The talk

Betrothed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Outside the palace, it was quite and little bit cold. Jonghyun was still holding onto her hand, fingers still intertwined. But both didn’t mind. She felt at ease with him.  Actually, it was first time they were meeting each other, and they were nervous. Not sure about how to behave around each other. Jonghyun turned his gaze towards right to stare at source of his undying affection, Lee Eunsook.

She was pretty, he thought. Long hair tied up with few curls framing her round face. Her lips pretty shade of pink while her cheeks still a bit chubby. But what made him smile was her eyes. He felt himself losing a piece of his heart every single time they locked gazes. She still looked like a perfect dream he would have every night, and he realized just how lucky he was that he could call her his.

Just when he was about to say something he felt sudden squeeze on his hand which Eunsook was holding and he realized quickly that she has tripped on a pebble. Before she could fall however, he looped his free arm around her waist and pulled her close so she was now safe in his arms.

Eunsook on the other hand cursed herself softly as she prepared herself for upcoming fall which didn’t come. Instead she felt strong arms looping around her waist as she collided with an equally strong chest.

Why do I have to be like this?? He is going to laugh at me!! She thought sadly. She braced herself and looked up to find dark orbs filled with nothing but genuine care.

“Are you okay Princess? Did you hurt yourself anywhere? Is your ankle fine? ” Jonghyun mumbled so fast and Eunsook felt warmth spreading through her all over again.

If it would have been anyone else, they would have laughed at her. But he was more interested in knowing whether she was fine or not…

She smiled, a little embarrassed, “Yes My Lord!! I’m perfectly fine. I apologize for being clumsy… I couldn’t walk without tripping once. Sorry I’m not that much of graceful princess…”

Jonghyun frowned a little at that. Who told her that she is not graceful?? And why does she sound so sad??

“I have heard enough tells about your grace whenever you are sword fighting, so I don’t doubt it. And about tripping earlier, I don’t find any need for you to apologize. The only thing matter is your safety. And since you are safe, I don’t have any complaints…” He finished his sentence with a kind smile making her heart flutter a little.

Suddenly they both seem to realize that they were still in each other’s arms, Jonghyun’s arms around her tiny waist while her small palms resting on his sturdy chest. She blushed a little as he cleared his throat and let her go slowly.

“I’m sorry my lady, I did not realize that I was touching you without your permission. I did everything just to make sure that you were safe. But I still apologize for my behavior.”

Eunsook gasped. How can he be so polite??? And so kind… If he is really going to be like this with her forever, then this betrothal wouldn’t be so bad…

“It’s fine my lord… No need to apologize. ”

“Let’s just go and sit somewhere so we can talk a little. Is that okay with you Princess?” He asked.

Eunsook nodded shyly and they both made their way to nearby bench.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

For a while they just sat there, gazing at moon. Calming their beating hearts to the normal pace.

“Are you scared of me Princess?” Jonghyun asked some time later.

Eunsook looked at him. Noticing that he was indeed serious, she smiled warmly.

“Scared? Honestly, I’m nervous and curious… About this whole betrothal. I’m scared about the fact that we might be too different from each other to spend whole life together. But I’m not scared of you… I was at first, but not after finally meeting you…”

Jonghyun’s heart warmed at those words. “If it’s any consolation, I’m nervous about this betrothal too… But I’m more curious and excited to be with you for whole life…”

Eunsook gasped at those words… Did he say he wants to spend his life with me? Does he likes me? But how can he like me without even getting to know me? Is it because he said I was pretty?

Eunsook was brought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter