Confession or proposal?

Daydream [Oneshot Dump]

Based on this

 



This was it. It was ride or die, at this point.

Myungsoo would finally confess to Sungjong. After three long years of quietly watching by the sidelines as Sungjong went on dates with men and had brief relationships with some of them.

Though Myungsoo valued their friendship deeply, he needed to finally get this off his chest. And today was the day.

He breathed in deeply and rang the bell of Sungjong's apartment. They lived across each other, had done so for the past four years.

The door opened and Sungjong's sweet and youthful face lit up in a delighted surprise. “Oh hey Myungsoo! Thought you were busy with work today?”

“I just finished,” he said quietly. 

“Cool. Wanna come in? I¨m making food and I'll happily share with you.”

An angel. Lee Sungjong was an angel who always would invite Myungsoo over for food. It was no wonder he had fallen for this man. 

“No, I'll be quick.” It was better to confess like this, so Myungsoo could go back to his apartment if everything went badly. 

“Oh?” Sungjong tilted his head to the side.

Myungsoo took a deep breath. “Lee Sungjong,” he started, his voice growing stronger. “Do you... Do you want to go out with me?”

Realisation seemed to hit the younger man and he did not speak for several seconds, his eyes a little wide and mouth partly open. 

Myungsoo waited patiently.

“I-” Sungjong bit his bottom lip. “I need to think about this.”

“Of course.” Myungsoo tried to smile to his best ability, despite his chest tightening in nervousness and he went back to his own apartment, sitting there quietly and waiting. 

Two hours. It took two hours before he heard his own doorbell and Myungsoo jumped up, his heart hammering as he knew this would be the defining moment. Either accepted or rejected. 

Whatever it ended with, at least he finally confessed.

Unsurprisingly Sungjong stood right outside, a pleasant smile on his face.

A smile was a good sign, yet Myungsoo did not dare to hope.

“I've thought about it,” Sungjong started. His lips stretched into a wide grin. “And yes I will marry you!”

Wait, marry?

Myungsoo had not said anything about marriage. 

Yet, before he could speak he had thin arms wrapped around his neck and a lithe body against his. 

His mind was wiped clean and this was why, weeks later, he found himself sitting together with Sungjong as they planned their wedding.

And if Myungsoo was to be honest, he didn't quite mind this.

Misunderstanding or not, he definitely wanted Sungjong by his side for the rest of his life.