hold me close

"Maybe."

As soon as their music show performances were over, Twice was back at it again with preparing for yet another tour. Except for Sana and Dahyun, the girls were incredibly tired and desperately needed this break in their schedule.

 

It was starting to take its toll on them as, even though they were on break, the girls were focused on making sure that the concerts will go well. Since they had been able to give their creative input on this entire comeback, their company had decided to also allow them to add their own special touch to these concerts too, and while they were glad to be given this freedom, it was starting to become too much.

 

They only had a little while to rest and make any changes to their tour ideas and concepts before it was announced. Dahyun was the one stressing the most about it, mostly because she wanted to make sure that the song was completely done by then so she could play it for both Sana and Once.

 

Even though Dahyun had met with Chaeyoung every single day since their break had started, she still wasn't satisfied with the song no matter what Chaeyoung told her.

 

“I’m sure it’ll be fine, Dahyun-unnie,” Chaeyoung says as she reads over the finished lyrics one more time. “I’m really proud of you! It takes me a long time to finish a song but this is really good.”

 

Dahyun just stares down at her work, still feeling like there’s something missing. She tilts her head as she reads over the lyrics for what’s probably the thousandth time in the last hour. "It's not done."

 

"Yes, it is," Tzuyu informs her, deciding that she'd really like to spend this break with Chaeyoung and Chaeyoung only. "You should leave, unnie. And rest. And stop worrying."

 

Then something a little awkward happens. Sana barges into Chaeng and Tzuyu’s room and, noticing the paper in Dahyun’s hands, promptly takes it and starts reading through it.

 

Dahyun can’t do anything but stare at the paper that is now in Sana's hands, too surprised to take it back.

 

After reading over it, Sana can barely contain her smile. “Needs more gay,” she suggests, turning towards Dahyun, her eyes bright.

 

Tzuyu picks the paper out of Sana’s hands and proceeds to push her out. “Unnie, remember to knock next time,” she says as she shoves her away.

 

“Hey, treat your elders with more respect!” Sana chirps as she tries to grab anything at all to stay inside. Sana grabs a desk and pulls it with her as Tzuyu keeps trying to push her out.

 

Tzuyu glares at Sana over the desk. Sana lets go.

 

“...scary...” Sana mumbles under her breath and, finally, leaves the room.

 

Tzuyu turns to the other girls. Chaeyoung’s doing her best not to laugh. Dahyun’s a blushing mess.

 

“Sana-unnie said you’re scary,” Chaeyoung points out, trying not to giggle.

 

Tzuyu pouts, her shoulders slumping.

 

“Aish, cute, cute, you're cute…” Chaeyoung mumbles as she takes Tzuyu’s hand and walks her back to Dahyun. “Dahyun-ah, are you okay?”

 

“No.”

 

Tzuyu puts the paper back in Dahyun’s hands. “So… Should we make it gayer?”

 

“Cake,” Dahyun says all of a sudden, her eyes wide as if she’s never had a better idea until now. “It needs cake.”

 

Chaeyoung puts a sympathetic hand on Dahyun’s shoulder, patting her softly. She turns towards Tzuyu. “We lost her.”

 

Tzuyu sighs. "You've been working too hard, unnie!" she tells Dahyun with a too bright smile. "Maybe you should leave and get some rest?"

 

"Are you kicking me out?" Dahyun, still embarrassed, asks.

 

"Yes!" Tzuyu nods enthusiastically.

 

~

 

It’s the middle of the night and neither Dahyun nor Sana can sleep.

 

“Dubuuu…” Sana calls out to her, making sure to sound extra cute. “Can I sleep with you?”

 

Dahyun can already feel her face warming up again, maybe even a little hotter than before when Sana read her confession song, but she says nothing.

 

Sana assumes that the younger girl had fallen asleep already. “It makes me really happy that you were writing that…” she says in a low voice, almost shy, shifting in her bed.

 

Dahyun stays quiet, but she’s screaming internally over how much she wants to just get up hug Sana really tightly right now.

 

Something about the silence makes Sana feel suspicious. She gets up.

 

Dahyun can’t tell what Sana’s doing, but she does know that the spray bottle is hidden in her bedside table just in case. She opens her eyes tentatively, wondering if she's going to need it again.

 

“You are awake!” Sana giggles, looking down at the younger girl with stars in her eyes. “Why didn’t you say anything?”

 

Dahyun hesitates. “Because I didn’t know which type of sleeping you were talking about…”

 

Sana fakes a dramatic gasp. "Just cuddling! I don’t think about  all the time, Dubu!”

 

Dahyun notices what Sana’s wearing at that moment. There was nothing but moonlight peering through the windows to illuminate her, but it was clear that Sana was not covering enough skin. Sana's t-shirt dangled a little bit over her waist, enough so that Dahyun couldn’t tell if Sana was wearing anything else besides that, but it was far too short for comfort. Dahyun starts thinking too much.

 

“I have a problem…” Dahyun says nervously, closing her eyes shut in an attempt to keep any last bit of her innocence from leaving.

 

“Oh?” Almost immediately, Sana’s voice loses it’s playfulness and becomes serious, worrying over the younger girl. “Do you want to talk about it? Is it about the concert?”

 

“No, no, it’s not about that…” Dahyun trails off. She tries to open her eyes, but Sana’s leaning down to hear her better and her t-shirt is cut way too short, showing that-

 

Oh no.

 

“Dubu, are you okay?” Sana puts a hand on Dahyun’s forehead, feeling how warm she is. “Ah, you have a fever.”

 

“I’m not sick,” Dahyun tells her, though she still can’t open her eyes. “I’m fine, unnie, I swear.”

 

Dahyun hears Sana walk away, only for the lights to turn on. Dahyun ducks in her sheets, hissing at the glaring light.

 

Sana laughs a little at Dahyun’s reaction. “Come on, baby girl, let’s go get some medicine for you. You can’t get sick before the tour, okay?”

 

“I’m not sick,” Dahyun says, but her voice is mumbled under the sheets.

 

“What was that?” Sana asks with a mischievous tone, walking back to her and pulling the sheets up.

 

There’s no way to avoid it this time. Dahyun opens her eyes, adjusting to the light, her greatest fears being confirmed.

 

“It’s rude to stare, Dahyun-ah,” Sana says jokingly, booping Dahyun’s nose.

 

Dahyun’s mouth feels really dry right now. “I need water,” she says in a low voice, too distracted to do much of anything but stare.

 

Sana can’t help but feel a little proud over how Dahyun’s attention is all on her. “Thirsty for me?” she flirts, though raises her t-shirt a little to reveal that she’s wearing short shorts. “How naughty~”

 

Dahyun snaps out of it, but the room feels oddly hot right now, and she's never felt more frustrated over Sana teasing her.

 

~

 

They really should have gone to sleep after that instead of staying up late watching movies, but Sana likes taking care of her Dubu and Dahyun was not about to say no to cuddling. Besides, watching Disney movies is a good stress-reliever if we’re keeping everything PG.

 

Sana was known for being clingy, but this was a little too much. She practically throws herself onto Dahyun, never letting the younger girl be alone for more than five minutes, yawning into her arms and almost falling asleep on top of her a couple times.

 

And it was cute at first, but it’s starting to annoy their members.

 

Nayeon in particular felt like this was a competition and was trying to drag Jeongyeon into going against Sana and Dahyun. Key word being trying, because Jeongyeon only cuddles when she wants to and right now all she wants to do is eat her cereal.

 

“Nayeon, I love you, but please let me go,” Jeongyeon pleads, trying to pry Nayeon’s hands away.

 

“Baby, don’t be like that~” Nayeon tries to hug Jeongyeon tighter, but it just makes her more annoyed.

 

Sana just lays her head on Dahyun’s shoulder, completely unbothered.

 

Jihyo, however, is bothered over this rampant display of affection, feeling just a little envious over it. “Can you guys not?”

 

Mina, can you come here for a moment?” Sana says in Japanese, her words slightly slurred with sleep.

 

Mina, confused but intrigued, puts Momo on pancake duty while she goes to check on Sana.

 

Can you cuddle Jihyo-chan?” Sana says cutely with a smile for added effect. "She's bothering me because she has no one to cuddle."

 

“What are you- Mina, what is Sana saying?” Jihyo asks her, though a bit worried as to what Sana’s planning.

 

“Jihyo, you already ate, right?” Mina asks politely.

 

“I did…?” Jihyo just feels more confused now.

 

“Can you help me make pancakes?” Mina smiles at her.

 

Jihyo gets up immediately. “What am I gonna do? Say no?”

 

~

 

Sana cuddles a little closer to Dahyun. “You’re comfy,” she claims.

 

“You’re really clingy today,” Dahyun points out, raising her spoon to Sana’s mouth to feed her cereal.

 

“Do you hate it?” Sana asks casually after swallowing her spoonful of cereal.

 

“I can’t hate you,” Dahyun says with a little laugh, feeling as if Sana’s being dramatic for asking. “You’re too precious,” she adds before she can stop herself, putting a spoonful of cereal in her own mouth.

 

Sana smiles, pressing herself closer.

 

Dahyun doesn’t mind at all.

 

“I can help you with the song, you know. Make it extra gay and all. If we make it iconic, then cake will be the new gay.”

 

And, suddenly, Dahyun’s face is warming up again and she feels just a little uncomfortable over Sana being all over her when she says that. "Wouldn't that mean that whenever we eat cake-"

 

Sana interrupts her before Dahyun can continue. "We go on cake dates so we can be gay gay."

 

That just makes Dahyun more confused. "You say that as if someone can be gay without being gay?"

 

"Ah, like you!" Sana kisses Dahyun's cheek.

 

Dahyun's blush just keeps getting worse and worse.

 

 

i just wanted to mention that this fic will not be ending when saida get together. i have a lot of ideas for when they start ~dating~ dating uwu