Table Banging

Daydream [Oneshot Dump]

A short one i wrote today! A fluffy one ~


 

Sungjong was about to break something. Preferably the object of his frustration.

The stupid TV remote. Every time he came to Myungsoo's house he reminded his stupid friend to finally change the batteries, and Myungsoo would be like “yeah I will”, but then he always forgot.

So, when trying to watch some mindless dramas while Myungsoo worked on his master's thesis, Sungjong would have to enter into a one on one battle with the remote whenever he wanted to change the channel.

(Next time Sungjong would bring batteries, he was done trusting Myungsoo on this subject).

“Come on, you piece of ,” he muttered to himself, banging the remote on the table a few times. He pressed the button, but nothing. Usually this would work.

He did it again, and still nothing.

“Are you ing serious?”

He banged it even harder down on the coffee table, surely leaving dents (but it was an old ugly coffee table any ways, Myungsoo had gotten it for free from someone wanting to throw it away).

“Hey,” Myungsoo was still glued to the laptop's screen, editing the layout of his master's thesis. “Don't be mean to the remote, would you like it if I banged you on the table?”

Sungjong froze, cheeks growing a little red as his minds went places. The only sounds was the droning of the TV and the occasional keyboard clacking.

“I- I don't know the answer to that.” He must have sounded a little embarrassed, as Myungsoo finally looked up.

Realisation dawned in the deep brown eyes Sungjong liked so much, cheeks turning crimson.

“I mean,” Sungjong continued. “Maybe? Maybe I wouldn't mind.” He definitely did not mind, had sported the biggest crush on Myungsoo ever since they met a year ago at a coffee shop, where they had had to share a table. Myungsoo had been working on his thesis then too.

And, Sungjong had definitely entertained the thought of- well, being banged against a table by Myungsoo. Maybe not this table, but in general? Definitely.

Myungsoo still looked frozen, and extremely horrified.

. Perhaps Sungjong shouldn't have said maybe. Now Myungsoo would know. He should probably play it off as a joke, but Sungjong was tired of hiding how he felt. On the other hand, his friendship with Myungsoo was more important than his own romantic feelings.

“I'm-“ Myungsoo finally spoke, “I didn't mean it-“

“I know.” Sungjong jumped in, body stiff. “I shouldn't have said-“

“No!” Myungsoo sounded desperate, had leaned forward and nearly dropped the laptop resting in his lap, but quickly put it on the coffee table. “I- I wouldn't mind it either. Like, maybe after a few dates. And, you know- Uh.”

“Oh.” Sungjong bunched up the fabric of his t-shirt in his hand. “Are you asking me out?”

Myungsoo nodded, confidently despite his flaming cheeks.

“Then yeah, let's do that.” Sungjong couldn't fight the way his lips widened into a grin. “But do I have to wait until after a date before we can cuddle or could we cuddle now?”

Myungsoo threw one look at his laptop, then back at Sungjong. “We've been cuddling for a year already, I think it's fine.” He opened his arms wide and Sungjong melted into the hug.

To be honest, he had been waiting all evening for this. For Myungsoo to finally put away his laptop and cuddle with him. Cheekily he threw his legs over Myungsoo’s thighs and placed his head in the crook of the neck.

“You really need to buy batteries for your remote though,” Sungjong said, having already forgotten his plan of buying the batteries himself. “Even if it was helpful, for once.”

“Helpful?”

“Yeah, made us both confess. Kinda. At least we know you want to bang me against the table.”

“Sungjong!” Myungsoo sounded embarrassed, yet was laughing. “Not until after a few dates, at least.”

Sungjong hummed and closed his eyes, inhaling the familiar and comforting scent of Myungsoo. He wondered what they would do on their dates, but he didn't care much. As long as Myungsoo was there it would be perfect, no matter what they did.