i'll be yours

"Maybe."

So. Sana’s curious.

 

It’s yet another day where their members are out working their asses off while Sana and Dahyun get to mutually mope over being excluded from Twice’s activities. And they were going to watch the music show together, if it wasn’t for the fact that Dahyun was busy-

 

But she won’t tell Sana with what.

 

Dahyun’s sitting down on her bed, writing on her notebook with no signs of stopping, her gaze completely focused on what she’s doing. Pieces of crumpled paper surround her, too crumpled for Sana to make out what they say, but if Dahyun puts any more around her then she'll probably have enough for an exorcist ring around her.

 

Sana fakes a cough, which causes Dahyun to shut the notebook. The sound is so loud that it makes Sana flinch, but she’s a tiny bit hurt that Dahyun’s so against letting her know what she’s doing.

 

“Sup,” Dahyun says in a voice that’s just a little high-pitched. She smiles nervously.

 

Sana stares down at the notebook in Dahyun’s hands, curiosity making her want to just stride over and take it. She knows that Dahyun wouldn’t put up much of a fight. “You’ve been writing for a while, Dubu,” Sana points out, sitting down on the edge of her own bed, keeping a faithful distance between them.

 

“Yup.”

 

“Whatcha writing about?” Sana asks tentatively, knowing that just because she’s asked a dozen times already doesn’t mean that Dahyun will answer this time.

 

“Nothing.”

 

Sana groans, getting frustrated over being denied. “Why don’t you want me to know?” she pouts that irresistible pout of hers, knowing that Dahyun has the hardest time ignoring how cute it is.

 

Dahyun gets the inexplicable need to just hug the other girl really, really tightly. “It’s personal…” she says with a bit of hesitance.

 

Sana’s pout grows. “This is boring, the girls aren’t here and you won’t pay attention to me.”

 

Dahyun puts the notebook down on the bed, knowing that she won’t be able to get anything done with Sana around. “You’re so needy, unnie,” she says as she gets up and sits down next to Sana on Sana’s own bed.

 

“Only for you, babe,” Sana flirts before she can stop herself.

 

There’s something about being so close to Sana that still manages to get Dahyun’s heart-rate up, manages to give her stomach that fluttering feeling. She pushes Sana lightly by the shoulder. “Stop flirting, will you?”

 

“Nah. Besides,” There’s a weird look in Sana’s eyes as she continues, “We’re girlfriends, remember?”

 

Dahyun’s mouth fills up with all the words she wants to say. She glances down at Sana’s lips and all she wants to do is tell her how much she wants to be the only one Sana ever kisses again. She opens to say everything and anything. Sana watches her carefully.

 

But instead, her heart works faster than her mind, and Dahyun’s leaning in.

 

Sana doesn’t immediately respond to the kiss, perhaps not used to Dahyun taking the initiative, but she craves the contact and can’t help but love the way it feels. Her body is frozen in place, unsure of what to do now that Dahyun’s the one trying to pursue her—but then she remembers the reason why she told Dahyun before that they should stop doing this.

 

Sana pushes Dahyun away, being careful to do it softly but making sure that her feelings are being understood. Dahyun’s eyes open slowly, confusion laced in her features, and she waits for Sana to explain why she wants to stop.

 

An idea passes through Sana’s head, maybe to avoid having to deal with this messy situation for now. “I’ll let you kiss me if you let me see what you’re writing…”

 

This time, Dahyun’s the one who’s pouting. “That’s cheating…”

 

Sana sighs. “Fine. I’ll let you kiss me if you give me a hint of what you’re writing?”

 

Dahyun thinks about it, trying to figure out what’s the best way to word it so that Sana doesn’t immediately get what Dahyun's really doing. Then an idea comes into her head. “Cake,” she answers. “I’m writing about cake.”

 

Sana narrows her eyes at her, her brows drawing together.

 

“You heard me,” Dahyun says almost defensively, starting to break under the intensity of Sana’s gaze.

 

“...Cake…”

 

“Cake,” Dahyun agrees.

 

“You’re not getting a kiss for cake,” Sana declares, getting up from her bed and standing over Dahyun.

 

Dahyun grabs her hand, gently rubbing her thumb over Sana’s knuckles without even noticing that she’s doing it. “Why not? We became girlfriends for cake.”

 

Sana isn’t amused. “Hey, Dubu, what’s that word you said just now?”

 

“What? Cake?”

 

“No, it started with girl, ended with friend…” Sana pretends that she’s thinking really hard but just doesn’t know what word it is. “Can you help me remember, Dubu?”

 

“Girl… friend…” Dahyun seems to be slowly malfunctioning now that Sana’s getting her to say it.

 

“Altogether now,” Sana encourages.

 

“Girl… giiirl…”

 

“Come on, you’re getting there,” Sana claims, a mischievous smile on her face.

 

“Girlfriend,” Dahyun manages to say after a while. She looks down at their joined hands and suddenly feels very aware of how much of a mess her heart is over the older girl.

 

“There we go!” Sana cheers.

 

“Kiss me,” Dahyun says quietly, looking directly at Sana when she says it. She feels weirdly anxious over it, as if saying that was a confession all on its own.

 

Sana hesitates. “I think the music show will start soon,” Sana says in a quiet voice, trying to change the subject.

 

“Unnie,” Dahyun squeezes her hand, “Kiss me,” she's pleading now, her voice so quiet and low that it sounds like it would hurt her if Sana said no. “Please.”

 

~

 

“How many gays is too many?” Tzuyu asks with a childish curiosity to Jihyo.

 

“I am not the best person to answer that, “Jihyo says quickly, putting a hand on Sana’s shoulder. “This unnie can help you.” Jihyo pushes Sana towards Tzuyu before basically running away.

 

“Is Jihyo-unnie okay?” Tzuyu asks, concerned over their leader.

 

“Yeah, she just runs away sometimes,” Sana assures her. “Though, I can’t help you. I’m one of the gays that can’t count.”

 

Tzuyu nods, though a bit confused.

 

Sana turns towards Dahyun, who’s a little bit away from them. “Hey, Dubu, what’s three times seven?”

 

“Twenty-one?”

 

“See, they exist,” Sana says with second-hand pride.

 

Tzuyu nods, a little bit more confused. She looks towards Dahyun. “Unnie, how many gays is too many?”

 

“How many members of Twice are there?” Nayeon asks before Dahyun can try and answer Tzuyu.

 

“Nine,” Tzuyu answers, her brows furrowed.

 

“Then ten is too many gays,” Nayeon tells their youngest.

 

Tzuyu stays quiet for a moment. “...I meant to say games…”

 

~

 

It’s one of Twice’s rare mid-comeback free days, the only chance they’ll have for the rest of the month to wind down and relax. They all decided that they wanted to do absolutely nothing productive today, resulting in everyone building pillow forts in the living room, completed with about half of their collection of stuffed animals lining up each side with their cute and adorable faces.

 

“Alright, it’s almost dinner time, should I order takeout from somewhere?” Jihyo asks in her Official Meeting voice.

 

“We should get pizza!” Jeongyeon suggests, even pausing her game to say it. The other girls all nod and agree with the idea.

 

We should go order it together,” Mina says to Jihyo. “It’ll give us time to talk about stuff and bond or something.”

 

Jihyo is suddenly very aware of how close Mina is to her, sending her heart in a panic over what to do to escape this situation. “That’s fine!” she practically screams. “Me and Sana are going! Right Sana?!”

 

“We are-?” Sana tries asking but Jihyo pulls her up from her comfy pillow bed.

 

“Get dressed!” Jihyo orders, smiling through her pain. “We’re going! Together!”

 

“Okay, okay, I’m going,” Sana says while leaving the living room to her and Dahyun’s bedroom, a bit annoyed over being pushed around.

 

~

 

With Jihyo and Sana gone, it’s finally time for Dahyun to talk about her love life with her members.

 

“I think Sana-unnie is mad at me…” Dahyun mopes to everyone, her back hitting the sofa.

 

“This is giving me a weird deja-vu feeling,” Nayeon says, looking between the moping Dahyun and back to Jeongyeon who’s currently playing video games.

 

Mina comes into the room right at that moment, sporting popcorn and passing it onto Nayeon.

 

“Thank you?” Nayeon says as she takes the bag, though appreciative of the snack. Plus, Jihyo's not there to chastise her over snacking before dinner.

 

“I had a weird feeling that I should make some,” Mina says as she sits next to Nayeon, leaning a bit down so her head doesn’t hit the blanket fort over them. “Anyway, why is Sana mad at you, Dahyun-ah?”

 

“Because…” Dahyun drawls on, “It’s hard to tell her that I lo- love her, so she feels like I’m playing with her feelings or something.”

 

“It’s probably just that Sana wants your relationship to be stronger, you know?” Mina raises an eyebrow for emphasis. “She needs a lot of skinship.”

 

Dahyun doesn’t get what Mina really means.

 

“Put it in words she understands,” Nayeon interrupts while munching on a piece of popcorn, turning back towards Dahyun. “Sana wants to-”

 

Jeongyeon pauses her game and quickly puts a hand over Nayeon’s mouth. She glances between Tzuyu and Chaeyoung, who were listening to their conversation. “The kids,” Jeongyeon hisses.

 

She slowly removes her hand from covering Nayeon’s mouth. “As if they don’t-” Nayeon’s mouth is covered once again.

 

“I think I’m… I think I’m okay with that,” Dahyun admits, her face warming up. “I really like her,” she adds in a quiet voice, saying it more to herself.

 

Mina smiles softly. “How about you just tell her that?” she suggests. “I know it’s scary, but Sana’s gentle. She wouldn’t push you into anything you're not ready to do.”

 

“I told her I did…” Dahyun confesses, her face warming up even more. “That I… wanted to…” Then, she can’t help but frown. “But she pushed me away.” She looks up, trying to find all the world’s answers in the faces of her friends.

 

Mina steals a piece of popcorn and Nayeon lets her.

 

“I don’t regret telling her that,” Dahyun continues.

 

“What do you mean?” Momo asks, scooting a little closer to Dahyun.

 

“Because those are my true feelings,” Dahyun admits. She stares down at her hands, nervous about what she’s saying even though Sana’s not there to hear her right now. “I want to be close with her, to kiss her and to do everything. But whenever I’m about to tell her how I feel, whenever I’m about to confess that I love her, I get so distracted with how much I want to that I forget how to speak.”

 

“Speechless?” Momo adds helpfully.

 

“Speechless,” Dahyun agrees, feeling a bit hopeless over how she feels. “I’m even referring to our relationship as cake because I don’t know how to talk about it.”

 

Momo can’t help but giggle a little at that, and it’s genuine. “I know it’s difficult, but if Sana loves you then she’s willing to wait until you’re comfortable enough to admit it,” Momo says while putting a comforting hand on Dahyun’s shoulder. “Hey, it’s a process, okay? Don’t feel bad over taking a little longer. Love is timing, remember?”

 

Dahyun smiles, feeling a little bit better now. “You really think she’ll wait for me?”

 

Momo nods. “In all the time I’ve known Sana, I don’t think I’ve ever seen her be as in love with anyone else as she is with you.”

 

A blush colors Dahyun’s pale skin, but her smile grows at the thought.

 

 

i'm starting to debate whether or not i should eventually add more, um, ~intimate~ scenes later on........

oh, and this chapter was almost titled [cakecakecake] and it also referenced a previous scene in this fic, but i decided to change it up a bit. that's why the last scene in this update is a lot like a previous scene a couple chapters back ^-^