and in love

"Maybe."

Before Dahyun could even announce her arrival, Sana had jumped onto her and caused her to fall backwards.

 

“Why did you take so long?!” Sana whines, not noticing an awkward Jihyo who’s awkwardly standing by the door in her awkwardness.

 

Dahyun’s a bit dizzy over being suddenly thrown backwards, but when she focuses on how close Sana is and how if she lifted up her head then they would accidentally kiss, well, her heart goes into panic mode. “C-can you get off?”

 

Sana gasps. “Dubu! That’s such a dirty question!”

 

Dahyun turns even redder, looking away to avoid Sana. “You know what I mean…”

 

“Do I?” Sana teases. “What do you mean, Dubu?” Sana smiles, making her voice a bit lower because she knows the effect she has on this girl. “I’m into it if you are…”

 

Jihyo coughs, but Sana ignores her. She sighs, deciding to maneuver inside somehow by stepping to the side. “Hi, Sana,” Jihyo says as she passes and successfully escapes this situation.

 

“Hi, Jihyo!” Sana smiles, sitting up on Dahyun’s lap. “Did it go well?”

 

“Yeah,” Jihyo says, voice a bit high because she really wants to just walk away and yet Sana’s determined to make conversation. “I’m gonna go now. Are the others still here?”

 

Sana gets off of Dahyun, pulling her up now that the joke’s over. “I think they’re in the living room.”

 

“That’s good…” Jihyo trails off, trying to go away.

 

“Oh! But Chaeyoung and Tzuyu are upstairs, probably doing it.”

 

“Doing what?” Dahyun asks in a small voice, though as soon as the question leaves she realizes that she doesn’t really want to hear the answer.

 

, probably,” Sana answers, saying the word in a low and quiet voice. Then she wiggles her eyebrows. “We should-”

 

Before Sana can continue, Jihyo suddenly exclaims “Wait, what?” and runs up the stairs like the worried mother she is.

 

~

 

“You two are having !” Jihyo says while opening the door.

 

But, really, they were just sitting over the bed, Chaeyoung using her phone and Tzuyu reading a book.

 

“We are?” Tzuyu asks, a bit confused, looking back at Chaeyoung. “Why didn’t you tell me, Chae? I would have put my book down.”

 

~

 

They’re right at the edge of starting preparations for their next comeback, and the Twice girls were tasked with bringing their own creative direction to this project.

 

And with incredible power comes dangerous responsibility.

 

Sana sat with her arms crossed in front of her, wearing her characteristically cute pout as if that would make this better. “Why can’t I participate?”

 

Jihyo narrows her eyes, almost glaring at Sana for asking the same question for the tenth time. “Because you’re not useful when it comes to concepts.”

 

“All I’m saying is that we should do a-”

 

“The answer is no, Sana,” Jihyo sighs. “Does anyone else, literally anyone else, have any ideas for what concepts we should focus on in this comeback now that we're deciding it?”

 

Tzuyu raises her hand obediently.

 

“Tzuyu!” Jihyo visibly perks up, feeling like they might actually make some progress now. “What’s your idea, lovely maknae?”

 

“Young love?” Tzuyu offers tentatively. “I know it’s our usual concept, but it’s a good one and we can actually put our experiences on it.” She grabs Chaeyoung’s hand from across the table, smiling softly.

 

Jihyo deflates. “I just want a girl-crush concept,” she mumbles to herself, “is that too much to ask?”

 

“How about a young gay love story?!” Sana looks around to her members, eyes wide with excitement, hands waving around as if she was just discussing the most amazing idea she’s ever had. “Young gays! Like us! It's perfect!”

 

“You know we can’t do that,” Jihyo sighs, tapping her pen against the notebook.

 

“Why not, though?” Dahyun asks, speaking up for the first time since she sat down to idea explore with her members. “We can choose any concept this time, so why not do one that’s important to us?”

 

Jeongyeon nods, deciding to contribute. “It’s normal for Twice to do love songs, so what’s wrong about making a gay one? I'm sure Once will love it, too.”

 

“It might count as fan-service, though,” Momo points out, scribbling something on her paper. “If we make the concept too much like what we usually do, people might think that we’re using it as a prop or something.”

 

“We don’t need to stop being cute,” Mina argues, “We can just add a kiss scene.”

 

Sana slams her hand on her table. “YES! A GAY KISS SCENE! I ING VOLUNTEER!”

 

"Is this all you're gonna add to the conversation?" Jihyo asks after sighing for what feels like the hundredth time today because of Sana.

 

"CAN I VOLUNTEER DAHYUN?" Sana asks, ignoring Jihyo's question, wanting to be loudly gay.

 

“Moving on! We might get a 19 rating if we add a kiss scene.” Jihyo flips through the papers in front of her in search for the rating system and all their little details. She finds the right page, but Sana snatches it from her hands.

 

Sana speed-reads over it and slowly shrinks into her seat, her previous excitement leaving her. “Well then.” She passes the paper back to Jihyo. “That’s homophobic.”

 

Nayeon looks over Jihyo’s shoulder to read over the paper. “We’re a popular group though, shouldn’t we be able to try and change the rules?”

 

“It’s worth a try,” Jeongyeon says, writing up ideas for the MV on her paper. "If not us, then who knows when another group will try?"

 

"The rules aren't just gonna change overnight," Jihyo says, though she would like to go ahead with this concept if she wasn't worried over the repercussions.

 

"They're not gonna change if we don't try to change them," Dahyun says, standing up from her seat. "So shouldn't we at least try?"

 

~

 

“I’m surprised you didn’t try to push for a gay concept earlier than you did,” Dahyun says to Sana as they’re settling down in their individual beds to go to sleep, anticipating a long day tomorrow when they start all the photoshoots and begin planning for the MV.

 

“I just wanted an excuse to kiss you,” Sana replies without a second thought, her smile evident through her words.

 

Dahyun blushes. “Stop that.”

 

Sana raises her eyebrows, confused. “Stop what?” she asks carefully.

 

Dahyun doesn’t meet her gaze. “Stop flirting with me.”

 

“Does it make you uncomfortable?” Sana asks, voice soft and without its usual brightness.

 

“It doesn’t, but…”

 

“But?” Sana looks down at her hands, a feeling of anxiety coursing through her. “I’m sorry- I should have noticed sooner. I thought it was fun to tease you and didn’t think about how you might be feeling pushed into it.”

 

“Sana, that’s not it.” Dahyun walks from her bed and sits next to Sana. “It’s just- it’s a bit overwhelming, you know? I don’t know what I feel.”

 

“I can stop,” Sana offers. “I can stop completely, even when it's fan-service, if that makes you feel more comfortable.”

 

Dahyun shakes her head. “You really don’t have to-”

 

Sana interrupts her; “But if you want me to-”

 

“I don’t want you to.” Dahyun worries her bottom lip, not daring to look up and see Sana’s reaction. “I don’t want you to stop flirting with me, I don’t want you to stop kissing me-”

 

She has to stop there, because she’s looking at Sana now and she's so breathtakingly beautiful that Dahyun's starting to lose her grasp on all language. The light is peering in from the window, soft streaks of moonlight curving across Sana’s already perfect features, making her look undeniably gorgeous.

 

“But I don’t know what it means,” Dahyun confesses quietly, trying her best to ignore how her heart feels so heavy with tension right now, wanting yet not daring to take.

 

And Sana wishes she was as brave as she pretends to be, because she’s not brave enough to look at the girl in front of her in the eye and speak all the truths her heart has been wanting to say since the first time they kissed. She looks away, feeling her heartbeat blaring at her ears, and then she says something she knows she will regret. “We should talk about this later, tomorrow’s a long day and it’s already late.”

 

Dahyun knows what it means—thinks she knows—because Sana’s told her before that relationships don’t mean much to her. Dahyun knows that this is Sana’s way of stopping this from becoming anything more than it is, than it was supposed to be.

 

But she can’t help but ignore that familiar warmth behind her eyelids and she kisses Sana softly on the lips before standing up and walking towards her own bed. “Good night.”

 

And Sana can’t help but wish that that won't be the last time Dahyun kisses her.

 

~

 

“GAY!” Sana says as she continuously hits the table, trying to hype up all the other girls.

 

“Can you be any less obvious?” Jeongyeon says while yawning. It’s far too early for Sana to get on that gay , and even Jeongyeon is starting to get annoyed over it. And who can blame her? It's four in the morning and they're gonna be doing work for the next seven hours straight.

 

“GAY, GAY, GAY!” Sana repeats, chanting it like a mantra.

 

Nayeon laughs, deciding to play into the game. “Gay, gay, gay!”

 

“Not you too,” Jeongyeon groans, hitting her head against the table, wishing that she could succumb into the sweet bliss of sleep.

 

~

 

Sana couldn’t help but feel just a tad bit embarrassed that her voice was hoarse because she had been screaming about homouality all day to her group members. By the time it was her turn to record a couple lines for the demo song, she didn’t even sound like herself.

 

“Thanks,” Sana croaks, grabbing the cup of hot cocoa Dahyun had made for her. “Is it fine if I take tomorrow off?” she asks to Jihyo, taking a careful sip.

 

“I can ask the manager, but that’s probably fine.” Jihyo doesn’t even look up from her phone, just scrolling aimlessly. Sana’s not even sure if Jihyo’s even reading something or if she’s too sleep-deprived to even understand that she has a phone in her hand. “We do have a concert in a couple days, though, so you should rest up before then.”

 

Truth be told, Sana had forgotten that they have a concert soon, being too focused on planning for their comeback and in convincing everyone to be as gay as possible for it.

 

But, well, taking a day off should make her feel better afterwards.

 

~

 

Sana isn’t entirely sure how this ended up happening. She’s been pretty out of it for the past couple days, going through each day with the same type of stressful routine: scream about being gay, prepare for the comeback, try not to pass out due to exhaustion, try not to let the other girls pass out due to exhaustion, sleep for a few hours, repeat. And even screaming about being gay is starting to feel like too much work when she’s already so tired. Sana's not even sure how she's going to survive another comeback when she doesn't feel rested at all.

 

She tries to remind herself that that’s probably it. She’s probably so tired that she’s imagining things, fantasizing about something that isn’t happening, wishing so hard that this dream is real that it's starting to feel like it is.

 

But still. It feels real. They’re flushed against each other, whatever distance between them completely gone. Sana’s hand is starting to trail up Dahyun’s tanktop, exploring the sensation of her skin, when Dahyun bites down softly on her bottom lip. There’s something so euphoric about that slight bit of pain, something so magical about it. Dahyun’s the one leading, pushing herself impossibly closer, more and more and more.

 

And when they pull away, Sana can’t help but fall a little bit more in love with how utterly beautiful Dahyun looks right now; stage-lights shining a sort of halo over her hair, makeup all messed up because of the kiss, lips a bit bruised, looking at her with so much affection.

 

“I love you,” Sana says before she can stop herself, still trying to catch her breath.

 

And then everything catches up to her. The roar of the people around her is deafening, the lights are far too bright, and her heart isn’t beating with love anymore but fear—and it beats with so much fear.

 

Dahyun doesn’t look at her. She looks at the crowd, looks at their members, looks at anything but her. And there’s a blush on her face that looks far too pretty.

 

She’s smiling—Sana suddenly realizes—smiling a smile that doesn’t belong to the world but to just the two of them.

 

 

so................. did y'all like it uwu

today's a happy day for me, so i hope you're having a good day too! and if not, then i hope this fic had made you smile while reading it!! you deserve all the smiles~

as always, you can find me in twitter @sonhyewolf but be advised that i'm either screaming about pretty girls or talking about what i'm writing