Meeting in the Dark

Daydream [Oneshot Dump]

just a small thing i wrote, with a kind of fantasy setting i guess?

warning; mentions of mpreg
 


 

A meeting in the dark, both figuratively and literally. It could be a trap, could mean death, but it was a risk he had been willing to take.

Sounds of branches snapping and trees rustling had surrounded Kim Myungsoo the moment he stepped into the dense, dark forest; a mere lamp helping him find his bearing.

As a child he had been deathly afraid of the dark, but as an adult with massive responsibilities ahead he knew this was the best option for the future of his country.

A meeting with the Rebel Prince.

One would think the future king would easily be able to set up a meeting with one of the leaders of the country's biggest rebel group, and maybe it would have if Myungsoo had gone throught the right channels; because there had been mediation attempted in the past.

But Myungsoo had not gone through the right channels, and had instead operated in the shadows and pulled strings with the help of his most loyal friends and servants.

And now, in the dead of night, he had snuck out of the castle to meet at a cabin in the woods.

He would fear for his life, yet he knew there would be nothing to gain from killing him. Not when there had been a standstill of sorts, between the humans and the magicals. If he was killed by a magical, and especially the son of the Rebel Queen herself, it would mean his own father would carry out executions towards magicals. Myungsoo knew his father's thought process well.

The cabin was before him, light shining from the window. Myungsoo braved himself and sent a small prayer to the gods before he opened the door and stepped inside.

It was a small cabin and therefore he was immediately welcomed to the sight of a hooded figure sitting by a round table, a lamp in front of him.

“Sit,” the hooded figure said, in a surprisingly soft and beautiful voice.

Myungsoo nodded politely and sat down, placing a hand on the table.

“So, why does the crown prince wish to speak to me?”

It could still be a trap, and the man before could be an imposter.

“How do I know you're the Rebel Prince?”

A scoff sounded from the hooded man. “By the gods, I hate that nickname.” As he spoke, the hood slid off his head and revealed a set of piercing grey eyes. “Call me Sungjong.”

The colour of his eyes was the only confirmation he needed, yet Myungsoo was at a loss of words; knowing he was to meet a wolf creature, he had had this image of a scruff, hairy guy, but the vision which met him couldn’t be further away.

Soft, pale skin with pink lips, a pretty nose, and wide, beautiful eyes. The only hairy thing about him was the mop of shiny, dark brown hair on top of his head and Myungsoo's fingers twitched from the urge of wanting to find out if it felt as silky as it looked.

“You seem convinced.”

The sweet, angelic voice fit the face.

“Yes,” Myungsoo breathed in deeply, glad he had found his words but feeling awkward about his next question. “Forgive me for being rude, but it is of importance; are the rumours true about you being able to carry children?” He had summoned all the regal training he had gotten since he was a child, keeping his face stoic and voice neutral.

Sungjong rose an eyebrow, but did not seem surprised. “Yes. My nature would make it possible for me to become pregnant.”

Good. Then this trip wasn't for nothing. “I have a proposal to make, and it may sound improper, but I hope you'll consider it-“

“You want for us to marry, am I correct?”

It was obvious Sungjong had gotten a lot of the same training as he had, spilling no personal emotions into the assumption. It was business, and emotions did not fit.

“Yes, I think it would be a symbolic gesture which can begin a healing process for our nation and between our people. With a magical in the castle, it would show the beginning of a new future.”

“And it's convenient due to you having no interest in women.”

Myungsoo was taken aback, his posture and expression slipping for a mere second. “Yes, I can't lie, but it is not why I have reached this decision. I truly want to start a new era for this Kingdom.”

“And what would your father say of this?”

“He is dying, I am already King in any sense of the word except officially. There is not much he can do.”

“And my mother will surely agree to this. She wants our people to be safe.” Sungjong seemed to be musing, eyes a little hazy as he briefly went deep into his thoughts. Then his eyes focused on Myungsoo. “I agree. For the betterment of this nation.”

Relief swept through Myungsoo’s body, but his expression did not falter. “Great. Of course, we’'l have to carefully plan this, and the upcoming wedding. So it would be great if we could continue to meet here the next nights?”

Sungjong nodded. “It's a deal.”