Part 7

The Red String of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyoyeon arrived at her house at eleven at night. After all her work was done including washing the dishes and cleaning the party room, she decided to go home. Hyoyeon opened the door of her house. Dark and quiet. Is So-Hyun not home yet? Usually her sister was already at home at this hour. But where is she?

Until Hyoyeon saw a small note on the dining table. It says, ‘I'm out to buy something. I have cooked a warm soup for you."

Hyoyeon smiled. How sweet So-Hyun is! Her gaze turned to the warm bowl next to the note. But if So-Hyun usually does something nice to her like this, there is must something she wants. What it is? But never mind, Hyoyeon is hungry now. She took the soup and ate it with rice.

Finished eating, suddenly the door opened. So-Hyun smiled when she saw that her unni is home. So-Hyun showed a plastic basket that she holding to her

"What did you buy?" asked Hyoyeon.

"Bread. But calm down, I didn't buy it, but it was given to me."

"Given? Who gave to you?"

"A woman who was pickpocketing and I helped her from it." answered So-Hyun, making Hyoyeon saw at her sharply.

"Yak! Really, So-Hyun, why did you that?! What if he even hurts you? You know you should be sleeping now, instead of went outside and becoming a superhero!"

Hyoyeon regretted her words when she saw So-Hyun wiping her tears and squeezing the plastic bread in her hand.

"So-Hyun, I'm sorr—" Her words stopped when So-Hyun put the plastic on the table and went to her room without saying anything to her.

Hyoyeon sighed. She should never have scolded So-Hyun, but her anxiety seemed to make her put out a sentence like that. Hyoyeon decided to  clean the cutlery and put the bread in the refrigerator, before catching up with So-Hyun to apologize to her. Yes, she certainly won't be able to sleep well if So-Hyun still angry to her.

***

Hyoyeon slowly opened So-Hyun's room door. Her room was never locked. Hyoyeon saw her sister lying on the bed while hugging her bolster tightly.

Hyoyeon walked and sat next to So-Hyun while her sister's hair gently. "So-Hyun, I'm sorry. I really regret it. You know, I'm very worried about you and I don't want anything bad happen to you. You were right before, we must helping each other. But please next time, don't make me worry again, promise?"

So-Hyun opened her eyes. Yes, she pretended to be asleep and she heard her sister's words earlier. She looked at Hyoyeon and said, "I will receive your apologize for one condition. Please tell me more about that story of the book."

Hyoyeon smiled and sighed. "Alright, I'll tell you. But you also have to promise to me, don't ever make me worry again, promise? "

"Promise."

Hyoyeon then took the book in her room and sat on the bed beside So-Hyun. And then begin to continue the story of the book.

***

JOSEON 

12 years later…

The man has now grown into a manly and handsome man who is respected by all his people, Kim Jongin, the prince. In fact, not a few who mention that Jongin is a figure of a prince who is really perfect, smart, handsome, and loved by his people.

Not a few girls in the village expect to be his wife. But everybody know, that it was only in a dream, when there were rumors that the king had already been set up the prince's marr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter