Appearance of a Smile (Chapter 12)

Winter, go away !
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Unnie, can we go somewhere for a holiday when I’m all better?”

 

Chorong stared at her maknae with a motherly look. “Sure. Where should we go?”

 

“Jeju-do!”

 

“All right. Get better first, and let’s plan it thoroughly, okay?”

 

“But why Jeju-do, Hayoung-ah?” Naeun asked.

 

“Hmmmmmmmm…” Hayoung thought about how to explain it to Naeun. “Actually I don’t mind where, as long as we are together!”

 

“Then let’s all together go to Namsan Tower,” Chorong teased.

 

“Aiii~ Unnie, that’s not what I meant!”

 

“You are the one who said that you don’t mind about the destination…” the leader once again teased the kid.

 

“Okay then. Namsan Tower it is.” Hayoung pouted.

 

To this, Chorong and Naeun laughed softly. Chorong patted Hayoung’s back. The three girls were walking around inside the hospital to kill some times. Naeun and Hayoung slept too much during the day that they were wide awake even though it was near midnight. Chorong simply tag along to accompany the kids. She pushed Hayoung’s IV stand during the walk. For about 40 minutes, the girls decided to go back to the room as some lights were switched off, signifying that it would be 1200 PM soon enough.

 

As they came out from the elevator and walked towards the room, they heard a very familiar voice, screaming. “That’s Eunji’s voice!” Chorong exclaimed. Hayoung and Naeun exchanged eye contact. They walked faster

 

 

 

 

………………………………………………….

 

 

 

“ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!” Eunji screamed as loud as she could when her eyes met with the eyes that was staring back at her. She palmed her face. She almost fell off of the couch. Her sudden loud voice woke Bomi up. “WHY WHY? What happened?” Bomi turn on the light and pulled up Namjoo’s blanket to cover her eyes from the brightness.

 

“Oh my god!” Eunji her own chest, her eyes was shaking.

 

Bomi went to her side and put her hand on her same aged friend’s shoulder. “Are you okay? Why were you screaming?”

 

“I thought I saw something…”

 

“S..some..something? You meant.. like.. the gho~~?” Bomi stuttered at the thought of something creepy.

 

“No. It was more like an angel, staring back at me.” Eunji said in a calm manner.

 

“What?”

 

Eunji pointed her finger to the wall in front of her.

 

Bomi slowly turned her head to see what Eunji was pointing at. She gulped. Suddenly her expression changed. “Wow. Eunji-yah. I’m speechless.” Bomi was holding back her laughter when she saw a big mirror attached onto the wall. “You were shocked because of your own reflection? That’s why you screamed?” Unable to hold it back anymore, Bomi burst into laughter, punching Eunji lightly all over. Eunji laughed along.

 

At that moment, Chorong slide open the door. She was about to ask what happened as she was worried but the sight of her two sisters who were goofing around made her puzzled. Chorong froze at the entranced.

 

“Unnie? Why?” Naeun who was slightly behind because of attending the sick maknae, asked. She peeked inside the room from Chorong’s back. Naeun’s eyebrow went up; thinking about the possible reason behind Eunji’s scream and the scene she is witnessing right now.

 

Bomi and Eunji looked at the leader and smiled foolishly. They felt embarrassed. “Where did you go, Unnie?” Both of them asked simultaneously.

 

“To get some fresh air, the kids couldn’t sleep. So why were you screaming?” Chorong answered while making her way in along with Hayoung and Naeun.

 

“Did I scream that loud?” Eunji gasped. “Well, I thought I saw something, but I was mistaken. I’m sorry…”

 

“What thing?” Hayoung questioned.

 

“Nothing Hayoung-ah. Go to sleep…” Bomi said as she noticed Hayoung’s eyes was looking so tired.

 

“Heol! I only asked though???”

 

“I will tell you tomorrow.” Bomi put Hayoung to bed for the second time that night as she wrapped that little girl in the blanket again. “Sleep now…”

 

“Goodnight Bomi unnie, goodnight everyone…”

 

“I thought you were asleep already?”

 

“Gosh! You shocked me Namjoo! I thought you were sleeping?” Eunji suffered another ‘heart attack’ when she heard Namjoo’s voice. Eunji did not expect to hear her voice because she thought Namjoo was sleeping all this time.

 

“I was, but then I heard Hayoung’s voice. I thought she was already sleeping, so I doubt my ears and woke up”

 

“Daebak! So you heard Hayoung but not Eunji’s screaming???” Bomi asked.

 

“Eunji unnie screamed? Why? Did something happen?”

 

Hayoung who was lying, sat up straight, laughing softly with Bomi, while Naeun smiled innocently.

 

Namjoo though, was still dumbfounded. She asked herself, “am I dreaming?”

 

Chorong and Eunji exchanged look. “She’s weird” Eunji mouthed. “You can say that again” the leader replied.

 

 

 

 

……………………………………………

 

 

 

 

Next day, before breakfast meals were given to patients, doctors and nurses were busy making the first round of check-up for that day. Luckily Chorong already told the girls about this last night, so to take care of their images, they woke up quiet early to tidy up the room a little bit. Eunji went out to send Namjoo to school. Naeun tag along to go home after sending Namjoo off as she needed to get ready for her class too. Bomi continued to sleep, but this time her posture was adjusted well. Chorong closed her eyes too and rested her head on Hayoung’s bed. She tried to not to drift off because she knew that the doctor would be there soon enough.

 

After waiting for a while, the doctor came with a nurse to do a last check-up on Hayoung. The sound of the sliding door woke the girls up. Chorong and Bomi immediately got on their feet and bowed down. Hayoung nodded slightly. The two older girls then moved to the left side of the bed in order not to get in the doctor’s way. The doctor, then diagnosed Hayoun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter