A Trip to 'Ghost House' (Chapter 4)

Winter, go away !
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bomi woke up the earliest that morning and went straight to the kitchen to look for something to eat. Unexpectedly, she did not find anything, not even a sandwich. "does Chorong unnie have an early schedule, today?" she asked no one but herself, because Chorong is always the one who wake up the earliest and prepared some breakfast. So she just have an apple and went to look for her unnie in her room. "wow, that's unusual for unnie to leave her bed untidy.."She headed back to kitchen and started to cook something simple for her dongsaengs. She thought that might be the right thing to do since she is the second oldest among them after Chorong. After that, she went to watch some TV programs.

 

"Good morning, unnie.." greeted Naeun.

"em? did you came out from my room?" asked Bomi.

"yeah, I slept with Namjoo last night," she said and sat with Bomi on the couch.

"what?? why?"

"why??"

"yeah.. why?"

"...."

"are you still sleeping? hahahaaa"

"i guess so hahaha"

 

The television's sound woke the light-sleeper Chorong up. She was shocked to look at the clock that showed exactly 9:00 am. "oh god, Namjoo!" she hurriedly get out of the room and went to look for Namjoo.

 

"unnie?" Bomi find it weird to see Chorong.

"I'm late Bbom-ah," she did not stop her steps when Bomi called her.

"what? I thought she went out.." she mumbled to herself "wait, did she just? was she? Hayoung's room?"

.................................

Chorong : "Namjoo, wake up, you are late for school, wake up now!" *take the blanket off from Namjoo*

Namjoo : "what? what do you mean?"

Chorong : "you are late for school, come on now!"

Namjoo : "unnie, it's weekend, remember??" *pull back the blanket*

Chorong : "arr...ahh really?" *silenced* "okay, sorry... hahahaa what's wrong with me? sorry Namjoo-yah, go back to sleep hahahaha" *Chorong walked away out of embarassement and confusion at the same time

.............................

Bomi : "unnie what happened? I checked on you earlier, you was not in your room? I thought you went out?" asked Bomi after Chorong came out from her room.

Chorong : "I slept with Hayoung last night..."

Bomi : "why did everyone have a sleeping partner last night but I don't?"

Chorong : "what do you mean everyone?"

Naeun : "I slept with Namjoo last night, unnie"

Chorong : "oh yeah, you did.. "

Bomi : "you didn't answer me yet, unnie.."

Chorong : "I guess you really don't know, then?"

Bomi : "yeah, about what?"

and so, it tooks about half an hour for Chorong to tell Bomi everything that happened last night. and of course, Bomi could not help it but to blame herself for knowing that and could not be there for both her maknae and unnie. Luckily, Naeun was smart enough to ease her by telling Chorong that Bomi had fixed the breakfast.

.............................

By noon, everyone had left the house but Chorong and Hayoung. Naeun and Namjoo went out with Bomi, since Bomi had promised them to take them out this weekend. Meanwhile, Eunji's work which was scheduled in the evening had been moved forward. Chorong just spend her time in front of the television, until she heard Hayoung's voice called for her, and turned around to see the half-asleep kid rubbing her eyes. "you're awake, come here...". Hayoung sat beside her.

 

Chorong : "how are feeling?"

Hayoung : "dizzy, a lil bit... where is everyone, unnie?"

Chorong : "Bomi went out with Naeun and Namjoo, and Eunji already left for work.." *put her hand on Hayoung's neck* "you are still hot..."

Hayoung : ".......... Bomi unnie left already? but she promised me to take me too ........"

Chorong : "let's get better first and then we can we go out together, okay? I told her to go without you, don't blame her..."

Hayoung : "sure..." Hayoung's tone clearly showed that she was not happy.

 

Chorong felt guilty to dissapoint Hayoung but she had to do so for her own good.

 

Chorong : "hey, let's eat, shall we? Bomi cooked the breakfast!" *trying to change the topic*

Hayoung : "it's okay, you eat. I'm going back to sleep" *walked to her room with a straight face*

Chorong : "arrghh Oh Hayoung is sulky now, aigooo what do I do, now.." Chorong thought as Hayoung left her. "hmm... just let her be Park Chorong~~"

 

Chorong tried to ignored the fact that Hayoung is sulky, but it did not last long, her feeling of guilt is stronger than she thought. She get up and went to Hayoung's room. Hayoung covered her body from head to toe with blanket, but it did not stopped Chorong from having a 'talk' with her, she sat down and tried to take the blanket off, but Hayoung pulled it back. Chorong sighed.

Chorong : "Hayoung-ah..."

Hayoung : "........."

Chorong : "Maknae-nim..."

Hayoung : ".........."

Chorong : "you should answer when your unnie called!" Chorong tried to use her status as the ultimate unnie to make the kid talk.

Hayoung : *sighed* "what it is?"

Chorong : *smiled* "wanna have some ice cream?"

Hayoung : "no, thanks..."

Chorong : "but you love ice cream, come on, let's eat some..."

Hayoung: "I want to sleep"

Chorong : "sleeping a lot is not good, you know...even when you are sick.."

Hayoung : "......" *take off her blanket and walk out of the room

Chorong : "where are you going?"

Hayoung : "ice cream.."

Chorong : "ice cream? okay! let's have some ice cream!! wait for me!"

 

Hayoung opened the fridge and closed it back.

"there's no ice cream, unnie" she did not sound so pleased.

"what do you mean? I just bought it yesterday..." 

"I don't know.."

"did the kids ate all?"

"anyway, I'm going back to sleep.."

"wait, at least eat breakfast, Bomi cooked for us..."

"okay then.." Frankly, Hayoung just don't want to do anything to show her unnie that she's still mad with her, but upon hearing Bomi's name and effort, she gave up and decided to let go of her ego. "but unnie, I think the breakfast just turned into lunch..."

Chorong looked at the clock and Hayoung was right, it's already lunch time. "ohmy ! you are right, and I haven't cooked yet ! aigoo... ahh.. it's okay, we should eat first, Hayoung-ah..." 

"what did Bomi unnie cooked?"

"kimchi fried rice...but it's not warm anymore, should I re-heat it?"

"it's okay, let's just eat unnie.."

"here you go.." Chorong put a plate of kimchi fried rice in front of Hayoung.

"where's yours?"

"I already ate with everyone before they left.."

"I thought you are eating with me...again.."

"there's nothing to eat anymore, that one is your portion"

"ahh.. okay, let's share it then, I can't finished this all by myself"

"aigoo, what a thoughtful kid, you care about me? hahahaa let me take a spoon.."

Hayoung just smiled after getting a praise from her respectful unnie. Chorong was glad that Hayoung aren't sulky anymore.

 

 

 

 

 

Bomi : "we are home!" Bomi greeted as she enters the house. 

Naeun : "unnie! we bought pizza for lunch..."

Chorong : "oh, welcome home, where's Namjoo though?"

Bomi : "she's helping Eunji with the groceries"

Chorong : "Eunji's home already? wow, that's fast.."

Naeun : "where's maknae?"

Chorong : "taking a shower... umm, by the way, guys, the company called and asked me to go there to sign some documents regarding those songs I wrote.."

Bomi : "do you have to go now?"

Naeun : "let's eat first, unnie"

Chorong : "nah.. I already ate Bomi's fried rice with Hayoung, you guys eat. I have to go A.S.A.P that's why I called you to come home.. to take care of maknae,"

Bomi : "yeah, sure unnie, no problem"

Chorong : "sorry, really... this is such a sudden"

Naeun : "Hayoung is our sister too, unnie, there is nothing to be sorry.."

 

 

Eunji : "we are home!"

Namjoo : "unnie, please... help....ahhh"

Naeun : "wow, that's a lot of stuff, why didn't you tell me earlier?"

Chorong : "the ice cream for Hayoung?"

Eunji : "yup, all kinds of flavour!"

Chorong : :anyway, I better get going now... bye guys.."

Namjoo : "where are going, unnie?!"

Naeun : "work, Namjoo-ya.."

Bomi : "take care unnie!"

Chorong : "ah! one more thing, I'm taking maknae to the doctor right after my work, so please get her ready, okay? I'll call you Bbom-ah"

 

 

 

Hayoung : "unnie ! Chorong unnie !"

Eunji : "what it is Hayoung-ah?"

Hayoung : "when did you come home, unnie?"

Eunji : "about half an hour ago, you sure take a long bath... why you called?"

Hayoung : "where's Chorong unnie? I need my clothes"

Eunji : "Chorong unnie left for some work.. wait here, I'll take it"

Hayoung : "I want sweatshirt, not t-shirt, unnie ! Please!!"

Eunji : "all right, all right... a minute...."

 

 

Namjoo : "unnie! Hayoungie, let's eat, the pizza aren't gonna stay warm forever!"

 

A single shout from Namjoo managed to bring everyone together, and like any other day, they will talk about this and that at the dining table, including about what happened with Hayoung last night.

 

Hayoung : "what do you mean I went rampage last night, Naeun unnie?" *dumbfounded*

Eunji : "when you screamed about someone taking you away, I thought you saw somekind of ghost, you know, urggg goosebumps all over.."

Hayoung : "I screamed?"

Naeun : "yeah, that's why I... wait.. you don't remember?"

Hayoung : "....... no idea..."

Namjoo : "wow, we were so scared last night, but you remember nothing?"

Hayoung : "I'm sorry, I don't... can someone please tell me what happened?"

Bomi : "Chorong unnie told me about it, but please, someone tell the story again.."

Naeun : *sighed* "so...when I was about to sleep......." and so Naeun became the storyteller until Eunji took over the role.

Hayoung : "wow, really? I didn't even know that Chorong unnie slept with me last night, let alone about the nightm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter