Thunder and Lightnings (Chapter 7)

Winter, go away !
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She woke up due to the silent. Adjusting her eyes for seconds so it can get used to the dark room. Turning her head to the next bed. No one. She grabbed her phone to look at the current time. 11.33 PM. It was still early for her house to get this quiet.

 

"did someone break into our house and killed everyone but me?"

"wait, they won't posibbly leave me alone and went for late supper, right?"

"am I dreaming?"

"what is wrong with my heart?"

"oh my god! I can't move. What do I do?"

"no no, I can, stop messing around with me, dear head!"

 

Heart beating faster, her head was making thousands of both good and bad reasons regarding the situation.

 

"wait! Hayoung!"

 

Namjoo had an instict that maybe something bad had happened to her maknae. She got out of her room and went to look for Hayoung in Chorong's room since the two had been sleeping together since two days ago. Upon entering her leader's room, she had this weird feeling. The light from the living room slit through the door, allowing Namjoo to see no one on the bed. Her heart beat faster and faster. Scared and anxious. The unexpected thunder and lightning made her screamed. She hugged her knees and burried her head in her own palms. Someone came and took her into the arms. It was Naeun. She was about to slep when she heard Namjoo's scream. Hurriedly, she jumped off of her bed and went to look for Namjoo who was squatting in front of Chorong's room. Naeun's sudden hug shocked Namjoo, causing the little girl to yell; afraid. 

 

"Namjoo! It's me, Naeun!! It's okay!" 

 

Namjoo lifted up her head and looked into her sister's eyes. "Unnie! I thought no one was home!! I'm scared" She pulled Naeun's neck and hid her face in her older sister's shoulder.

 

"Why would we leave you home alone? It's okay, I'm here..." Naeun released her sister from her arms and laughed.

 

"why are laughing??"

 

"hahahahaha are you crying?? because of the thunder?"

 

"no way! I'm not crying!"

 

"hahaha then what is this water coming out of your eyes?" Naeun wiped Namjoo's tears with her thumbs, still laughing.

 

"how do I know? arhhh stop laughing at me!" her face was red. She was so embarassed and had to turn her head away.

 

Naeun laughed even louder at Namjoo's obvious lie. She thought Namjoo was cute. Indeed, no one can tease Namjoo better than Naeun.

 

"anyway, Naeun unnie, where is everyone?"

 

"they went to the ER. Hayoung fainted..." the older girl stopped laughing. The scene of Hayoung blackout was played in her mind. "but she was already awake before they went out."

 

Namjoo tried not to show her emotion to Naeun. She was really shocked, but knowing that her sisters are there for Hayoung, she managed to think properly. "so, when are they coming back?"

 

"I don't know. I'm still waiting for their message."

 

"......."

 

Naeun did not know what to tell Namjoo in order to make her feels better. She knows that she's not good with words, so she decided to not say anything. She pulled Namjoo closer and messed with her hair. "should we sleep together tonight? I really need someone to keep me warm. It's raining outside. Plus, I don't want to sleep alone, I'm scared too, you know?" 

 

"on who's bed?" Namjoo smiled. She understood exactly what Naeun was trying to tell her though the older girl did not express it in direct words.

 

"definitely yours!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

Back at the hospital, Chorong and the same aged friends stopped midway before getting to Hayoung.

 

Chorong : "guys, after putting Hayoung to sleep, you can go home..."

Bomi : "what do you mean, unnie?"

Eunji : "how can we leave you two alone?"

Chorong : "I know you guys are worried about Hayoung--" 

Bomi : "we are worried about you too, unnie.. we know you are exhausted"

Chorong : "listen, there's nothing we can do even if all five of us are here.. plus, there 's only one small bed provided for the guardian.."

Eunji : "we are aware of that, but.. it doesn't have to be you.."

Chorong : "it has to be me. It's my duty as the eldest."

Bomi : "unnie..."

Choro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter