A Call

Daydream [Oneshot Dump]

Based on this

 


 

The eerie silence was broken by a shrill ringtone, which echoed loudly in the abandoned hall.

Of all times to get a call.

Sungjong sighed loudly and released the bag he was busy dragging, straightening up and feeling his back protest. He honestly should work out a little, his muscles were not used to this kind of heavy lifting.

He fished out the phone, the face of his boyfriend greeting him. It was enough for his lips to unconsciously widen into a bright smile and with a small tap he accepted the call, pressing the phone against his ear.

“Hey,” Sungjong breathed out, trying to contain his emotions a little; his boss had for sounding like a lovesick fool whenever he talked with or about Myungsoo.

“Hey babe, what are you up to?” Myungsoo's voice was calm and full of affection. Sungjong tried to stop his heart from bursting in his chest.

“Uhm.” He looked around him, seeing the pools of blood and body parts still strewn about; he had a lot of cleaning up to do. “I'm just finishing up a little project, but I'll come by later.” He murmured, a hand on his lower back soothing the sore muscles. “If you want me to,” he added quickly.

“You should drop by. Maybe stay the night,” Myungsoo suggested. “I miss you.”

“You saw me two days ago.” Sungjong refused to admit he had missed his boyfriend too. “But yeah, I have no work tomorrow so I can spend the night.”

“Perfect! I'll prepare dinner.”

“Sounds romantic,” Sungjong nearly cooed; he was glad the only people around were dead, he would never be able to live down the sappiness in his voice.

“Mm, it will be,” Myungsoo promised. “Good luck on your project.”

“Thanks, see you in a few hours.” Sungjong ended the call, grimacing as he noticed the blood stains on his phone.

Well, he would have to clean it after finishing this job.

Sungjong sighed and grabbed the huge bag again, starting to drag it towards the containers with acid.

He should ask his boss for his own clean-up crew; torturing, killing, and cleaning up was too much work for one man.

At least the conversation with his sweet boyfriend gave him a small boost, and no amount of heavy lifting and dirty messes could wipe the smile away from his face the rest of the work day.