I saw an angel

Betrothed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Eunsook finally drifted to sleep, Prince Jonghyun was busy gazing at the portrait of his intended, Princess Eunsook... 


He was aware of betrothal ever since he was of age 5. Although he wasn't aware about it's meaning then, as he got older he found himself feeling more and more curious about said princess who was going to be his bride one day. He was always popular among girls, his charming personality and his kindness was one of the most important reasons for that. And the fact that he was going to be their king one day only added to the popularity. 
Even then he had never shown any interest in any of the girls. At first it was because of the fact that he was betrothed to someone, and he was too honourable to just fool around with someone else while he was promised to a Princess. 


But he was a man after all. And as he got older he wanted to meet this Princess who was promised to him. He had heard so much about this girl. He was aware how people who had seen her claimed that she was prettiest among many, how she was brilliant and kind, how she was just as fierce warrior as he was. But he was more intrigued about the rumours he has heard about her voice. He has heard tells about how her voice was so soothing that anyone would loose himself into it. 


Under allathat facade of being fierce and cocky prince, Jonghyun was really a romantic who always found himself loosing in the lyrics of songs he wanted to compose, if it wasn't for the fact that he was the eldest son then he would have been perfectly happy with his songs. That's why he was kind of happy at the thought that the person who was going to spend their life with him shared same fascination about music. And ever since he came across those rumours, all he wanted was to find that Princess and listen to her voice. 


Jonghyun was so busy with his thoughts that he did not realize his brother was now standing beside him.


Kibum made his way inside his brother's room and he smiled as he made his way beside him. 


"So it's true that you are so smitten with a portrait that you are no longer sad about being betrothed to some unknown Princess?"


Jonghyun turned his gaze from the portrait to his younger brother.


"I wasn't sad about betrothal, not since I met her two years ago at least..."


Jonghyun smiled as his brother gawked at him, surprised with this new information.


"What do you mean you met her? How come I wasn't aware of this???"


Jonghyun's smile got even wider. 


"Well, you do know how I was always curious about all those rumours that I have been listening for past few years about the Princess who was going to be my wife someday, right?" 


Kibum nodded silently as Jonghyun continued, "Well on my 16th birthday I decided that I'm going to meet her and the day after my birthday I went to Xura."


Kibum remembered something, "So while I was busy with hundreds of reasons trying to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter