Chapter 5

Our Sweet Little Gift

It was finally the day of Sunshine Airways annual party and everyone were so excited. Mainly because everyone will turn up and there’s always a big amountof money given away. Everyone were dressed up very beautifully and some into the hall with their partner, whereas others turned up with a group of friends. Evereyone had their photographs taken just before they entered through the glass doors. It felt more like a wedding party than an anniversary party.

“Gui Gui! Hebe! Cynthia!” Selina waved at them.

She was standing near the buffet with genie.

“Hi!” the three smiled.

“Wow, you all look stunning, Genie complimented and hugged them.

“Right back at you,” Hebe winked her eyes at Genie.

“Selina…here’s your punch,” Jiro came running over and wrapped his hand around her waist.

“Thank you,” Selina kissed his cheeks and took the drink off him.

“Ew…hello we’re still here you know,” Cynthia waved her hands in front of the couple.

“Oh sorry,” Jiro finally realised the girls were standing there.

“Hello ladies, you all look very pretty but my Selina is still the prettiest,” Jiro looked at Selina and smiled, making her blushed.

They all rolled their eyes at the lovely couple. Just as Gui Gui was scanning around the area, she noticed he was walking towards their group with Calvin.

“Hello gorgeous,” Aaron smirked and placed his arm on Jiro’s shoulders.

“Hi Aaron!” the others smiled back, expected Gui Gui of course.

Aaron stared at Gui Gui waiting for her response but she ignored him.

“I’m thirsty, I’m going to get myself a drink,” she said and walked away.

Aaron shook his head and chuckled.

“Anyway Selina should we?” Jiro placed one of his hands out.

Selina smiled at him and took his hand.

“Genie,” Calvin did the same as Jiro and took Genie to the dance floor.

It was just Aaron, Cynthia and Hebe left standing there.

“So which one of you pretty ladies would like to have a dance with me,” Aaron smirked.

Cynthia and Hebe looked at eachother before answering him.

“I think we prefer to join the others over there,” Cynthia pointed to where Xiao Xun and their other workmates were dancing together in a group.

Both Cynthia and Hebe hooked onto each other’s’ arms and left. Now Aaron was left alone but not for too long as a well built up guy came walking towards him.

“Aaron where’s everyone else?”

“Chun? I thought you couldn’t make it today,” Aaron asked and gave him a friendly hug.

“I thought I’ll be suffering from jet lag but I guess I’m alright, Wu Chun replied.

Chun was also a pilot like the others and had just come back from flying a 12 hours flight.

“Anyway Calvin and Jiro’s at the dance floor with Genie and Selina, and the rest is everywhere I guess," Aaron said and scanned around to see which lady could accompany him.

Chun just nodded and looked at Aaron. He recognised those eyes and shook his head and chuckled.

“So who’s your partner?”

“Haven’t got one yet,” Aaron simply replied.

Chun raised his eyebrows, not believe what Aaron had just told him.

“I decided it would be much fairer for the ladies if I don’t stay with only one person the whole night,” Aaron smirked.

Chun sighed, it was so Aaron, and he patted Aaron’s shoulders before leaving to get something to eat. Aaron then walked towards a group of ladies.

Meanwhile

Gui Gui soon joined her friends on the dance floor. Everyone was having so much fun and drank a lot of throughout the night. The alcohol was starting to take some effect on Gui Gui, she was getting dizzy and felt like vomiting so she decided to take some fresh air on the baloney.

“I’m going outside to get some fresh air,” Gui Gui tolded Cynthia.

“Ok, so you want me to come?”

“Nah…I’ll be fine,” Gui Gui replied and headed out.

“Hmmmm…”Gui Gui took a deep breathe, tonight was a very beautiful night, the moon and stars were shining brightly, the wind blowing past Gui Gui cooled her down. She glazed at the glistened night sky.

“It’s so beautiful,” Gui Gui mumbled, looking at the moon.

“Who’s beautiful?” Someone said interrupting Gui Gui’s peaceful moment.

Gui Gui turned around and as soon as she saw who that it was she glared at that drunken person, before turning away.

“Ey I was talking to you don’t ignore me," Aaron whines like a little boy and walked towards her.

But Gui Gui just ignored him. As Aaron tries to stand next to her, he accidently bumped into Gui Gui.

“Hey are you alright?” Gui Gui asked and tried to hold onto him, before he hits the ground.

“Yeah…” Aaron smiled back.

Although he was drunk, he was still cleared  to see how concerned she looked. Gui Gui placed him on the ground.

“God you’re so heavy,” she mumbled.

“What?” Aaron asked lying against the wall.

“Nothing,” Gui Gui replied back and walked near the baloney again.

After some time Aaron finally spoke again.

“Gui Gui, why are you standing there? I’m bored… join me down here,” Aaron said while holding onto her hand, trying to pull her down.

“No…I don’t want to,” Gui Gui protested.

”Please,” Aaron said sadly.

For some weird reason Gui Gui felt like giving in to him as he looked like a lost child.

“So…maybe his not the playboy I thought he was,” Gui Gui thought.

“No what are you thinking Gui Gui, remember you don’t want anything to do with players,” she told herself and shook her head. But then she remembered what the others have been saying.

Flashback

“It’s up to you but honestly I think your being unfair to Aaron,” Genie pointed out.

“Of course you’ll say that, his Calvin’s friend. Why does it feel like I’m the only one who dislikes him,” Gui Gui sighed, placing both her hands under her chin.

“No you’re wrong, I’m saying that because Aaron is actually really nice but his just flirty,” Cynthia argued back.

“Any many of us don’t like his flirty personality but we can’t hate him just because of that,” Xiao Xun explained.

End of flashback

She looked at Aaron and felt slightly guilty.

“Maybe the others were right. I’m being slightly unfair to him. I guess it wouldn’t hurt to just give him a chance, I mean the others can cope with his playboy personality and be his friends without getting hurt,” Gui Gui thought and slowly went to sit next to him.

Aaron was stunned; he couldn’t believe Gui Gui actually listened to him when she never had since the beginning they’ve met.

“I never thought you’ll listen to me, especially when you hate me so much” Aaron said.

After hearing it from Aaron’s mouth Gui Gui felt really guilty.

“I’m sorry,” she replied softly.

Aaron stupidly smiled to himself.

“I’ll forgive you…but why do you dislike me anyway?”

“Because you’re a playboy,” Gui Gui complained.

“Am not,” Aaron protested.

“Then what do you call people who’s always flirting around with everyone,” Gui Gui shouted.

“I just like being loved by others,” Aaron shouted back.

“It’s pointless arguing with a drunken person,” Gui Gui murmured.

“I heard that and it’s not like you’re not drunk too,” Aaron said.

“Am not.”

“Am too.”

The two of them kept bickering throughout the night while drinking but would occasionally have a normal conversation. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's another chapter!!! I hope all of you have enjoyed reading this :)

Finally Gui Gui decided to give a chance to Aaron but was her choice right or wrong? Well you just have to find out in the next chapter!!!