Hufflepuffs are not weak

Daydream [Oneshot Dump]

A small hogwarts au ficlet!

 


 

That was it!

Everyone kept trashtalking Hufflepuffs and Sungjong had had enough!

This ends here and now. He can't bear to look at another annoyed or hurt expression flicker over his friend's face.

With a deep scowl and his fingers tightly around his wand, Sungjong got up from where he was sitting in the courtyard and marched over to the couple of seventh years snickering.

“Hey s,” he called loudly, pointing his wands at the two. He didn't care they were a year older, Sungjong in general wasn't afraid of anything and definitely not two smug Gryffindors.

Both of the guys blanched; it was widely known to not with the pretty boy from Slytherin.

“Um. Hi-“ One of the guys said, but Sungjong glared harder and he shut up.

“Tell me, what are you laughing so hard about?” It was spoken in a sneer.

The guys seemed to have realised their mistake as they went even paler.

“Tell me or I will hex your balls off.”

“We were just laughing about how Nam Woohyun tripped and fell in the great hall this morning,” one of them squeaked out.

“That's not all, is it?”

“I swear it's all-“

“So you,” he nodded at the taller of the two, “weren’t just mocking Myungsoo for being scared in Defence Against Dark Arts. I guess I must have heard wrong then, hmm?” He wanted so badly to punch both of them.

“Well,” the taller guy reddened. “You know Hufflepuffs are kinda weak, it's nothing personal-“

“Hufflepuffs are not weak and I won't accept you slandering the man I love. If I hear you breath another word about him or his house I will hex you so bad you'll fly out of Earth's hemisphere.” It was not an empty threat and the guys knew. “Now ing scram.” They scrambled up on their feet and ran inside the castle before Sungjong could count to ten.

Good. Hopefully they'll tell others to shut up too, he couldn't keep going around threatening students like this forever. He sighed, allowing himself to smile at how silly the Gryffindors had looked as they ran, and pocketed his wand again.

Maybe he would-

“Sungjong.”

Oh bloody hell.

Sungjong whipped around, coming eye to eye with the way too handsome (and kind of dorky) Myungsoo.

“How much of that did you hear?” He tried to keep a neutral face, but his voice had softened considerably. 

Myungsoo's cheeks turned red, but his gaze was unwavering. “Most of it, even the part about you loving me.”

Well. . No need to keep it a secret then.

Ignoring his own blushing cheeks, Sungjong shrugged. “Yeah, I'm in love with you.” He too did not let his gaze waver, even if he would get rejected he wouldn't be ashamed of the love he felt for Myungsoo.

Myungsoo was the sweetest person in the world, and had always looked at Sungjong with affection and care. People say a lot of bull about Hufflepuffs being wimps, yet Myungsoo was the only one who had never looked at him with fear. Having parents convicted of murder, both having gotten the Kiss, had meant every student had looked at him with distrust as if he was of bad blood. It had hurt his eleven year old heart when he had started at Hogwarts. He could barely even remember his own mother, having grown up with his Aunt and her muggle husband.

Yet Myungsoo, just a few months into Sungjong's first year, had ruffled Sungjong's hair and treated him normally.

The reason Sungjong had never confessed to the seventh year was because he was sure Myungsoo regarded him as a younger brother and nothing romantic could come of it.

“Sungjong.” Myungsoo's voice was soft and loving, as it usually was when they talked, and he took a step forward to caress a cheek. “I'm in love with you too.”

Sungjong's heart momentarily stopped. “Oh.” He had not expected this.

“Can I kiss you?” Myungsoo asked. They stood in the courtyard which was filled with students up the late autumn sun. Sungjong nodded and briefly a pair of lips pressed against his in a sweet, innocent kiss.

It wasn't enough and Sungjong chased the lips, indulging in a deeper, longer kiss. When they parted both were breathing heavily, hands on Sungjong's hips and Sungjong's hands tangled in thick, black hair.

“You can't keep threatening the other students though,” Myungsoo chastised softly; he was a head boy after all. “Stop playing into the false view they have of you.”

“For you it's worth it.” Sungjong had gotten some really loyal and loving friends in Slytherin over the years, and as long as he had them and Myungsoo by his side he didn't give a crup's on what others thought of him. They had never treated him well anyways.

“I should scold you,” Myungsoo laughed softly. “But you're being too cute.” He leaned forward and stole another kiss.

The rest of the day Sungjong wore a big smile and was b with fluttering feelings, uncaring of the many weirded out looks he got.