Battle

Betrothed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days passed by and Eunsook continued her training. Sometimes Jonghyun would be there to help her, but most of the times he was on another ground training for his more advanced training. No one outside the palace knew about both the princesses being alive. It was kept secret because of King’s orders. When asked by Jonghyun, King told him how leaking this information might cause potential harm to both of their securities and how after assassination of his best friends he does not want to risk Eunsook and Taeyeaon’s life.

Eunsook was busier than ever, at one side she was learning all the responsibilities which will come to her as Jonghyun’s bride, while on the other hand she was making sure to spend equal time on training grounds to increase her strength along with skill. Eunsook’s birthday also was spent on the training grounds. She did not regret it though; her aim was only avenging her parent’s death now. The proper quality time she spent with Jonghyun would be on her birthday. Jonghyun had come to meet her in evening and they had spent time quietly while holding each other close. After that last time, both got busy with their individual responsibilities.

Few months later, Jonghyun was announced as ruler to Xenia, his father stepping down from his throne. The ceremony was small one to ensure the secret about both princesses remain a secret. After stepping down from the throne, King has spent all his time on training grounds along with Eunsook. Eunsook couldn’t be happier. She had family who helped with everything, who never once discouraged her. She was more determined, and she wanted to kill Minho as soon as she can.

The chance finally came after a year and half. After lots of discussions Eunsook told Jonghyun and his father that she doesn’t want to start a war between Xenia and Lucia. She only wanted to kill Minho, she didn’t want to kill people who didn’t have any fault. She knows how much of coward Minho really is, and if she only asks him for combat she knows he will accept that just prove himself above her.

Jonghyun was against the idea of sending his princess in combat alone with Minho. He was aware how cruel Minho was, he had no respect whatsoever about women and if Eunsook asked him for combat he will make sure not to stick to any rules just to kill her. But then Eunsook assured him that she will not him harm her. And Jonghyun never could distrust his Princess.

So as per the plan Xenia sent a royal message to Lucia. The message was that Princess Eunsook, rightful heir to Xura was safe and sound at Xenia. She wants to take back her kingdom and rather than slaughtering innocent people she would like to take heir of Lucia in combat. If she wins, Lucia will have to let go of Xura and if she loses she will do anything the heir of Lucia pleases.

Jonghyun did not like that last sentence but Eunsook told him how Minho wouldn’t think about anything else if he reads that and he will quickly agree for the combat. After a lot of pestering Jonghyun finally agreed and the message was sent. Now all they were waiting for was the response.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Choi Minho was announced as King of Lucia immediately after assassination at Xura. He wanted to take Eunsook back at his palace after killing King and Queen, but his plan failed after he found both the princesses had already fled the kingdom. His spies were spread overall in Xenia after the same for few days, they couldn’t reach palace because the security was increase ten folds after the assassination at Xura. But his spies all told that no one at Xenia talked about Eunsook or Taeyeon, days and months passed and still no news of any one of them. When Jonghyun was announced King just few days back, a complete year and half later, Minho decided that both were dead. But then today, royal messenger from Xenia came and Minho couldn’t contain his anger. She was alive, safe and more than everything she was still with Jonghyun.

He could still remember that one time when she slammed him in the wall, her hands going straight for her neck. He wasn’t even able to get out of her hold. He was still embarrassed about that fact. That was why he had pulled that stunt of assassination. At first, she was his only dream. He wanted to wed her. He wanted to claim her as his. But then she was promised to Jonghyun. It made him seethe in anger. What was worse though, she seemed to like Jonghyun while she hated Minho. Over everything, she attacked him and threatened to slit his throat if he ever tried to come near her again. That was the reason he killed her parents. He wanted to take her away forcefully and wed her. But everything was messed up now.

His father advised him to deny the offer and announce war against Xenia instead. But Minho was not ready for it. He wanted to prove to her that he wasn’t coward. He had guts and skill, he could pretty much beat her in combat single handedly. Once he beat her though, he would make her regret everything. He was once fascinated by her, but not now. Now all he wanted was to make her suffer, to break her in front of all those people who loved her.

He decided that he will humor her, he sent back the answer and it was decided that their battle will take place after two days, on borders of Xenia and Xura, because he wanted her people to see her dying.

   ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter