chapter two

YOU MAY KISS THE BRIDE
CHAPTER two
Eden Hall, June 2020

                                                     cRCApDH.pngqmTcdiP.pngZvKwe5T.png

The next day, Moyeon wasn't surprised to find Kiseok still snoring lightly beside her even though the time read 6:34am. It took Hyemin an extra hour to sleep last night because she got excited her father finally came back from the big commotion of Soojin going into labor. Also she was really excited at the idea of another child in Eden Hall. Kiseok would have gladly, let Hyemin stay up all night and play with her if only Moyeon's glares weren't enough to make him break into a cold sweat. Kiseok was fully aware Moyeon did all of this in consideration for their child though which was why he obliged.

Moyeon decided against her urge to kick him awake since it was honestly too early for this. Instead, Moyeon tapped Kiseok lightly which did the trick. Kiseok stirred from his sleep, smiling at Moyeon as he caressed her face. He attempted to pull her into his embrace for a morning cuddle but she was clearly not having it.

"What time is it?" Kiseok asked as he sat up in bed, rubbing his tired eyes. The only reason Moyeon would be so no-nonsense this morning can only mean they were running late. 

"6:35, go brush up. I'll get Hyemin ready." Moyeon left for Hyemin's room. shaking Hyemin lightly to wake her up. Moyeon broke out into a fond smile when Hyemin replicated her father's exact morning actions, peering up at her with a bright smile and arms stretched out. Moyeon took Hyemin in her arms, giving the little one a big hug before carrying her into the bathroom. Moyeon helped Hyemin tie her hair into a braided ponytail while she was brushing her teeth, picked out a chic white dress after they left the bathroom, then the two ladies walked into the kitchen hand in hand. 

Kiseok who was finished with his morning routine was already making breakfast for his two favorite girls. By 7:10am, the three were eating breakfast at the dinner table like they always do. Today's topic of interest was none other than Soojin and her baby.

"You guys really should've seen the terrified look on Yoonjae's face yesterday. People would've thought he ran into a big and scary wolf." Kiseok joked and growled lightly at Hyemin like a 'big and scary wolf', earning a hearty laugh from Hyemin and Moyeon. 

"Then I'm sure you too looked like the piglet when he well, sees the big and scary wolf." Moyeon commented, causing Hyemin to burst into a bigger laughter at Moyeon's jab, almost spitting out the scrambled eggs in .

"3 little piglets! Appa is one, Uncle Kiseok is one, who is the third piglet?" Hyemin questioned lightly. Kiseok was already standing since he finished his breakfast, swooping Hyemin into his arms.

"You are!" Kiseok joked while he tried to push Hyemin's nose up into a pig snout, making oink oink sounds.

"Hey don't swing her around, she just ae. She's going to throw up like that," with Moyeon's stern voice, Kiseok put Hyemin back down. 

It was 7:41am now so Kiseok and Hyemin left for the day while Moyeon stayed behind to clean everything up before showering. By 8:45am, Moyeon was done getting ready for work, returning right back on schedule. She took some time to double check she didn't leave any dishes unwashed and rested on the couch for a little while she read some news on her phone. Like all other days, Moyeon was out the door by 9am, arriving at her workplace around 9:40am, opening the gates to the shop, double checking inventory, adjusting the display shelves so that they were up to her standard of neat and presentable. And at 10:30, Moyeon was ready her work day to start. Lotte Mall's Yves Saint Lauren's business retail manager, Mora, has clocked in for the day. 



                                                                       b29c158f4e7f7b757d6ed3779bb34613.jpg

"Seriously, you're unbelievable," Hyerin grumbled. She wasn't sure how many times she tried to get Wooseok's insanely long arms wrapped around her small frame away from her. But her husband was clearly not having any of it, even if it meant the both of them were going to be late for work. The one day Wooseok was allowed to go in for work late and this was the he pulls. Typical. Also as if it didn't take ten minutes of grumbling and 3 snooze buttons to get Hyerin finally ready to leave the bed.

"Didn't you say your informatives were going to show up before class to tell you all the details about the whole confession horror story?" Hyerin tried to mention something that would peak his interest - which gossip always does, cueing Wooseok springing upright and scrambling out of bed. 

"Last one to the bathroom does the dishes tonight!" Wooseok bellowed as soon as his foot touched the floor. He laughed victoriously when he reached the bathroom before Hyerin, to no one's surpise. "Have fun washing dishes tonight," Wooseok went as far as wiggling his body around - what Hyerin would describe it as anyways. If you ask Wooseok though, it was dancing that can score all the ladies in the club. Hyerin was two seconds too late when she threw a pillow squarely at Wooseok's face because all it did was touch the now closd bathroom door.

Hyerin immediately scrambled for the bathroom, "Wooseok!! Open the door! I'm going to be late if I don't wash up now!!" Hyerin mentally cursed herself for agreeing to have double sinks. Why? Because her husband was being ridiculously cute talking about how awesome it would be for them to get ready side by side in the morning. So much for that now. Hyerin heard Wooseok laugh, then choke on the toothpaste, and knew Wooseok didn't plan to open the door. So Hyerin went to set breakfast up. 

Since Wooseok wanted to play so much games, Hyerin decided to give him a little surprise. By the time Wooseok came out of the bathroom, Hyerin had just taken her work outfit from the wardrobe and laid it on the bed. Wooseok grabbed Hyerin, lifting her up to plant a quick kiss on her cheeks - because morning breath. The little wriggle Hyerin did with her legs when she was lifted into the air still makes Wooseok gush. His wife is too damn cute. 

Hyerin was just glad Wooseok doesn't have many late starting days like today. She's not sure how she can handle this every morning when she has to get ready for work. How her husband has so much energy in the morning is beyond her.

Wooseok was waiting at the dinner table when Hyerin finished with her morning routine, ready to take a big bite into the toast sandwich Hyerin made - before the girl was even able to settle down in her seat. A part of her wanted to actually replace Wooseok's sandwich but he was too fast. Wooseok spat out the sandwich as soon as a burning sensation touched his tongue. Wooseok looked up at Hyerin with pure error. He never had high spice tolerance. Hyerin immediately looked up from her phone that was recording the whole thing, her laughter loud and clear in the video. She stopped the record button then got up to grab a cup of milk and his actual breakfast - hidden in the microwave. Wooseok downed the cup of milk as fast as you'd imagine, then opened the sandwich to check there was no more hot sauce.

"That was for cheating this morning but I will do the dishes since a loss is a loss," Hyerin pat Wooseok's head gently since he still looked betrayed by her antics. The rest of breakfast calmed down, the two joking about the confession fiasco that happened at Wooseok's school. Hyerin placed her bets on the girl getting the guy she confessed to while Wooseok was rooting for the student who planned the whole grand confession. Wooseok was still late for work but the principal let it go because Wooseok looked lovestruck talking about his wife this morning and her shenanigans. Also because he was seldomly late.


                                                                       HJuMpUe.png#kai icons from kokobop

Ryuwon felt around the bed hoping to feel Kijoon's prsense there. She was disappointed but this wouldn't have been the first time. The damn airplanes and their delays. Ryuwon dragged herself out of bed to get ready, heading to her usual cafe. This cafe was her go-to when Kijoon is not around, which meant most of the year. Ryuwon frowned lightly, the ten minute facetime call they had while Soojin was mid-labor last night really did not help her missing him. 

Ryuwon bumped into Wooseok and Hyerin running out of their apartment Wooseok making funny faces at Hyerin while she laughed an wacked him playfully then chased him when he messed her hair up a little. Ryuwon wanted to greet them but the lovebirds were too into their own little world to notice anything else. 

Ryuwon sighed. Seeing them definitely did not help ease her longing to see Kijoon even more. What's worse was when she reached the entrance of Eden Hall to see Wooseok and Hyerin still frolicking. Wooseok was fixing Hyerin's hair with a beloved smile on his face while Hyerin again wacked him lightly for his shenanigans. 

"Good Morning lovebirds. Aren't you guys going to be late for work?" Ryuwon interrupted because she really did not want to stand at the door for another minute watching those two be all lovey dovey. Ryuwon wasn't jealous, she was just being honest. All three of them would be running late if Hyerin and Wooseok stood around and blocked the door any longer.

Once Ryuwon finally got to her favorite cafe and got her order, she set it out on the table nicely with the recent magazine she was checking out. She uploaded it to instagram and sent it to Kijoon on Line as well. She expected Kijoon to reply with something funny or stupid but she didn't expect for him to snap a picture of her sitting at that very table taking at the cafe being on the phone. 

Ryuwon looked around the cafe, based off the direction the photo was taken, grinning from ear to ear when she spotted Kijoon across the street holding a bouquet of flowers. Kijoon ran up to Ryuwon with his luggage in tow, Ryuwon got up from her seat and hugged him excitedly.

"I was wondering if I would get the chance to see you today." Ryuwon whined as she spoke.

"You missed this handsome face too much huh?" Ryuwon nodded sarcastically before staring at Kijoon with a smile. Kijoon asked a quick what but Ryuwon just pulled his head down by his tie for a deep kiss. Her lipstick was smeared all over both their lips after the quick make out session, which only ended because a mother reacted negatively to it.

"There are kids in the streets!" was the woman's reprimanding as she pulled her little kid away. Ryuwon would usually take that personally but today, she just felt happy. And if someone wanted to yell at her for her skinship with her husband, they can stay mad. Because she sure as hell ain't going to pay them any attention whatsoever. Being in love sure feels great.


                                                                       tumblr_pac4mqiYST1w184d4o3_250.pngtumblr_pafpe8AIWp1x6lzrbo5_250.png

Soojin woke up when she heard someone sobbing softly. Imagine the shock on her face when it was Yoonjae holding their newborn son. Soojin laid in bed just watching the interaction. Yoonjae would shed some tears, admire the baby, kiss his face, then return to crying and the cycle continued. Soojin didn't even realize she was crying alongside Yoonjae until Yoonjae felt someone's stares and got alarmed at the tears running down Soojin's face.

"Whats wrong?!?! Are you in pain? Should I call the doctor???? Actually we do have to call the doctor either way." Yoonjae sprung up from the seat but struggled for his next step - because he really did not want to put his son back into the crib jus yet. What if the crib was too hard for the baby? But the hospital hallways would be too loud for the child. But his wife-

Soojin laughed when she saw the panic on Yoonjae's face again. Because for as long as she had known her husband, a cop, he was never this panicky. Even yesterday was a sight. She still remembers his distraught expressoin at seeing her in pain as if he was the one going through the labor. The last two days confirmed for Soojin that Yoonjae does indeed love her, and now the child, no matter how she looked, and that caused more tears to roll down Soojin's face.

"Okay, I'll call the doctor right now! Hang in there Soojin-ah, I'll be right back. Here, hold our baby in the meantime. It took you a lot of effort to give birth to him and I want to say thank you for everything you've been through to bring him into this world." Yoonjae kissed Soojin really quickly, wiped away some tears, then ran into the hallway.

The way he was frantically searching for the doctor made it seem like Soojin was in a dire situation, the nurses and doctor all scurrying into her room. When they saw the mother smiling and playing with the baby, they all visibly relaxed, letting out a big sigh. They know it's not Yoonjae's fault to be frantic but honestly. Some of these first time fathers really have to chill. If all the fathers were like Yoonjae when their partners gave birth, the nurses and doctors would never be able to take a breather.

The doctor did the post labor checkup on Soojin, letting her know to be careful for a while and try not to move around too much. Yoonjae listened intently while Soojin nodded a bit and went back to playing with their son's little finger. The doctor let them know Soojin could be discharged the following day if she was okay walking. Yoonjae wanted to Soojin to stay an extra day so that she can rest properly but all the ruckus and noise in the hospital was making it hard for Soojin to rest properly.

"Oh, and before you leave, have you guys come up with a name for the baby yet?" A name? PFT. Of course they had a name. Of- Was it Nam? Minw-? Woohyun? Woojin?

Yoonjae stared at Soojin. She must remember the name they came up with. Until they realized something.

They were told the baby was going to be a girl and the only name they had decided on was................. Sarang.


                                                                       ipFnppm.jpg?1OFxt8Zt.png

There's something insanely magical about being able to wake up next to someone who gives you so much joy. Maisie figured this was what it meant to be in love, smiling adoringly at her snoozing husband. She traced his prominent features lightly - his eyebrows, then the shape of his eyes, his tall nose, and then her finger paused at his lips. Maisie would have continued to admire her man if the corner of his lips didn't start to turn up. Maisie thought about removing her hand  immediately but did it hurt to show her man some affection? Definitely not.

"How long were you awake?" Maisie inquired while her fingers returned to tracing the now smile on Sehun's face.

"The minute I felt a creep staring holes into my head. And the audacity of this ert to touch this face!"

Now was when Maisie decided she wanted to retract her hand - Sehun was being annoyingly conceited. Sehun grabbed onto her hand and put it back on his face, his smile growing bigger.

"I love it when that creep and ert is you though," Sehun looked at Maisie with that bright smile and damn, Maisie really didn't think she might get a heart attack as soon as she woke up today.

Maisie forced her hand out of Sehun's, running into the bathroom without giving Sehun another look - although she didn't mind showing her affection to her man, she really did not want him teasing her all morning because she was blushing over something he said. Maisie did not want to give him that satisfaction again. This eaerly.

"I have a listing tonight so I'll be home late." Maisie definitely heard Sehun grown from inside the bathroom and laughed. "I'll be back around 8pm if you want to have a late dinner."

"The things I would do only to have dinner with my wife. But my stomach needs to be fed on time, you know that."

"Yeah blame your stomach for your weakness."

"What do you mean? You're my only weakness. You already be giving me butterflies in my stomach. Can you imagine if I don't feed it in time? My stomach is going to revolt!" 

And there goes Maisie cringing for the first time today, not the first time this week. And most likely not the last time today.

"I'll see you when I get home tonight!" Maisie was already out the door before Sehun was able to respond when he came out of the bathroom. Sehun figured Hyerin was giving Maisie a lift to their company again but really, how lmuch longer would it take for Maisie to give him a goodbye kiss? Sehun reminded himself to definitely talk this over with Maisie when she gets back tonight.
AUTHOR'S NOTE
hello! idk who's still around but i missed this story and i missed yall, so i'm going to continue with the story. i don't plan to reopen applications but if most of the chosen apps aren't around, i'll choose again with whoever is around. sorry for the super late updates and i ask for your patience while i continue the story! hope you all had a wonderful holiday! if 2020 was rough and anyone wanna talk, feel free to reach out! in the meantime, lemme know if any of the chosen or previous applicants are still around. also if you had to choose, which one is the morning you would want to wake up to? mine is hands down hyerin x wooseok babies lmao.
 
Layout by Nydia From Finire