Solar & Moonbyul: How the Sun & Moon were seperated.

The Fairy Tales of The Moon and Sun

Sun and Moon. Two distant objects cyrcling the earthern realm. 

But it wasn't always like that. Millenia ago, sun and moon co-exisisted side by side. Together at the same time.


It was a regular but beautiful day for Solar in heaven so she decided to invite her friends over for lunch. 

"Looking good again, Miss Sun Goddess Kim Yongsun", a voice said from behind her. Yongsun internally groaned. Please not her. "Byulyi. How often do I have to say that you should call me by my other name!" 

"Why should I? It's not like you called me Moonbyul just now", the other goddess replied with a wide grin.

Solar touched her nose bridge in frustration. Scratch the beautiful. It just was a regular, annoying day. Courtesy of Moon Byulyi, the Moon Goddess. 

"Oh come on. You enjoy my company, don't you?", Moonbyul said still grinning like a fool she is.

In fact, she did enjoy her company but she will never admit it in front of anyone, especially Moonbyul.

"Just get lost!", Solar demanded.

Although Moonbyul didn't take it seriously she did it anyways. "See ya around." Before she could go, the sun goddess quickly grabbed her wrist. 

"You're invited to lunch later on", Solar said furiously blushing and soon ran off. 

Moonbyul just chuckled and resumed her way through heaven.

"Hmm. I should drop by at Seulgi once in a while...", she said grinning once again. She knew very well that a certain goddess was watching her from afar.


It was lunch time and everyone gathered at the palace where Yongsun..ehh...Solar lived. 

Despite her status as the Supreme Goddess of the Heavenly Realm she lived quite a modest life opting to live in a apartment by herself rather than in the palace with servants surrounding her.

Beside Byulyi, Solar was joined by her close friends Hwasa (land/flowers), Wheein (storm/sea) and Irene (ethereal beauty) and Irene's friends, Seulgi (dance/arts), Wendy (fortune/compassion), Yeri (mischief/trickery) and Joy (hell).

It began quite good. They were talking about their everyday life and it was generally a good mood until Yeri decided to turn lunch into a game of truth or dare which was absolutely scripted thanks to Wendy manipulating the bottle.

They ended up spilling some secrets of theirs.

From Yeri admitting having a crush on Seulgi and being forced into kissing her a few rounds later to Hwasa announcing that everyone who came too close to Wheein would be brutally murdered, everything was included.

"Kiss her! Kiss her", a few chanted. Byulyi crawled over to Seulgi to give her a kiss. But what they didn't expected was Byulyi kissing Yongsun in the most lovingly kiss they ever witnessed.

After a few moments, their lips parted. Both were lost in their own world and looked at each other with so much love.

Yongsun held her breath when Byulyi's mouth began to move. Is she confesing to me. 

"Merong", Byulyi suddenly said with a smile and proceeded to kiss Seulgi, who was seated besides Solar, in a friendly manner.

When Byulyi made her way back to her place she felt glares piercing her back. And they weren't friendly at all. A terrified goddess turned around and saw a furious sun goddess standing in front of her hands blazing and radiating unbearable heat. 

"You little...", Solar began but restricted herself to start cursing the moon goddess, "here by with the power of the Supreme Ruler of the Heaven I'll banish you to the farthest ends of heaven. Forever!" 

With a movement of her arm, a ring of fire encyrcled Byulyi and created a portal right underneath her. 

"Hey, we could talk it out, right?", Byulyi stammered but Solar didn't have the patience. Byulyi fell through the portal with a scream. "Save me!", she screamed from the other side.

Solar slowly calmed down. The fire slowly extinguishing and the heat disappearing. She took a deep breath and sat down again.

"I think that was kind of too much", Irene said furrowing her brows, "your judgement was too impulsive." She saw Solar throwing her a death glare but Irene didn't care much about that. She did shut up though. She knew Solar slightly too well.

"So...are you serious about forever?", Wheein asked slowly, "maybe she is learning her lessons someday."

"Never ever again!"


Since then Byulyi lived across the heaven bored to death because she couldn't tease Solar all day. 

"I'm soooo bored", she said lying on the ground while looking down on the world beneath her.

Sometimes she would try to sneak back into city just to end up being kicked out off it by Solar herself.

"When do you forgive me?", Byulyi cried from outside.

"Never ever!", Solar responded angry but she had to admit that she did miss the moon goddess but if she let her back in she would just admit this fact. She could imagine that grin on Byulyi's face...

Since then sun and moon were living their seperate ways.


This chapter is based on the tale on how the day-night cyrcle was created in Shintoismn (Japanese Mythology).

The original story was Tsukuyomi killing a goddess of food after witnessing how the food was made (by spitting and coughing up) and Amaterasu was angered and moved away from him. Thus moon and sun are never together at the same time.

Note that Tsukuyomi was Amatersasu's husband.

I wanted a jealous/tsundere Solar so that's basically what came out in the end. 

And to be honest I really don't know if the goddesses...really fit the characters because there are better traits for Hwasa and Wendy and fortune. She is one of the unluckiest person I ever saw.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, leave a comment down below if you want and like always wish you a good day/night.

PS: Merong is a word Irene and Joy used to annoy the heck out off Wendy (watch Peek-A-Boo MV Making).


Hwasa: Wow. That's quite accurate if you ask me. Besides the for eternity.

Wheein: Of course it is. These two are so annoying when they are like this. Acting like a married couple this day then the next day Moonbyul lands on the couch for the next two weeks for no apparent reasons. 

Hwasa: So true. I can remember the last time this happened. Solar pounced on Moonbyul the whole night and then kicked her out because she was too close with Seulgi the next day.

Wheein: Yeah, I can remember it like it was yesterday.

Hwasa: Because it was yesterday...no wonder you wrote it like this.