Part 2

The Red String of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6 years later ...

A smile carved beautifully on Eun-Gi's face when she saw Hyoyeon playing in her yard. Her little girl, Hyoyeon, seemed to smile happily played with her favorite cat. Although in her heart, no one knew that during this time Eun-Gi harbored her own sad feelings.

Every second of her life, she never stopped hoping that Hwon would coming for them. But 6 years passed, none of the news about her husband. Is he alright there?

Until her tears drip. Hyoyeon who saw Eun-Gi crying immediately ran towards her Eomma.

"Eomma, are you crying? Please don't cry, I'm here for you, " said Hyoyeon.

Eun-Gi smiled when heard Hyoyeon's sentence. She wiped away her tears and softly Hyoyeon's face. "Thank you, honey, because you  always here for Eomma. Eomma loves Hyoyeon. "

"I love you too, Eomma," said Hyoyeon before she hugged Eun-Gi.

***

Elsewhere, The king of Joseon is looking towards his son, Kim Jongin, who is currently 6 years old. His son is busy playing with his cousin. The king smiled and turned to look at his wife who was absorbed in embroidery.

"I know I am very beautiful, but can you stop smiling like crazy," said his wife who is still focusing on embroidering one by one thread into flowers shape.

The king sighed and then looked back at his son. "I feel grateful that I can still see you and Jongin now."

"What do you mean?" asked his wife, Ga-in.

The king shook his head. His mind still remembered the incident 6 years ago, when he got a letter from the advisor of palace, Jungha, a letter from Hwon who planned to kill him. He imagined if there were no Jungha telling him, maybe he couldn't see his wife's beautiful face again or the handsome face of his son.

"It is okay. It's just that seeing you and Jongin really makes me happy."

Ga-in smiled when she heard that. "I'm also grateful to see you always smile like this," she said, then kissed her husband's cheek. "You look really handsome when you smile like this. I hope you are always like this, " she continued.

Soo-Hyun, The king, smiled softly at his wife's words before turning back to his son. Until suddenly Jongin approached him, "Abeoji, my ball fell outside the fence. I want to take it first, "

Soo-Hyun nodded at this son. "Just take it."

***

Eun-Gi finally decided to buy some vegetables for dinner later. She rarely goes to the market. It's usually Nam-Hye who bought it, but since Nam-Hye separated from her, Eun-Gi is now taking on her duties. Although every time she leaves, Eun-Gi also has to take Hyoyeon because her little girl can't possibly alone in their home. Eun-Gi was very worried when leaving Hyoyeon at ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter