Aftermath

Betrothed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunsook opened her eyes and felt pain shooting up her whole body. She winced a little and immediately felt someone holding her carefully. She looked up to find Jonghyun with his worried eyes, his hands cupping her face delicately. She tried to smile but squeaked as Jonghyun leaned down and hugged her. He was careful with his arms and his hug wasn’t as tight as she would have liked. She understood his feelings though, he was scared to hurt her more than she already was. She threaded her fingers through his hair when she felt a little moisture on her neck… It all felt like deja-vu, he was scared just like this all those months ago. When she went missing and he found her. Even after all those months, he was still the same. Caring, loving and soft hearted. She wanted to tell him that she was fine, but he pulled away slowly.

His eyes were teary but he still looked so handsome. He slowly kissed her forehead.His hand moved over her face lovingly.

 

“You really scared me Princess. But I’m glad to see you awake. Now you don’t have to worry about everything… You are safe, and from now on you are free… Just focus on taking rest and get better… I need you in my life. Please think about my poor heart and be healthy again..”

 

Eunsook did smile this time and nodded… She held onto his hand and he stayed by her side…

 

“My king, can you sing something for me?? It just hurts a little and I want to rest as you told… Your voice always helps me so will you sing??” Eunsook asked in a little voice and Jonghyun wanted to squeeze her. He would do that some other day, when she is better.

He nodded and started singing for her, as he thought she fell asleep within moments. He smiled at her peaceful face and held onto her hand a bit tighter.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

The next time Eunsook opened her eyes, she felt much better. Jonghyun wasn't there at that time as he had to go back to his kingdom. But his mother was there to nurse eunsook back to her health. During those days Eunsook felt nothing but love from her soon to be monther-in-law. She was just like Jonghyun, soft hearted. She not only took care of Eunsook, but also she kept her company all the time. She talked to Eunsook about so many things and helped her with all her lingering doubts. She even teased Eunsook about how Jonghyun was waiting for her to be alright so he can have her back at Xenia as his wife…

 

That's right, things were finally looking good. So finally, they can get married to each other once eunsook feels healthy enough to take over her responsibilities… She wanted to get married to Jonghyun too… Now that everything was taken care of, it was only fair that she thinks about her and Jonghyun's life…

 

He had always been vocal about how he loved her and how he looked forward to getting married… Now that she thought back to those times, she never told him about her feelings properly… He never asked, and she never told. He had always been the one taking care of her, loving her, pampering her and she wanted to return all of it to him. She wanted to be there for him just as much as he was there for her… A new hunger took place inside her, hunger to keep him happy, to keep him satisfied and to keep him close to her….

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Eunsook was sitting outside her palace inside her garden on one of the benches. Weather was nice and sky was clear. It was evening almost and she was just sitting there thinking about her future… These past days, she had developed a new habit of coming with different scenarios about how her life will be with Jonghyun. And almost always it ended up with her being feeling safe inside his b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter