Stranger (Chapter 6)

Winter, go away !
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoo had excuse herself earlier to go to sleep since she have school tomorrow. After all, it will be midnight in less than a couple hours. The cold winter night accompanied with rain really made the high schooler sleep soundly. Her adult roommates on the other hand were enjoying their chilly night time by watching movie on Netflix along with Chorong, Naeun, and Hayoung. To be exact, Chorong was not interested in the movie, all she wanted to do was to be in her blanket on her bed, however Hayoung would not move from the couch. The youngest girl did not seem to pay attention to the movie, but rather lost in her own world, while hugging her water bottle that Eunji insisted that she should go everywhere with it all the time, so that she would always be dehydrated, even though it sound absurd to Hayoung because she cannot even stepped out of the house. 

 

"arghh Yoon Bomi! How many times are you going to watch this scene? Seriously!!" 

"Eunji-yah, we should keep this scene in our heads so whenever we are sad we can just look back at this scene and laugh!"

"I know, but this like the third time you rewind this scene, at this point we won't be able to sleep...!"

 

Chorong kept laughing at this 93-liners whom cannot stop bickering about Bomi's action. If she was so absorbed in that movie like Eunji did, she would be mad too, she thought. "Bbom-ah, let's just watch it, okay? I can't hold my eyes anymo---" Chorong's words was cut by Naeun.

 

"ya!! are you okay??" Naeun hurriedly got up from her seat and took some tissue to wipe Hayoung's hand. "unnie, Hayoungie coughed blood!"

 

"I'm okay, it's just.. *coughing hard and harder*

 

Chorong was shocked to see the tissue with red stained, "what?? why?! Hayoung-ah, are you okay???!" she tried to reach Hayoung's hand, but the younger girl ran towards the toilet as fast as her energy allowed her to. Bomi, and Eunji became dumbfounded, but followed her unnie and Naeun to the bathroom to check on Hayoung. 

 

"Hayoung-ah, let's go the hospital..." persuaded Chorong, while watching Hayoung rinsing . 

 

Hayoung shook her head repeatedly hearing the word 'hospital'. "unnie, I'm.." 

 

"YAA!!!!!" the older girls screamed at the same time when Hayoung suddenly blackout, luckily Naeun and Bomi caught her before she crashed herself onto the hard bathroom floor. 

 

"Hayoung-ah, wake up!" Eunji kneeled down and tapped her cheek. 

 

Chorong wet her hand and sprinkled some water to Hayoung's face, "wake up, please!!! Hayoung-ah!" 

 

"ohmy! Thank God!"

"arhh you worried me"

"you're awake..."

"can you see me??"

 

Hayoung opened her eyes after having a blackout for about a minute. Eyes wandering, analyzing what just happened. "unnie..."

 

"what??? what??? are you okay???" asked Bomi, helping Hayoung to sit down properly.

 

"I'm sorry..." said Hayoung, fully grasped the situation.

 

"what are you sorry for, pabo-ya??!" Chorong sounds mad at Hayoung's irrelevant apologized. "that's it, we going to the hospital!"

 

"but-"

 

"SHUT UP! Don't make any excuse!" Chorong shouted at Hayoung, making the little girl's eyes teary.

 

"unnie... why are being like this?" asked Eunji in a tremulous voice. 

 

They were taken aback by Chorong's shout. They thought that the leader would be crying over what happened, but instead she was angry. Bomi hugged Hayoung tighly and closed her ears, afraid of what Chorong might say next would hurt the girl.

 

"put her coat on, I'll be waiting in the parking lot.." Chorong walked out of the bathroom, ignoring her sisters. "be quick"

 

Naeun looked at her older sisters, asking them questions with her eyes. Eunji shook her head, giving an honest answer to Naeun, she understood the girl's unvoiced question.

 

"anyway, Hayoung-ah, let's just listen to unnie, okay?? stop crying...." Bomi calmed Hayoung down.

 

..........................................

 

Bomi : "what about Namjoo, Eunji-ya? do we wake her up?"

Eunji : "I don't know, maybe someone should stay behind?"

Naeun : "I will stay with Namjoo, unnie. After all you two can drive, and are our legal guardians, I will just be a burden if I go with you..."

Bomi : "are you sure? I know you care a lot about Hayoung, Naeun-ah.."

Naeun : "and so are you. I know the priority, unnie... It's okay,"

Eunji : "thanks Naeun-ah..."

Naeun : "no need, now go, Chorong unnie is waiting..."

Bomi : "let's go Hayoung-ah..."

Naeun : "unnie!"

Eunji : "hmm?"

Naeun : "take care."

 

 

...............................................

 

(In the parking lot)

 

With her back against the car, Chorong quietly hold back her tears. She felt bad shouting at the sick girl who just gained consciousness, but she had to do so or Hayoung would give excuses after excuses to not go to the hospital. At time like this, Chorong had no choice but to show Hayoung her scary side. She quickly wiped her eyes as she saw her three dongsaengs' figure. 

 

Eunji helped Hayoung got in the car, watching over the tall kid's head from bumping to the car's roof. Bomi sat in the passenger's seat, and when Chorong was about to enter the driver's seat, Eunji stopped her, "unnie, let me drive...". Chorong nodded. 

 

 

 

"Hayoung-ah..." Chorong tried to talk to her maknae, but Hayoung pretended not to hear it. She was still afraid of Chorong. "I'm sorry..." Chorong took Hayoung's hand to her lap. "I didn't mean to shout at you"

 

"you hate me, don't you, unnie?" 

 

Nobody expected that kind of question to come out of Hayoung's mouth. Her sisters were shocked, especially Chorong who could not believe her ears. She never thought that Hayoung would be hurt that much. "no, no! why do you say so? Hayoung-ah, look at me..."

 

"you hate me because I am a burden to you, you hate me that is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter