won't you be mine?

"Maybe."

Dahyun’s very quiet when they come back to their dorms. The other girls still hadn’t come back since the music show wasn't over yet, meaning that Sana and Dahyun were alone. And there’s something so lonely about the silence.

 

“Shouldn’t we talk…?” Sana offers after getting tired of being quiet. It’s not in her nature to be anything less than loud.

 

Dahyun hesitates when she answers. “...should we?”

 

Sana sighs. “Or we can not.”

 

“Was that a date?” Dahyun asks all of a sudden, piercing through the tension between them.

 

“What did it mean to you?” Sana asks in turn, taking out her phone and splitting her attention between it and Dahyun. She knows she won’t get a direct answer. It hurts a bit, so she just hopes that Dahyun’s better than that.

 

“I…” Dahyun doesn’t know how to answer. Her chest feels tight. “The cake was good,” she settles on saying.

 

The tips of Sana’s mouth curve up, but she doesn’t smile. “It was good, huh?” Sana’s tired of waiting for a better time to talk. “That’s why you called me your girlfriend, right? Because you wanted cake.”

 

Dahyun just stares up at her, eyes wide and unreadable. “It was good cake.”

 

Sana nods to herself and turns her attention back to her phone. “It felt like a date,” she mentions offhandedly before getting up.

 

“W-where are you going?”

 

“Out,” Sana answers simply, not even looking back when she closes the door.

 

~

 

Jihyo’s been going through a lot lately, but this takes the cake as the weirdest thing ever.

 

“Dahyun-ah…?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Why did you shove me in the closet?”

 

“It’s not like you’re not used to being here,” Dahyun jokes instead of answering.

 

Jihyo glares at her, but there’s not enough light for Dahyun to notice. She tries to get up but bumps into just about everything. “You know, I feel very uncomfortable right now so I’m just gonna-”

 

Dahyun grabs onto Jihyo’s arm. “Don’t leave.

 

She sounds scared, so Jihyo being the good person she is, she sits back down to attend to the child. “Whatever it is, Sana’s probably a better person than I am.”

 

“You’re a good person, unnie,” Dahyun tells her, smiling when she sees that Jihyo isn’t going to leave.

 

Jihyo sighs. “I meant that Sana’s better for whatever thing you’re gonna tell me about.”

 

Dahyun frowns. “I can’t talk to Sana about Sana. It’ll make her ego grow too much.”

 

“Look, I get that this-” Jihyo waves her hands around to gesture at the closet they’re in, “-is all an elaborate metaphor about uality, but can we please just talk somewhere else. It’s cramped in here.”

 

Dahyun gives the smallest of nods.

 

Jihyo smiles, feeling like at least one member has listened to her today, but when she’s about to open the closet door, she realizes who’s outside in the room.

 

Jihyo turns away from the door suddenly, cheeks on fire as what she just saw burns itself into her memory.

 

Dahyun notices the change and glances through the sliver between the two closet doors, seeing none other than Myoi Mina changing between clothes.

 

“Why did you put me in my room’s closet?!” Jihyo angrily whispers, not wanting Mina to find them out but also being incredibly annoyed at Dahyun right now.

 

Dahyun shrugs. “If we went to my room, Sana might have found us,” she whispers back. “I can just tell Mina and then she’ll put on a towel or something and we can leave?”

 

No,” Jihyo practically barked out. “I live here now. I’m never getting out.”

 

“I think I’m in love with Sana-unnie,” Dahyun blurts out.

 

“Oh, nice,” Jihyo expresses happily, like a mom complimenting their kid on doing good at school. “I’m surprised it took you so long to figure it out, but I’m happy you did.”

 

“I don’t know how to tell her that, though?” Dahyun explains, seemingly becoming smaller in her own corner of the closet.

 

“Just tell her you want to be girlfriends girlfriends instead of fake girlfriends,” Jihyo suggests.

 

“The other day, I kinda called her and me g-girl- girl...friends without meaning to but then I backed out and said it was for cake,” Dahyun elaborates on her current situation, stumbling over her words.

 

Jihyo frowns. “Cake…?”

 

“Cake,” Dahyun nods.

 

“Is that like your version of Sana’s gay or…?”

 

Dahyun hesitates. “Is it?” A weird image passes through her head. “I wouldn’t a cake, though…”

 

The more this conversation goes on, the less Jihyo feels like she understands. “Does Sana the gay? Wait- don’t answer that.”

 

“, does Sana the gay?” Dahyun asks more to herself, feeling like her mind is on overdrive now. “Is that what gay people do? Do they just rainbows? How do you a rainbow? 

 

“No, gay people each other,” Jihyo explains calmly, still confused as to of how the hell they ended up talking about this. “Please tell me I don’t have to explain that to you-”

 

“Well it’s not like I can ask Sana-unnie,” Dahyun complains.

 

“Well,” Jihyo looks directly into her eye. “You should.”

 

“Jihyo-unnie! I need your advice,” Dahyun admits. “I think Sana’s getting tired of thinking that I don’t lo-” she chokes on air, “lo- vee…”

 

“Take your time, my sweet summer child.” Jihyo pats Dahyun’s head.

 

Like her! She thinks I’m playing with her feelings and I don’t know how to tell her that that’s not true.”

 

“If you’re having that much difficulty, then try to find a way around it.” Jihyo pats Dahyun’s head again. “You’re a smart girl. How about write a letter or a love song? It’s less direct, more romantic, and Sana should be able to understand your feelings then.”

 

“But Sana hates romance!” Dahyun argues. “And besides, even if I did confess to her, what if she still rejects me?”

 

“She wouldn’t reject you, Dahyun-ah,” Jihyo comforts her with a soft motherly voice.

 

“But she’s not into dating! The only reason why we’re sorta dating is because of the company, so what if she doesn’t want it to be anything more than just an act?”

 

“How about you write her a love song, say publicly that you wrote it for her, and if she says she thinks this relationship is too complicated then you can just say that you wrote it so that it made it more believable that you’re dating?” After saying it, Jihyo tries to go through her plan a couple times but it’s confusing to even her.

 

“That’s… That’s actually a really good plan, unnie!”

 

“...is it?” Whatever of genius came to her a second ago is gone because now she’s not even sure what she was going on about and how the hell that would work.

 

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!” Dahyun jumps onto her and hugs her, accidentally squishing Jihyo against the closet walls. “Oh, sorry-”

 

“It’s fine,” Jihyo lied, her voice coming out in a croak.

 

Then Dahyun’s suddenly getting up and leaving. Immediately after, Mina comes into the closet. She shifts in her corner, lightly bumping her head against the wall.

 

Jihyo’s face feels really warm right now.

 

“You know, Dahyun doesn’t exactly have a quiet personality,” Mina states, smiling shyly at Jihyo.

 

The sliver of light peering through the closet doors softly lights up a part of Mina's face, and Jihyo tries to convince herself that she's just seeing things because for a moment it seemed as if Mina's face was as red as hers.

 

~

 

Dahyun wastes no time to start writing the love song, but she has one problem. She has absolutely no idea how to do this.

 

She knocks on Chaeyoung and Tzuyu’s room. Dahyun can’t hear any weird sounds coming from inside, so she hopes that it should be okay, but it’s still best to knock first just in case.

 

Tzuyu opens up the door. “Dahyun?”

 

“Is Chaeyoung-ah here?” Dahyun asks, not daring to look over Tzuyu’s shoulder just in case.

 

“It is her room too, but we’re a bit busy…” Tzuyu trails off.

 

Dahyun’s face warms up. “I completely understand!” she says, about to run away.

 

Tzuyu scowls. “Why does everyone think we’re having ?” she asks towards the inside of her room.

 

“I dunno,” Chaeyoung answers, probably shrugging.

 

“You can come in, Dahyun, but we were sleeping so Chaeng’s tired.”

 

“S-sleeping together?” Dahyun’s curiosity gets the best of her. “It’s fine if you are, okay! You’re both of age!”

 

“No,” Tzuyu says before going back inside and sitting down on their shared bed.

 

Dahyun takes a few steps forwards but when it seems like everything truly is fine, she strolls completely in. “So I need help writing a song.”

 

Chaeng looks like she’s barely conscious, blinking wearily at Dahyun. She doesn’t even have her glasses on. “...Song? Can’t we do that in the morning?”

 

“It’s for Sana,” Dahyun blurts out.

 

It takes a moment for Chaeng to answer. “...Can’t we do that in the morning?” she repeats.

 

“I’m really struggling!” Dahyun begs.

 

Chaeyoung nods, grabbing her glasses from the bedside table. “How much do you have done…?”

 

Dahyun takes out a small notebook from her pocket, feeling embarrassed as she opens up the page to where she had started trying to write the lyrics for the song.

 

Chaeyoung squints at the page. “Unnie, that’s just a title.”

 

Tzuyu looks at it too. “And it sounds kinda sleazy.”

 

“I’m not sleazy!” Dahyun defends herself. She looks at the title again, feeling oddly protective of it. “It’s a good title…”

 

“It sounds like something a boy would say,” Tzuyu says and then turns to Chaeyoung. “Oi, Chaeng… Won’t you be mine?” she says with an added influx of BDE that would only work for Tzuyu and Tzuyu only.

 

Chaeyoung decides to not focus on that. “Anyway, what type of message do you want for your song?”

 

Dahyun thinks about it. Really thinks about it. And she comes up with nothing. “Gay?”

 

Tzuyu’s eyes go wide. “Oh, damn, Sana’s really infected you.”

 

Chaeyoung pushes Tzuyu playfully by the shoulder. “Be nice, be nice." She turns back towards Dahyun. "A gay love song? Is that what you’re trying to say?”

 

Dahyun thinks about it. “I feel like everything’s already been said and done, like there’s nothing more to add to a love song that hasn’t been done already. But I want something different, something that says it’s from the heart and makes it personal and emotional.”

 

“How about you think about your favorite moments with Sana and you go from there?” Chaeyoung suggests.

 

All that comes to Dahyun’s mind is how it feels to kiss her. “On second thought, let’s make it a basic confession song- can’t go wrong with that, right?”

 

Chaeyoung’s about to argue with Dahyun, tell her that they’re not gonna give up on this as soon as they started, but then she remembers that if Dahyun leaves now, she can go back to sleep. “Sounds good, come back tomorrow, unnie,” she says before taking off her glasses, putting them on her bedside table, and then plopping back down to sleep.

 

 

i should probably space out my updates more but it's fun feeding y'all with new content lol

also, if you don't know what bde is..... it's big dicc energy, which is basically a twitter meme, and i'm Sorry for exposing that to you