Chapter 4

Our Sweet Little Gift

“Why is this here?” Gui Gui asked herself shockingly.

As soon as she came back, she saw a slice of strawberry cheesecake on her desk.

“What’s up?” Selina poked her head out from her desk.

“How did this get here?” Gui Gui turned to face her and pointed at the cheesecake.

Selina shrugged her shoulders.

“It was already there before I came back,” she replied before walking off to the washroom.

"It couldnt be him right?” Gui Gui asked herself while staring at the cheesecake.

“Gui Gui.”

“Gui Gui!”

“Ayo Gui Gui are you even listening, we may be friends but I’m still your manager,” Xiao Xun shouted next to her but because Gui Gui was thinking too much about the cheesecake, she couldn’t hear.

“Huh sorry,” Gui Gui scratched her head.

Xao Xun sighed and asked her.

“Why are you staring at the cheesecake that Aaron gave you? It’s going to melt!”

“What!?

So it was him, Gui Gui accidently shouted out loud, making everyone look at her.

“Sorry,” Gui Gui shouted back.

“I thought you knew he gave that to you,” Xiao Xun asked confusingly. Gui Gui shook her head.

“What should I do?” Gui Gui sighed.

“Eat it obviously; weren’t you upset earlier for not getting one?” Genie said.

She was coming over to ask Gui Gui about something when she overheard a bit of their conversation.

“Genie you know I don’t like him!”

“So? It doesn’t mean you can’t eat it,” Genie raised her eyebrows at Gui Gui.

“Really! It’s alright to take something from someone you don’t like?” Gui Gui asked innocently, causing the other two laugh at her naiveness. 

“Hey I’m serious; I’m so confused right now!” Gui Gui’s knitted close together in thought and pouted.

“It’s up to you but honestly I think your being unfair to Aaron,” Genie pointed out.

“Of course you’ll say that, his Calvin’s friend. Why does it feel like I’m the only one who dislikes him,” Gui Gui sighed, placing both her hands under her chin.

“No you’re wrong, I’m saying that because Aaron is actually really nice but his just flirty,” Gui Gui argued back.

“Anyway many of us don’t like his flirty personality but we can’t hate him just because of that,” Xiao Xun explained.

“She right and just eat the cheesecake, otherwise I’m going to,” Genie joked, trying to make Gui Gui feel better.

“Ahhh no,”Gui Gui whined and quickly placed both her hands on top of the cheesecake, causing them to laugh at her silliness.

“Hao la, I didn’t come here to discuss about Aaron or your cheesecake. Gui Gui while you were gone our company has confirmed to hold their 50thanniversary in two weeks’ time and here’s your invitation,” Xiao Xun said before handing her the card and walked back to her office.

“So why are you here?” Gui Gui looked at Genie.

“Just seeing if you was coming to the party and please say yes,” Genie begged.

“Yeah yeah as long as everyone is,” she replied.

“Yeah! Anyway I better go back to work and you better finish off that before I come back and devour it,” Genie giggled and walked off.

Gui Gui turned around and started enjoying her strawberry cheesecake.

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile on the other side of the building.

“Aaron! Aaron! DUDE!” Jiro nudged Aaron as he was still daydreaming.

“What?!” Aaron shouted.

“I was asking you, where did you run off to last night. Me and Calvin went to look for you at your house last night but you wasn’t there,” Jiro exclaimed.

Calvin smirked and looked up from his work.

“So who’s the lucky girl?”

“None of your business,” Aaron smirked and pretended to work on his papers on his desk.

“Just spill, looking at your smugly face makes me want to punch it,” Calvin said without removing his eyes from the documents this time.

“I was with a model I met last night at the airport,” Aaron replied.

He just couldn’t resist not telling them.

“A model?...What’s her name?” Jiro asked curiously.

Both Calvin and Jiro were used to Aaron having different girls with him all the time.

“Didn’t get one,” Aaron said bluntly.

“When is he going to stop being a player,” Jiro whispered to himself but Aaron could still hear him.

“You're one too,” Aaron slapped his arm.

“Ey ey ey I used to one but I’ve stopped long ago when I met Selina, Jiro quickly defended himself and started daydreaming about Selina.

At first Selina kept rejecting Jiro but soon she was touched by his sweet and sincere actions. He quitted being a player which surprised everyone, even Aaron and Calvin wasn’t expecting that.

“Fine whatever,” Aaron placed both his hands up to surrender.

“Anyway the annual ball is coming up, who’s your partner?” Calvin asked, still concentrating on his paperwork.

“Of course it will be my Selina,” Jiro smiled, causing the two rolled their eyes.

“Not sure but I’ll find one soon. What about you, Genie?” Aaron asked.

“Yep,” Calvin smiled and got up and walked away.

Calvin and Genie are childhood friends and coincidently has been together since young. Calvin has always liked Genie but Genie just wants to remain, as friends since she wanted to concentrate on her studies during their education period and work now. Which Calvin understands and out of the three Calvin has never been a playboy and so even now his still waiting for Genie.

“Where is he going?” Jiro asked.

“Why do you have to be so nosy?” Aaron sighed.

“Hey I’m just curious,” Jiro defended himself.

“His probably gone to look for Genie…and hey where are you going?” Aaron shouted after seeing Jiro run off to the same direction as Jiro.

“Selina!” Jiro shouted back.

“Those two goofballs,” Aaron sighed and leaned back onto his chair. He wished he could be like them, loving only one person and caring about her only but it was kind of hard in his situation.    

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi here's another chapter!!! I hope everyone's enjoying this so please comment and subscribe, the more you do, the more quicker i'll update the story :)