I'm All Ears For You

Be Warmed

After the folding clothes session, Jungwoo start to do some cooking for Lucas. At first, Lucas want to help Jungwoo because he still feels guilty about the whole clothes incident, but Jungwoo didn’t want him to help cause he thinks if Lucas help him in this, it won’t feel special. At first, Lucas was taken aback when he said it’s special but shrugged those thoughts cause maybe Jungwoo didn’t actually mean that way. So, Lucas standing beside the refrigerator which is smaller than he is. He’s watching Jungwoo from the back, waiting for Jungwoo to ask for some help, but he didn’t. He never met anyone so independent and neat at the same time, cause the difference between him with Jungwoo is he thinks he is an independent man but problematic and unorganized, while Jungwoo is the opposite; except he didn’t know if Jungwoo still lives with his family or else. Lucas was so deep in thought until he saw Jungwoo was holding a hot pot to be served on the table. “Let me do that…”Lucas offering. “Okay here you go…” There he makes some noodles with some meat and vegetables. This is better than any ramyun and kimbap I guess. “Please give some honest compliments, it’s my first time trying that recipes.” Jungwoo take a sit in front of Lucas. When Lucas takes a sip of the meat broth, he is in awed. It takes like his mother’s broth that she always make for him when he was a kid. “Is it okay…?” Jungwoo biting his lips, feeling super nervous. “This is the best, Jungwoo-ssi. Thank you.” Lucas can’t help it but smile genuinely at the smaller boy. “Oh thank god it’s good…” Jungwoo smiles while clapping his hand. “I already met some extra of it so you can eat it anytime you want…” Jungwoo is already standing up. “I have to go now, Lucas-ssi. Have a good day.” Jungwoo politely bows to him.

Jungwoo already make way to the door until Lucas speak up, “ Can you join me for a while…” Lucas hope Jungwoo hears it, and he did.  “Can I…?” Jungwoo asked. Lucas nodded and quickly go to the kitchen and take some for him. “Here.” Lucas handed the pot and Jungwoo mouthed ‘thank you’ to Lucas while walking to the table. Both of them are quiet, just a slurping noodle noise among them, they didn’t even steal glances to each other cause it’s naturally awkward right now and they didn’t even know why. “So, how old are you Jungwoo-ssi??” Jungwoo mouth was full of noodle and he chokes a little at the sudden question and Lucas panicked. “You okay..?” Jungwoo nods. “I’m 18 this year. You?”  Jungwoo asked full of curiosity. Lucas smiles “I’m one year older than you.” Jungwoo is shock so he stand up and bow to Lucas. “No! It’s okay” Lucas surprised by his action. Then they become quiet again. “So, Lucas hyung… you live alone?” Lucas never thought that question came out from Jungwoo but oh well he’ll knew sooner or later of course. “Yeah I live alone since 13. My parents died when I was 12.” Jungwoo regrets for being a dumb to ask that kind of question. “Sorry, I don’t mean to ask…” Jungwoo put his head down to avoid eye contact cause he scared Lucas would be mad at him. “No, it’s okay… U didn’t know.” Lucas fake a smile. Lucas suddenly feels so emotional that he almost cry and he didn’t even know why and Jungwoo is in shock. “Lucas hyung, I’m sorry I don’t mean to ask you that I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings..” it’s Jungwoo’s turn to cry right now cause he feels so stupid. Lucas shaking his head “No.. it’s not your fault.” Lucas wipes his tears away and laughed at it. “It’s been a long time I have some companion to eat with.” Lucas said while looking at his hands.  Jungwoo is confused. “You didn’t have any friends at school?” Jungwoo asked but he close his mouth later cause it came out accidentally and he didn’t mean to sound, sarcastic.

“School is a hell for me. The people never accept me for what I am and love to play jokes on me, especially about my parents.” Lucas sighing reminded all the bad things he did at school. Jungwoo never thought Lucas has been through all this alone and he feels sad. Jungwoo looks at his feet cause he feel like he is the reason Lucas cry today. You’re so stupid Kim Jungwoo u made someone cry today. Suddenly he feels Lucas touching hand, he flinched at the sudden touch. “Can you.. be my ears today?” Jungwoo loss at words but smiling while his tears dropping. “ I’m all ears for you today, hyung.”