Part 8

The Red String of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    

Some men dressed like Joseon palace soldiers were lined up neatly in the yard of palace. Each of them has held a bow in their hand.

Hyoyeon really doesn't understand what she is seeing now. What happened exactly? How can she be in a place like this?

Until some soldiers came with dragging a woman. That woman's eyes were covered with cloth and her hands were tightly bound.

That woman was placed right in the middle of the soldiers who surrounded her. She stood there with her eyes closed.

"Quickly prepare your arrows!" One of the soldiers shouted at the other.

Hyoyeon shook her head. Don't say... they are going to kill her?

"I'm going to start counting. You all get ready! "

 "One…"

Hyoyeon couldn't stay standing here. She ran and stopped in front of that woman, facing the soldier. "No, stop it now! Turn down your arrow! Don't kill her!"

But nothing happened. The soldier didn't see her presence at all.

"Two…"

"I said you can't just kill someone! Stop it now! "

"Thr—"

"Stop all of you!" The soldiers immediately lowered their arrows when the sound was heard. Hyoyeon turned and saw a man dressed as a Prince coming towards her. However, quickly some palace soldiers blocked the Prince's steps by holding his body.

"Let me go! This is an order! Do you all want to be punished?!" The prince yelled loudly. He tried to escape, but nothing. The more he struggled, the more soldiers tried to hold his body.

"Forgive us, Your Highness. But this is an order from the King," said one of the soldiers.

The Prince didn't stop trying to escape from the soldiers. Even when he cried and begged them, the soldier still didn't want to release the Prince.

"Prepare your arrows now!" said the one of the soldiers.

"I said stop it! Don't shot her! Don't shot my wife !!! "

"Ready!"

Hyoyeon couldn't breath. She really couldn't think anything now. But her body remained standing there, trying to block their actions. Even though her presence is invisible to them.

"Shot now!!"

Hyoyeon closed her eyes.

Shot! Shot! Shot!

Dozens of arrows immediately shooted by the soldiers. Hyoyeon opened her eyes slowly and saw that there was not a single arrow attached to her body, but right on the ground where she was stepping on it, there was heavy blood flowing. Hyoyeon turned and saw that that woman's body had fallen to the ground. 

"Hyoyeon!"

Hyoyeon turned toward the voice. The Prince ran fast toward her when the soldiers had now released their block. Hyoyeon really don't understand what's going on? Why did the Prince call her?

Until she understood when she saw the Prince crying with that woman's head in his lap.

"Please don't go... Don't leave me alone... Please, Kim Hyoyeon..."

So that woman has the same name with her.

That woman tried to smile then wiped the Prince's tears. "I'm sorry. I'm really a bad wife for you. Forget me, Jongin. My mistake is too big for you. Live happily," she said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter