.

"I'll explain later," he told the younger. Felix raised his eyebrows, seemingly not happy with that answer. Before he could retort anything, though. Hyunjin and Changbin walked over.

"Bow down to the kings of PDA, I hope someone covered Jeongin's eyes!" Hyunjin exclaimed teasingly. Minho chuckled at his friend, noticing that Felix and Changbin both had a slightly pink tint on their cheeks. They weren't usually this close to each other, Minho figured.

"So, since when are you two so cozy with each other?" Hyunjin questioned, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

"Since we were inside each other's bodies," Minho answered, only to realize how that must have sounded. Felix' eyes widened, Changbin even averted his gaze from the younger Gryffindor to stare back at Minho and even Hyunjin was left speechless.

Chan, whose face had become beet red by now, waved his hands frantically. "Not like that!" he exclaimed. "Okay, let's not discuss this here..." he added, grabbing Minho's Slytherin tie and dragging him along, out of the Great Hall, through the entrance hall and into the courtyard. Their friends were still confused but followed them nonetheless.

Once they had all gathered by a stone bench, which Changbin and Felix sat on at the same time, before blushing like two tomatoes due to their close proximity, Chan let go of Minho and searched for the right words to explain the past few days.

"Okay, so remember when we had this potions accident the other day?" Felix nodded at the older Gryffindor's question.

"When you got five-minute-amnesia and didn't recognize me!" he said.

"Right... that wasn't me..." Chan said. Felix furrowed his brows in a confused manner.

"That was me," Minho spoke up.

Hyunjin raised his hand in confusion. "Wait, wait, hold up... what are you saying?" he asked, looking from Minho to Chan and back.

"I think they're saying that they... switched bodies?" Changbin suggested. Minho and Chan nodded simultaneously.

"So, you were him... and... he was you?!" Felix asked Chan.

"Exactly," the older agreed.

"And that's why you were suddenly acting like a hoe?"

"Hey!" Minho intercepted.

"Sorry..." Felix mumbled.

Hyunjin looked at Chan with a raised eyebrow. "That means you were the one who got hit with the bludger," he stated and Chan nodded.

"Basically, the only way for us to change back into our old bodies was to get along," Minho explained when he noticed that Felix was going to ask another question about him being Chan. Hyunjin smirked.

"You sure do get along", he teased.

"But how the did you switch bodies?!" Felix suddenly asked. He still looked beyond confused. Hyunjin just laughed. Chan and Minho exchanged a look.

"Doesn't matter. We're fully back to normal now," Chan said, ruffling Felix' hair.

Maybe they weren't completely back to normal, considering they didn't hate each other anymore, Minho thought. He definitely didn't complain, though. His thoughts wandered back to their kiss in the Great Hall and his face broke into a sheepish grin. It seemed like that potions accident was the best thing that could have happened to him.

~

"So, how does it feel to officially be off the market?" Hyunjin asked Minho one evening a few days later when they were just hanging out in the Slytherin common room. Minho grinned. He'd officially asked Bang Chan to be his boyfriend two days ago and despite all the teasing he'd had to endure from his friends, it had been the best 48 hours of his life.

"It's nice. You should try it, too," Minho advised.

Hyunjin chuckled. "Nah, I'm still young so I have to live life to the fullest until I turn into a softie like you. If you wanna play cupid, try setting up Changbin and Felix," the younger said. Minho slightly hit his friend's arm for the softie comment but actually started contemplating the idea.

Felix and Changbin's crushes on each other were painfully obvious to anyone but them. Something needed to be done there. But Minho decided to enjoy his own relationship for a little while longer before he interfered with theirs.

~

"There's a reason you're not a Chaser," Chan laughed at Minho when he dropped the Quaffle for the nth time that afternoon. The two of them were practicing some Quidditch by themselves, mostly playing with the Quaffle, though. Minho pouted.

"That's only because I don't want to be one..." he said. Chan laughed and flew over to him.

"Sure...and I'm actually the world's best Beater," he teased his boyfriend. Minho grinned.

"I'll beat your if you don't stop teasing me," he fake-threatened. Chan only stuck his tongue out at him and flew away on his broomstick.

"Catch me if you can," he shouted. Minho shook his head fondly before he flew after Chan, trying to somehow catch up with him.

They chased each other around on their broomsticks for a while before softly crash-landing in the grass. Minho crawled on top of Chan and their eyes met. The Gryffindor's gaze wandered to his lips. Minho smirked, leaning in to let his mouth ghost over Chan's just barely depriving him of what he wanted.

Eventually, Chan had enough of the Slytherin's games and s his arms around his neck to pull him down for a kiss. Minho didn't waste any more time, slipping his tongue inside his boyfriend's mouth as Chan's hands ran through his hair. The kiss slowly but surely turned a little too steamy for the outdoors and their need for air kicked in eventually, so they pulled apart, faces still only inches from each other.

"Excuse me!" a voice spoke up from a few feet away. Minho got up and pulled Chan too his feet. The Hufflepuff Quidditch team captain, Lee Minhyuk, looked at them in dismay. "Could you two get a room. My team needs to practice," he scolded them.

"Sorry, we were just leaving," he apologized before snatching his and Minho's broomsticks off the floor.

Minho grinned when he took his broomstick and noticed his boyfriend's flustered expression. He laced their hands together and began dragging him off the field.

"Have a good practice," he said to the still displeased looking Hufflepuff captain. He smiled at their Seeker, Jeongin, in passing before leaving the field and entering the locker rooms with his still red boyfriend.

"You're cute when you blush, captain Bang," he . Chan slightly hit his chest.

"Shut up..." he muttered embarrassedly. They changed back into their uniforms and made their way back to the castle.

Minho reached for Chan's hand, lacing their fingers together. He didn't miss the faint blush tinting the older's cheeks again.

Damn, Minho thought, he could really get used to this relationship thing.