Nightmares (Chapter 3)

Winter, go away !
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Naeun who was sleeping, was woken up by a sound of someone's wailing. At first she doubted her ears, but after a few minutes, she was very shocked to heard a clear screamed.

 

"Go Away !!!!!!!"

 

It was clear to her that the voice belongs to Hayoung, she looked down from her bed, and saw Hayoung's arms and legs was moving around, as if she was chasing someone off. Naeun jump off from her bed and and sat on Hayoung's. She tried to calm her down by her dongsaeng. But the poor girl still mumbling in her sleep. Her words were inaudible to Naeun. Naeun had no choice but to take a pillow and press it on Hayoung's body to stop her from moving. With her other hand, she fixed the maknae's hair and wiped her sweat with her pyjama sleeve. Thankfully, Hayoung stopped crying. Naeun felt relieved for seconds, but Hayoung once again screamed, "UNNIE!!!" her eyes closed tight, her breathing suddenly became heavy, Naeun tried to calm her down, when a voice from behind asked "what happened?". It was their leader, who apparently was awoken by the maknae's loud scream.

 

"unnie..." Naeun looked at Chorong who walked into her room, "I don't know, maybe she's having nightmare..." Naeun get up as if signalling Chorong to sit beside Hayoung. Chorong naturally have a sit, and tapped lightly on Hayoung's cheek to wake her up. Even though Hayoung was still sleeping, her strength did not. She accidently knee-kicked Chorong from behind, making her unnie to groan. Chorong didn't mind it though, instead, she just continued to wake Hayoung up or at least stop her from draining her own energy by screaming in her night terrors. "maknae, wake up, open your eyes... it's okay, it's me.. Chorong unnie, wake up". It tooks Chorong attempted to wake her dongsaeng up, but when she does, she shocked both Naeun and Chorong. "Go !" Hayoung suddenly woke up, saying that. Chorong was tounge-tied at fisrt, but then looked deep into her maknae's eyes, mouthing "it's okay" repeatedly, while caressing her head. 

 

Hayoung who was unable to contain her fear from the dreams she had, leaked tears. "Hayoung-ah.. it's okay... why are you crying" asked Chorong, and get Hayoung to sitting position, and put her in her embraced. "I'm scared, unnie...they come..." Hayoung hid her face in Chorong's hug."Who's coming Hayoung-ah?". "to take me away..." she gave an incoherent answer. "it's okay now, love. I'm here, won't let them take you..." Chorong tried to calm her down. Chorong thought to herself, 'what kind of nightmare this kid had to scared her like this'. Hayoung's sobbing still haven't sound any better. "Naeun-ah, can you get Hayoung a glass of water, please...".

 

"breathe slowly Hayoung-ah.... please..." Chorong begged, her heart ache to see her maknae in fear. "breathe slowly..." begged Chorong until Hayoung's breathing went back to normal. Chorong was worried if Hayoung continued to breath heavily, she will get hyperventilated. Luckily Hayoung coughed from crying too much, it get her to breath normally,again. "there you go... don't be scared... I'll be here with you.."

 

When Naeun went out to get some water, she bumped into Namjoo,

"unnie, who's crying?"

"it's nothing Namjoo-yah, go back to sleep..." said Naeun, she did not want to worry the kid.

"Hayoungie's voice..." ignoring Naeun advice, she entered HaNa's room.

Naeun just let her to do so and went to the kitchen.

Namjoo entered the room and saw Hayoung being hugged by her unnie, "unnie..." she said in her half-asleep voice.

"Namjoo-yah... what aren't you sleeping?" Chorong asked.

Namjoo chose to ignore the question and sat down on the floor, asking "what's wrong with Hayoung?"

"she had a bad dream.." the older girl replied.

"unnie, water..." Naeun came back and handed the water.

"thanks... Naeun-ah...."

 

"Hayoung-ah, drink some water..." Chorong loosen her hug to get Hayoung to drink. Hayoung shook her head. "no? okay.. it's fine..." Chorong don't want to force her, afraid that she will throw tantrum. Chorong glanced at both sleepy Namjoo and Naeun who sat on the cold floor.

 

Chorong : "Naeun-ah, can you send Namjoo to her room for me? and you can sleep in my room tonight, I'll stay here with maknae... Can you?" 

Naeun : "yeah.. of course... let's go Namjoo-yah.."

Namjoo : "but I want to stay with Hayoung too,"

Chorong : "go to sleep Namjoo, it's fine... don't you trust me?" 

Namjoo : "I didn't mean that..."

Chorong : : "of course you don't, I'm just kidding, but look at your eyes.."

Naeun : "come Namjoo..."

Namjoo : "okay then.. goodnight unnie..."

Chorong smiled at her sisters before they left the room.

 

"unnie..." Hayoung called for her unnie, eyes still closed. "yeah? Hayoung-ah, what it is?" asked Chorong, did not expected a wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter