Jealousy (Chapter 8)

Winter, go away !
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*KRINGGG!!!! The annoying sound that came fom the phone alarm made the sleeping girl in the tent woke up from her not so peaceful sleep. It's 7.00 in morning. Bomi, the second oldest of the six girls played the role of a temporary leader when the real leader is not there to take care of the youngers. She climbed down from her top bunk bed to fix some breakfast for her high schooler sister, Namjoo.

 

She walked out of her room to go to the kitchen only to found Eunji already finished cooking some simple breakfast. "Eunji? When did you wake up?"

 

"about half an hour ago.. did I wake you up?" 

 

"no. I was going to cook breakfast"

 

"you are going to send Namjoo to school, I should at least do the cooking" said Eunji as she put the food on plates.

 

"thanks Eunji-ya"

 

"I wonder how Chorong unnie managed to cook, wake the kids up, and then send them to school all on her own"

 

"that's why she's amazing!"

 

"she is"

 

 

 

 

 

 

.....................

 

 

 

 

 

From afar, Chorong could see a familiar girl running in yellow school uniform with a calmly walking girl behind her. She smiled with an 'unbelievable' look on her face.

 

"why aren't you school?" she asked.

"I umm... I have headache" the little girl stuttered, looking cheeky.

"who are you trying to fool Namjoo-ya?" she chuckled.

"Bomi unnie, hurry up.." Namjoo tried to ignore her unnie by calling Bomi who was slightly behind.

"aigoo! really..." the older girl giggled, shaking her head.

 

"Good morning, unnie!"

"ya!! keep your voice down, this is hospital, Bbom-ah!" she mouthed quietly.

"oops, sorry! anyway, how's Hayoung?"

 

"answer me first. Why didn't send Namjoo to school? It's passed 8.00 am already" Chorong asked Bomi but glued her eyes onto Namjoo, making the girl lowered her gaze to avoid eye contact.

"Well... you know, once in a while. Right, Namjoo?? ha ha ha" Bomi laughed nervously.

Chorong can't help but to let out a small laugh. She thought the girls were cute as they keep avoiding her eyes. She was not angry, just asking out of concern. She knew that the girls are worried about Hayoung too, so it is understandable that they tend to break certain rules, or in this case of Namjoo, playing truant. "it's okay.. have you eat?"

"Yes. Eunji cooked. Sorry I didn't pack any food as I didn't know that I will come here this soon. Hehe, but we bought some breads and coffee for you" Bomi handed the food to Chorong.

"Thank you! I've been craving for something hot since last night"

"Unnie, what did the doctor say?" Namjoo sit next to Chorong on the guardian's little stretcher.

"If her temperature dropped she could've gone home by now" Chorong naturally fed a piece of bread to her sisters.

"Could... have??" Bomi asked.

"yeah, the nurse took her temp earlier, it went up by one. The next one will be taken before lunch"

"she looks calm though" said Namjoo looking at her sleeping dongsaeng.

"she just fall asleep like... two hours ago"

"what do you mean? is it her morning sleep or???" Bomi raised her eyebrow, not quite understand her unnie.

 

 

FLASHBACK (Chorong's POV)

 

Right now, all I have in mind is my maknae and my dongsaengs at home. The cold air produced by the heavy rain outside hugged me. Somehow the loud thunder and the lightning flashes did not scared me as it usually does. It only took me a few short minutes to drift off to sleep. The uncomfortable stretcher did not stop me from sleeping well. Maybe I was too tired. About a couple hour later, I was slightly awake. I heard a mumble from obviously no one but Hayoung. I tried to open my heavy eyelids from blocking my view. Looking straight at the curtains that hide us from other people to fix my vision, I get up from the 'bed'. Hayoung's sweating and mumbling something under her breath. I quickly hold her right arm, afraid if she would move violently and hurt herself, especially her right arm that was inserted with IV drip. Without giving me a sign, Hayoung suddenly let out a slightly loud voice and opened her eyes. Luckily she did not scream too loud and disturb other patients. Honestly, it was like a horror movie, where a character opened her eyes out of the blue. The thunder make the situation more dramatic. I hurriedly her chest, to make her feels better.

 

"are you okay?" I asked, now I am fully awake.

 

She smiled and nodded. I'm relieved.

 

"go back to sleep" I move 'my' stretcher closer to her bed so I can be as near to her as possible.

 

"can't... bad dreams" She said tiredly.


"just close your eyes and don't think of anything at all.. hmm?"

 

"I'll try" Hayoung closed her eyes but her left hand was searching for my hand, so I grabbed it and hold it until she look like she's asleep..... At least that was what I thought. Then I lay down again to sleep.

 

At six in the morning I wake up when I heard someone talking. It was the attending nurse, she was about to take Hayoung's temperature, and I realized that my little maknae was looking at me. The nurse told me that Hayoung was not asleep last night. I felt so dumb. So, Hayoung pretended to sleep because she do not want me to stay awake taking care of her. Probably because of that, her body temperature that was 103'F increased to 104'F. Even one change in number can cause a big difference. The nurse then swap the almost empty IV drip bottle to a new one, and I could see the look of pain on Hayoung's face when the nurse move the IV's clamp. She tried to put a tough act in front of me.

 

The rain had stopped pouring and Hayoung is sleeping again. Hopefully she's really asleep this time. I do not want what happened last night to occur again, so I decided to stay awake even though the sun only inches up, just to make sure that this kid is really sleeping. She needs plenty of rest to regain her energy. After quite a while, I went to the front desk to request for a private room considering that Hayoung won't be discharge at least until the second round of check up, which would be around lunch time. 

 

 

 

"so basically she can't sleep last night because she was afraid that she would have nightmare again.." explained Chorong to the two girls.

"why is she still here then? what about the private room?" asked Namjoo.

"still waiting.."

 

 

 

..................................

 

 

"Naeun-ah, wake up" Eunji shook the tall kid softly.

 

Opening her eyes and focusing her sight, Naeun was taken by surprised to the fact that Eunji was the one who wake her up. "Eunji unnie?"

 

"What?" Eunji giggled. She knew what was in Naeun's head.

 

"This is unusual..." Naeun smiled cheekily. "why did you wake me up?"

 

"Don't you have class today?" Eunji pulled Naeun's blanket.

 

"I'm not sure" Thanks to Eunji's action Naeun curled her body like a kitten to warm herself.

 

"What?! How can you don't know? Check it, quickly. We can go to the hospital together if you are free"

 

"Regardless, I'm thinking of skipping class today to visit Hayoung"

 

"Not you too, Naeun-ah" The older girl took a bottle of mist on the vanity table and sprayed it directly to Naeun's face whom eyes was still shut.

 

Nae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter