A Furry Rumour

Daydream [Oneshot Dump]
It was incredibly embarrassing, yet Sungjong was not one to back down easily. With a sigh he finished his outfit by placing a cat eared headband upon his head.
 
Choker with a bell? Check.
 
Cat tail? Check.
 
A leather outfit matching the theme? Check.
 
Honestly, Sungjong would admit he looked kind of cute in this getup, but it didn't make it any less embarrassing.
 
With one more sigh he stepped back and opened the bathroom door, heart pounding as he settled down on the bed he had been told was the correct one.
 
He was sitting in the shared dorm room of Kim Myungsoo and Lee Sungyeol, the latter having been kind enough to give him access so he could execute his plan.
 
Kim Myungsoo was the man on campus Sungjong had been sporting a crush on for months now, and despite having tried so many times to drop hints to the ridiculously dense man, nothing had worked. In the end, Sungjong had realised he had to do something drastic.
 
Aided with the rumour around campus, of Myungsoo being into some weird weaboo and having a thing for people in cat-like getups, Sungjong had decided to commit. It wasn't a kink he personally was into, but at this point he was more than willing as long it meant he bagged the gorgeous man.
 
The sound of a key being inserted into the door pulled Sungjong out his thoughts and he quickly arranged himself, going for a cat-like pose.
 
With his heart threatening to burst out of his chest, he schooled his face to look as calm and suave as possible even if a storm was raging inside him.
 
The door opened wide, with Myungsoo taking a step inside before he halted. With eyes wide and mouth ajaw, he stared directly at Sungjong.
 
Sungjong put on the small, yet confident smile he had practiced many times, knowing it made him appear ier.
 
Finally Myungsoo moved, looking nearly panicked as he slammed the door shut behind him and leaned onto it. His eyes were wide, looking at Sungjong from top to bottom.
 
“Sungjong?” He coughed awkwardly. “What are you- How- um?” His face was red.
 
It was definitely up to Sungjong to make a move, so he got up from the bed and took the few steps up to the other man. Carefully he placed his hands on the shoulders and his lips. He could see Myungsoo's adam's apple bob as he gulped nervously.
 
Leaning closer, Sungjong daringly a stripe on the strong neck, feeling glee as he heard the gasp from the other man.
 
“,” Myungsoo whispered.
 
Sungjong leaned back, still smiling, and tilted his head: there was no way this dense man hadn't realised Sungjong's intentions.
 
“You-“ Myungsoo gulped again. “So-uh- you like me?”
 
A genuinely happy smile erupted on Sungjong's face; he finally got it! After months and months of trying, finally his crush had understood.
 
“But-“ Myungsoo his lips nervously. “Why are you dressed like that?”
 
Sungjong's eyebrows furrowed and he took a step backwards. “Aren't you into this stuff?”
 
“What?” At this moment Myungsoo seemed absolutely horrified. “Who said that?”
 
“Literally everyone? There's a rumour you're into cat cosplay.”
 
The sound of a hand hitting a forehead sounded. “Oh god.” Though Myungsoo’s face was hidden behind his hand, the tips of his ears were a violent shade of red.
 
It was actually making Sungjong feel concerned. “You okay?”
 
“It's-“ He looked up, face resembling a tomato. “I can't believe there is a rumour that I'm a furry.”
 
“Furry?”
 
“It's- Well, people who are into that,” Myungsoo pointed at the cat hairband.
 
“Oh!” Sungjong was hit with realisation. “So this isn't your kink?”
 
Myungsoo shook his head, looking strangely small. As if he wanted to sink into a black hole. “You thought-“
 
“Well, I asked Sungyeol and he said it was true, so.” Sungjong had to fight not to laugh like an idiot.
 
“God damn it Sungyeol,” he cursed through gritted teeth.
 
It was honestly very amusing. “So I got dressed up like this for nothing?” Sungjong sighed dramatically. “I should have gone for being instead.”
 
“Na-?”
 
Sungjong smiled mischievously. “Mhm, would you like that?”
 
“I-um.” Myungsoo sputtered awkwardly. “You- Isn't it too-uh-fast?”
 
“Fast? I've dropped hints for months, waiting for you to understand that I like you.”
 
“Oh.”
 
“Yeah. ‘Oh’.”
 
A few moments of silence followed.
 
“So?” Sungjong looked at Myungsoo in question.
 
“So?”
 
“What do you feel about me?”
 
“Oh.” Myungsoo paused and smiled sheepishly. “I thought it was obvious, I've been in love with you since high school.”
 
Sungjong froze. “High school? We went to the same high school?”
 
“Yeah, but I was quiet and one of the nerds and well-“ He breathed in. “Yeah.”
 
Okay, now Sungjong was feeling a little ashamed; he had been crushing so hard on Myungsoo for months, yet hadn't realised they went to the same high school. He honestly felt bad.
 
“So when you started talking to me I thought you were just being nice because you and Sungyeol were friendly,” Myungsoo carded a hand through his thick hair.
 
“No I befriended him to get closer to you,” Sungjong said bluntly.
 
“Oh,” Myungsoo cleared his throat. “So, can we go for a coffee one day?”
 
“Or you could have me right here, on the bed?” Sungjong wasn't known for being particularly patient and pining for months had left him a little desperate. “Even if this isn't a kink, this leather outfit is kind of y, right?” He stepped closer, pressing his lithe body against Myungsoo's surprisingly sturdy one.
 
“Yeah,” Myungsoo breathed out, mouth slightly open and eyes glued to Sungjong's lips. His eyes snapped up and firm hands grasped Sungjong’s shoulders, pushing him away. “But I don’t want to- I want more than .”
 
So did Sungjong, but he wasn't going to be an and pressure Myungsoo in any way. “Okay, let's go out for a coffee tomorrow?”
 
A sweet smile took form on Myungsoo's face and his eyes sparkled; it made Sungjong's knees a little weak and his heart did a somersault. “Yes, I'd love to.”
 
“Great!” Sungjong stole a short kiss from Myungsoo's lips. “Now, could I borrow your bathroom to change?”
 
Myungsoo nodded enthusiastically. “Of course!”
 
A couple of dates later Sungjong finally got Myungsoo where he wanted him and soon after they went official.
 
The furry rumour never stopped, and it didn't help when even Sungjong would sometimes play on it while in public because he loved how goddamn cute Myungsoo looked with red cheeks.