Kindness for Kindness

Be Warmed

2 days after the incident, Jungwoo’s face is still there in Lucas head. He still can’t forget how Jungwoo smiles at him sweetly at him, he wonder if Jungwoo already dates anyone? What the I shouldn’t think about that, know your lanes Wong Yukhei. It’s already 12 pm and he still didn’t even move from his bed and know he didn’t know what to do. Should I meet him? No way… stop. Lucas is having a war with his own brain. Being suspended never feel this hard. So after all the brain vs body battle, he decided to take a shower then went out to find some food to eat. It’s been a long time I didn’t cook for myself when he saw a supermarket. Without thinking twice he just enter the supermarket, wandering around because have no idea what to buy for his lunch. What should I buy?? Uhh this is frustrating.. he was in deep thought when someone tap his shoulder. His eyes grows bigger than ever and now he didn’t know what to do. “Hi.” Jungwoo waving at him while smiles cutely. The gap between them is too close but Jungwoo acts like he saw Lucas from afar. “Oh hi…” Lucas greet awkwardly. “Are you looking for some things?” Jungwoo asked curiously. Lucas rub the back of his neck. “Yeah, I still didn’t know what to buy yet.” Jungwoo looks at Lucas wondering what he should do for him to repay his kindness for saving his lives. “Lucas-ssi, if it’s okay for you… Can I cook for you today?” Jungwoo asked politely.

“ WHAT?” Lucas shouted at him and Jungwoo flinched at his voice. “Yeah.. I want to cook for you, at least there something I can do for you to repay your kindness for saving my lives.” Jungwoo pleading with his sad puppy eyes. Lucas still in the state of mental battle again today and he didn’t know what to say. “ Okay if you say so…” That’s the only thing that came out from Lucas mouth.  And Jungwoo stomp his feet happily and giggle. “Thank you Lucas-ssi!” and without he realize he drag Lucas hands to the wet foods centre. I wonder what is his favourite food..  “Lucas-ssi, what is your favourite food?” Lucas surprised by the sudden question, it feels like someone want to get to know him but he shrugged the thoughts away. “ Everything is okay with me, really. I eat almost everything.” Jungwoo nodded “So everything is okay right?” Lucas nods while smiling shyly. “Okay.. let see…” Lucas follows Jungwoo while the smaller boy taking some vegetables and some meat, and some other things that Lucas never seen before. “ Okay I’m done..” Jungwoo smiling again. “Okay I’ll pay for it…” Lucas takes all the things Jungwoo was holding and Jungwoo is confused for unknown reason.

Jungwoo didn’t want to argue cause he is not that kind of person so he let Lucas pay for it. After the paying session is done, Jungwoo want to help to carry some things but Lucas won’t let him, and he walk a little bit slow than Lucas does cause he feels like it’s not good  interrupt someone personal space, he guess. “ Lucas-ssi, are we going to cook at your house or mine?” Jungwoo asked while look at Lucas face. “Whatever u choose…” Lucas smiles awkwardly. “Then let me cook this at my house then!” Jungwoo jump in front of him. “Is it okay for you to come to my house?” Jungwoo asked again, afraid of Lucas being uncomfortable. “Umm, I don’t know…” Lucas avoid Jungwoo eye contact. “Okay how about we cook at your house?” Jungwoo ask again. “What?” Lucas looks really confused. Jungwoo smiles. “If it’s okay for you, cause u doesn’t look comfortable when I mention my house..” Jungwoo didn’t want to sounds rude but he wants Lucas to be comfortable with him. “Okay then, but sorry if my house is not that good..” Lucas says with a small voice. “I’m okay with everything Lucas-ssi.” It takes about 10 minutes to arrive at Lucas house or more likely, an apartment. They used a lift and Lucas apartment is the 5th floor, both of them being awkwardly quiet; Lucas looking at the plastic bags while Jungwoo playing with the hem of his long sleeved light blue shirt. When the lift door opens, Jungwoo was surprised on how fancy Lucas apartment door looks. It’s a shiny gold door with a silver doorknob and he use passcodes too. “Wow, I never thought it would be this nice..” Jungwoo says with a small voice and Lucas smiles at his cute reaction. “ Sorry if it’s a little bit messy in here…” Jungwoo just smiled but never expect it to be THAT MESSY. Full of shirts and jeans on the floor cause Lucas didn’t have any heart to fold his clothes. Lucas smiles awkwardly and Jungwoo is still standing there looking at the situation. “ I think it’s a bad idea to brought you here…” Lucas said with full honest cause he knows Jungwoo would judge him too like the others did but suddenly Jungwoo folds his shirt sleeves. “ I think I’m gonna help you..” Jungwoo says while smiling. “Wait what..NO! You’re my guest you can’t…”but Jungwoo already starts to picked up the clothes and put it in once place so he can fold the clothes. “Wait what are you doing, Jungwoo-ssi?” Lucas looks surpised by Jungwoo sudden action. Jungwoo laughs. “I’m folding your clothes, Lucas-ssi.” “But why?” Lucas still confused and he didn’t know what to do. “ I’m a neat person, Lucas-ssi. I’m the kind of person who likes to help people, so I feel grateful you’ve save my live, so I return the same thing but in a smaller and simpler way..” Jungwoo said smiling, while focusing in his folding works. “Thank you.” Lucas says while sitting beside Jungwoo. “It’s nothing Lucas-ssi, you did more than I did.” Jungwoo says while smiling.