{interlude} falling for you

"Maybe."

this is the scene they were practicing for btw~ i'll post a regular update later today

 

 

Sana is dressed like royalty. Her dress is an expensive black with golden patterns trailing up her sides, complimenting her figure and shining under the pale moonlight like the stars in the sky. She’s surrounded by an ongoing party, making small-talk with her guests though her mind is somewhere else. She dances around the guests, each movement fluid and purposeful, taking small sips from a glass of wine to follow the dizzyingly cheerful atmosphere of the party. Eventually she reaches the entrance of the maze. The glass of wine she was holding is dropped, spilling the rest of its contents on to the ground next to the rosebushes. The blood red color is at a stark contrast by the much softer red of the roses.

 

Because she’s moving so fast, the dress is inevitably scratched by rose thorns, but Sana could care less. At one point it gets stuck and Sana just pulls on it, not caring at all over the tiny ripping sound that lets her go. There’s only so much time.

 

She turns around the maze, knowing every corner and every alley, but it’s endless and the further inside she goes, the darker everything gets. The world around her starts appearing more like a void, the roses losing their bright colors and appearing either dead or dying. It doesn’t matter though, because then she comes to a sudden stop, a smile lighting up her face as she finds herself right where she needs to be.

 

Dahyun’s standing there, waiting for her despite everything. Dahyun’s dress makes her look so pure, the white color bringing life to the otherwise desolate setting, the dead roses blooming when she passes by them.

 

They meet in the middle, no one there to see them but the moonlight.

 

And so, Sana dances with the angel.

 

There’s this hopelessness present with each second that passes. Dahyun closes her eyes, wanting to make this moment last forever. Sana moves her hand from Dahyun’s shoulder to her back, pulling her a little closer.

 

(Don’t let go.)

 

They slip out of each other’s grasp.

 

(Don’t let go.)

 

And then Dahyun’s gone.

 

Sana’s hand remains outstretched, still dancing though her movements become slower when she realizes her lover isn’t coming back. She stops abruptly, closing her hand into a fist, each finger curving bit by bit, hoping this is just a mistake and that Dahyun will come back and promise to never let go.

 

She sits down, the maze around her letting go of the life Dahyun brought and regrowing it’s brown petals to entertain the darkness. On Sana’s back, a bright gold arrow is stuck on her, shot through her heart and bleeding through her black dress, coloring the golden patterns with heartbreak.

 

(Take my hand, say you’ll never let go.)

 

And she looks so alone.

 

(These feelings are growing, tell me it’s love.)

 

The arrow fades to black, breaking into dust and ashes and falling, falling, falling.