Open up your heart to me

Be Warmed

2012   11.30 p.m.

Lucas is already on the bed, ready to sleep. His mom is sitting on the bed waiting for him while telling him some bed time stories. After a few times adjusting himself on the bed, he finally asleep and his mom didn’t forget to kiss him and bid goodnight while turning off the lights and let the lamp is the only source of light in his room.

12.00 p.m.

Lucas hear a loud bang on the door. At first he didn’t really care about it cause he thought it’s just his feeling but again the bang get louder. And what makes him I shock he can hear his mom whimpering for help. So he slowly open the door, looking around before he saw a man in front of his eyes dragging him out forcefully. “Let me go!” shout Lucas and after a few times refusing he’s been push to the ground and what he saw is already make him cry. His mom and dad has been tied on a chair. He can saw a blood coming out from his mom dress and maybe his mom was pregnant during time, he didn’t know. His father is already looks so weak and he mouthed some words like begging to let his son go. “Please, let my son live…” His mom cried. He didn’t know what really happen so he just cry seeing his mom crying like that. His mom was slapped several times and Lucas can’t really do anything cause the other man tries to hurt him too by pulling his hair, punching him. Lucas nose is already bleeding and the man drag him by hair and force him to make eye contact with his parents. “ Say goodbye to your parents, little boy..” the man who’s holding him laughing like a monster. His mom looks at him while crying before the other man pull out a knife and cut her mom’s throat. “NO!” Lucas screamed and he really want to run to his mom right now. His dad on the other hand, was already numb. His eyes already open wide and he looks so pale. So his father died first. Now it’s my turn, Lucas feels so hopeless right now, he feels like if he die right now, he will be with his parents. But no. Someone broke into the house. It’s the cops and some of their neighbours. They catch them and they were already punished by their sins.

Lucas was sent to the hospital due to major bleeding and luckily he was safe. Lucky for everyone, not him. He stays with his grandfather, who really loves him. But God loves his grandfather more, it’s only 4 months he stays with him. He is still in the traumatic state, where he can’t really let anyone touch him, even his grandfather. Since that day, he’s been trying to commit suicide. At least he knew he can be with his parents later. But after several tries, he knows it’s not gonna work this way. So he became so cold. So monstrous to some people, especially in school. But most of the time, he is not the one who started it first. Most of them trying to pick him because he look weak, but actually he isn’t. He gets taller day by day, muscular and inherited both of his parents beauty. Height and muscles from his parents, body features from his mom. But no one ever want to talk to him cause they knew he is not the kind of person to mess with. Only Ten brave enough to greet him and he knows Ten is a good person. But deep down, he wants to be normal again. He wants to be the kid once he was. He wants to have a lot of friend like other teenagers did. But it’s hard for him. It’s hard to open up.

Jungwoo is already crying and he try his hard not to let the soft whimpering sound came out from him. Lucas on the other hand, still looks so cold and numb. This is the first time he open up about his past, to a stranger that he met yesterday. He still have the cold gaze but deep in his heart, he is already bleeding. Soulless. His heart became so cold until he can’t even cry anymore. He looks at Jungwoo. Jungwoo still put his head low, wiping his tears like a kid. “I’m sorry to make you hear this..” Lucas trembling voice broke the silent. Lucas starts to feel like there is no reason why he has to tell Jungwoo about his story but he seems it’s worth it. Without any hesitation, Jungwoo hug Lucas softly and Lucas was shocked by the little boy action. “Lucas hyung?” His little sob is still there. “Yeah?” Lucas sounds unsure so his voice sounds like a whisper. “ I want you to know that, in this world… you are not alone, hyung.” Jungwoo sobs and Lucas can feel his shirt starting to get wet. “I want you to know that, there are always help for people like you. Okay?” Jungwoo Lucas back softly and Lucas find it, calming. He has been longing for a shoulder to lean on, for a body to hug with, an ear to listen to him, and now he really think he found the inner peace that he wants. Without he realize, his tears starts to drip, one by one. “Thank you, Jungwoo.” Lucas left a whisper but he knows Jungwoo heard him. “No, thank you hyung..” Lucas is confused. “For what?” “For letting me be the ears for you.” And they stay on that position for more like 15 minutes or more.