[gaygaygay]

"Maybe."

Sana clings to Dahyun’s sleeves like a spoiled child. “Don’t leave me! What if you die out there?!”

 

Dahyun scoffs and tugs her arm free from Sana’s grasp. She can’t help but smile at the older girl’s antics. “Stop being so dramatic. I’m not even going to be alone, Jihyo-unnie is coming with me.”

 

Sana pouts, not ready to just give in and accept that response.

 

“I’ll see you in a couple hours, okay?”

 

“Anything can happen in a couple hours!” Sana whines, trying to grab Dahyun again to make her stay.

 

“Like what?” Dahyun asks as she grabs her jacket out of the closet.

 

Sana stays quiet for about two seconds, trying to think of a convincing answer. “What if I fall madly in love with Tzuyu while you’re gone?!”

 

Dahyun rolls her eyes. “Chaeng has been dating her for two years, I think you’re a little late on that.”

 

“But then my heart will be broken!” Sana complains.

 

Dahyun looks directly at Sana. “Then get over it.”

 

Sana smirks. “The best way to get over someone is by getting under someone else…” She wiggles her eyebrows suggestively, pointing between herself and Dahyun.

 

Dahyun grabs the spray bottle filled with water that she had gotten prepared for these types of situations. She sprays Sana without thinking twice about it.

 

Sana hisses as the water hits her face.

 

“I’ll see you in a couple hours, okay?” Dahyun repeats casually like she didn’t just spray Sana with water as if Sana was a misbehaving kitten.

 

“Why did you do that?!” Sana glares at her, swiping her hands over her face to get the water off of her.

 

“Oh, this? It’s for protection.” Dahyun looks at Sana proudly, admiring how annoyed she got her.

 

No matter how annoyed, though, Sana was ready. “We don’t need protection, Dahyunnie,” she quips, trying not to be too obviously satisfied with what she just said. “I’m not a guy.”

 

Dahyun’s face reddens. She sprays Sana again.

 

Sana just laughs, putting her arms up to try and avoid the worst of it. “Oh, but you haven’t checked so maybe you should stay and-”

 

Dahyun’s eyes narrow. “What are you implying…” but then it suddenly dawns on her what Sana means and she’s spraying her down again.

 

“Okay, maybe I deserved that one,” Sana admits while laughing.

 

Dahyun sprays her again.

 

~

 

“You look like you want to ask me something?” Dahyun points out as she watches Jihyo look out the car window with a skeptical look in her face.

 

Jihyo sighs. “You and Sana aren’t dating yet, right?”

 

“No!” Dahyun answers immediately. “Not yet, not ever!”

 

“Uh huh.” Jihyo nods her head, not believing Dahyun at all. “You like her a lot, don’t you?”

 

“No, I don’t!” Dahyun says truthfully, like a liar. “I mean, she’s a great person to be around and I’m sure whoever she ends up with in the future will be made the happiest person on Earth, but that won’t be me.”

 

“...Uh huh.”

 

“I’m not saying that because she makes me a happy person!” Dahyun says quickly as she notices how accusatory Jihyo’s gaze is. “I’m only saying it because it’s the truth! Whenever she walks into a room, it’s like she’s rivaling the sun, so of course when she starts dating someone then she’ll make every day brighter for that person,” she explains. “And she’s really cute, so it’s like having a playful relationship- not that I would know, though.”

 

Jihyo sighs, feeling a headache forming. “I believe you, Dahyun-”

 

“And I’m sure her kisses make time stop and fireworks explode and everything! So that person will be really happy to have Sana in his life.”

 

Her,” Jihyo corrects, “Really happy to have Sana in her life. Sana’s gay, remember?”

 

“Hey, you can’t just out someone like that!” Dahyun says as she swats Jihyo on the arm, genuinely angry for Sana’s sake. “That’s so rude, what if she didn’t want me to know?”

 

Jihyo sighs, knowing for a fact that Sana’s been trying to subtly hint at Dahyun that she’s gay for the past two years. But Dahyun doesn’t really need to know that. “Do you like Sana?”

 

Dahyun hesitates this time. “N-no.”

 

Jihyo gets an idea, knowing just what she can ask Dahyun that can make her stop lying. If she wasn’t desperate to get an actual truthful answer, she wouldn’t have ended up doing this. “Can I ask you a serious question?”

 

Dahyun doesn’t like the way Jihyo’s looking at her like a mom who’s about to use reverse psychology on her rebellious kid. “...What’s the question?”

 

“Dahyun, do you happen to know why Sana was wet this morning?”

 

~

 

While that conversation goes on (and on and on) Sana and the other six members are in their dorm, having a free day for once and using it to do absolutely nothing productive. Jeongyeon, Mina, Nayeon, Momo, and Sana were all in the living room while Chaeyoung and Tzuyu were up in their shared room, doing a good job in keeping themselves quiet while the others pretended they didn’t know exactly what they were doing up there.

 

“I think Dubu’s mad at me…” Sana mopes to everyone else but none of them are paying attention to her since they have all simultaneously decided that they’re not gonna spend their free day dealing with Sana’s problems. So, in her attempt to increase the drama and get someone to listen to her, Sana falls onto the sofa to wallow in her self-pity.

 

Someone scoffs, probably Jeongyeon, who was trying to pretend that she was too engrossed in her video game to notice Sana.

 

“You know she doesn’t like jokes,” Nayeon says teasingly, though she’s more focused on messing up Jeongyeon’s game by trying to tickle her. “It affects the purity of her ears,” she says as she multi-tasks.

 

“It’s just… I don’t know what to do about her…” Sana confesses.

 

Mina comes into the room right at that moment, sporting popcorn that may or may not be coincidental to this conversation, and passing it onto Nayeon.

 

“Right on time, thank you,” Nayeon says as she takes the bag. She brings a piece of popcorn to Jeongyeon’s mouth, who eats it dutifully. Nayeon continues to poke and prod Jeongyeon with popcorn until Jeongyeon groans, making a mistake in her game, smashing her console’s buttons in a desperate attempt to fix it.

 

Mina decides to be helpful. “Dahyun isn’t into the type of fun you’re into,” she says, trying to sweeten in up.

 

“Put it in words she understands,” Nayeon interrupts while munching on a piece of popcorn, “Dahyun’s boring, she likes romance.”

 

Sana shivers at the idea. “Romance,” she says like even the word itself brings a sour taste to . Then she sighs, completely defeated. “But I like Dahyun, though.”

 

Mina narrows her eyes, judging Sana for being so typical. “Here’s a crazy idea… How about you just tell her that?”

 

Sana groans like the weight on the world is on her shoulders and no one is even trying to understand her and her problems. “But I told her I didn’t want a relationship.”

 

Mina sighs like she’s never been more annoyed. She steals the bag of popcorn from Nayeon and munches on it loudly. Nayeon tries to steal it back but Mina just raises her hand away.

 

“I kinda regret telling her that…” Sana confesses quietly, but not quietly enough for the others not to hear her.

 

Someone gasps. Mina almost drops the popcorn. Jeongyeon pauses her game. Oh , things just got serious.

 

“What do you mean?” Momo asks, having previously stayed quiet but deciding that she might as well enter this conversation. Momo hasn’t really properly talked to her since Sana decided to break up what they had (which honestly wasn’t much.) Momo had guessed that it was because of Sana’s growing feelings for Dahyun, but actually hearing her admir it is surprising.

 

“It’s just, just…” Sana racks her brain for words that are worthy enough to properly describe Dahyun with. “She’s just too adorable for me.”

 

Momo can’t help but laugh a bit at that, and it’s genuine. “You’ve got it bad, huh?”

 

“She’s so cute even when she’s not trying to be, and she makes me laugh really hard, and I really wanna kiss her again,” Sana rambles on, remembering so vividly how her heart felt like it was blooming when Dahyun kissed her back.

 

“You kissed Dahyun?” everyone asks simultaneously.

 

Sana nods, somehow sinking further into the sofa.

 

“Then why don’t you tell her that you like her?” Nayeon asks, genuinely curious, though she’s also asking this as she grabs the bag of popcorn away from Mina. “If you feel the same way, then why not be happy together?”

 

“Well, apparently Dahyun didn’t know how gay she was until I kissed her and I may have accidentally sent her into a spiral of self-discovery...?”

 

“Did she kiss you back?” Mina asks, wanting to get into the important questions.

 

“She did.” Sana smiles to herself, feeling soft.

 

Nayeon throws a piece of popcorn into . “Dubu is such a mess when it comes to feelings,” she states as if it wasn’t the most obvious thing ever.

 

Feelings,” Sana repeats, trying out the word, but whatever disdain she had for ‘romance’ isn’t there anymore. “Does she have feelings for me, though?” Sana asks, mostly to herself. “I hope I’m not pushing her into anything… She kissed me back, but what if that was a spur of the moment thing?”

 

“Dahyun wouldn’t kiss you back unless she felt something,” Mina says, thinking analytically about this situation. “Did she say anything at all about her feelings for you?”

 

“She didn’t tell me if she was feeling something, she just said that maybe she was.”

 

~

 

“So let me get this straight-” Jihyo starts. “You have a spray bottle?”

 

“With water, yeah.”

 

“And you sprayed Sana when she was-”

 

Dahyun blushes slightly and it makes Jihyo decide to skip over that detail.

 

“And it worked?

 

“I was surprised too, but...” Dahyun blushes again, remembering how Sana’s jokes just got progressively more suggestive afterwards.

 

“But?”

 

“She immediately started joking again,” Dahyun admits, looking down at her hands like the good girl she is who hasn't been ruined yet and won't ever do something like that.

 

Jihyo can’t help but laugh.
 

“This is serious, unnie!” Dahyun tells her, needing to make sure that Jihyo knows that this isn’t a laughing matter and that they need to team up and figure out a way to control Sana better. “I don’t recommend it, it only made her more powerful!”

 

 

this was gonna have a gayass makeout but that scene got too long so y'all gonna have to Wait for it.

i hope you enjoyed this chapter regardless uwu