Moonmeo and Soliet

The Fairy Tales of The Moon and Sun

A long time ago, there were two families who opposed each other since the beginning of the day. These were the Kim and the Moon family who were each the ruler of the houses of Sun and Moon. On a day when servants of the Kims and Moons were involved in a fist fight, the ruling prince of the house of Byun, Baekhyun imposed a law that anyone who breaks the peace in the area would be sentenced to death. 

A short while later Eric Nam a relative speaks with the patriarch of the Kim family, Kim Taehyung to marry his daughter Kim Yongsun. For his daughter's sake Taehyung told him to wait another two years. Eric Nam accepted the proposal and was subsequently invited to the upcoming ball of the Kims. 

"Do I have to marry him mom?", Yongsun asked shyly. She wasn't sure whether she should marry him or not as she didn't really loved him to begin with. She was one of those believers in true love alongside being homoual. So it would natural to decline an offer like that. "It would be for the better of both of us. Our combined power would make sure that peace would be hold upright at any time. Besides our house would be powerful enough to overcome the Moons", replied her mom. "Your mother is right Yongsun. With the Moons out of the way, there's no enemy who could oppose us anymore", her nurse agreed. "But...But Jungkook...err mother! Joohyun! You can't do this to me!" Yongsun was on the verge of crying. Jungkook couldn't stand her daughter crying and took her in her arms. "Don't worry little sun. You still have time to consider." With that Jungkook and Joohyun left the crying Yongsun alone in her chambers. 

Meanwhile another princess, named Moon Byulyi was sulking. "I wish I could see her." These words were spoken over and over again. "Krystal..." Another girl who sat across from her looked at the depressive girl. "Arghh! You are to no use! Stop crying Moon Byulyi!", the girl in the chair screamed. "But Seulgi", the silver-haired girl said, "don't you wanna see the love of your life..." "You saw her for like three seconds!", Seulgi retorted. "But...but...but." "No buts! You're such a miserable person right now", she said. Seulgi tried to calm herself down and thought for a while, "I have a proposal." The sulking girl instantly paid her attention. "Tomorrow the Kims are hosting a ball and you are going to attend it." "You'll so gonna go there!", a voice rang through Byulyi's chamber. The both girls turned to the door where another one stood. "Wheein...", the silver-haired whispered. "Seeing you staying here in your room like a hamster doing nothing is...laughable." After debating for a long time she agreed to visit the Kims' ball to get a glimpse of Krystal.

The day arrived and the Moon princess attended the ball, hiding her identity by wearing a mask and a suit. Moving between the royals of the Kims and the Byuns she soon got a glimpse of Krystal. Her heart began to race but suddenly another girl past her. Both looked at each other with intense stares and Moonbyul's heart just skipped a beat. What is this feeling? It is nothing like I feel for Krystal.

Yongsun wasn't in a better shape. Her heartbeat skipped like a staccato and she was very confused about what she felt right now. What is this...this warm feeling rising in me?

"Greetings my lady", Moonbyul bowed and proceed to kiss the back of one of Yongsun's hand, "I am Mo...Jung Byulyi and who have I to make a acquaintance with?" Flustered from her politeness Yongsun introduced herself. "I am Kim Yongsun of the house of Kim Taehyung. My honor to meet you sir." Both of them exchanged some formalities and got to know each other. Moonbyul lost her original goal in meeting Krystal but was now completely dedicated to this girl named Kim Yongsun.

But their meeting was cut short as Moonbyul was grabbed by the shoulder and her mask quickly ripped of her face revealing to Yongsun that Moonbyul was a handsome girl. Yongsun was left speechless...

"You scum of the Moon family! How did you get in here!", her cousin Kim Seok-Jin exclaimed and was about to draw his rapier to kill Moonbyul but the uproar caused by his scream drew the attention of Taehyung. "Stop it right now Seok-Jin!", he said with authority, "there will be no bloodshed today!" "But she is from the Moon family!", Jin said enraged. "For this night he is allowed to stay per request of the Byuns houses Kang Seulgi." Reluctantly he put his rapier back to his side. "Very well father. I beg for your pardon", he said with a slight angered tone and moved on. While he passed Moonbyul he told her to stay away from Yongsun.

As the ball neared its end, Byulyi left in secret to search for Yongsun who was separated from her after the little incident at the beginning of the evening. Being lead by a faint voice she made her way to Kims orchard. She sneaked through the night when she could hear the voice she wanted to hear loud and clear. Hearing what Yongsun said made her shook. "Oh Moon Byulyi. I thought love at first sight was something of tales but you my lady had me captured from the moment we laid our eyes on each other. I wish I could leave this all behind to be with you and vanish from this place..." The girl in suit heard enough and revealed her presence to the young princess. "Byulyi..." "I, do too, wish to be with you despite our families' hatred." She moved closer to the brunet girl in beige. "Please take my love. I want to spend an eternity with you Kim Yongsun" "Byulyi...", Yongsun whispered. Tears of happiness formed at the corner of her eyes. "I love you too, Moon Byulyi and I will gladly spend an eternity with you." They sealed their love with a passionate kiss under the moonlight.

With these words, Ahn Hyejin, a witness of the conflict between the Kims and the Moons, gave her blessings to both of them in hopes to end the conflict once and for all. Moonsun, how they call each other now, happily spent a day secretly away from their families and lived through the night as if where the end of all.

Meanwhile Jin searched out for Moonbyul, still not convinced that a Moon was invited by his family's ball. Finding her during a walk with, to his surprise, Kang Seulgi, he challenged the girl he looked for to a duel. Instead of accepting the challenge, Moonbyul surprisingly declined it. Instead of calming Jin down, he was even more provoked by her behavior. "You imbecile", he said through gritted teeth. "If you don't accept this duel yourself then I will do it for you!" Byulyi just signed. She thought she could avoid this. Before Jin could draw his rapier or even move his hand, he was knocked out by Seulgi who sneaked off during his whole I hate you-speech. "Thanks Sseul", Moonbyul said with a smile, "I thought I had to kill him because you died trying to calm him down." "I'm not your friend for nothing", the bear said grinning.

Having found the unconscious Jin alongside the culprit Kang Seulgi, the Kim decided Seulgi to be exiled. But Byulyi took all the punishment on herself, convincing the Kims that she was the one who knocked out Jin and not Seulgi, saving the formers image. Yongsun who didn't want Moonbyul to leave her, tried to reason with her after the process but the silver-haired girl stayed unmoving. 

The night before Byulyi had to depart, she sneaked into the chambers of Yongsun. "Byulyi? What...", before she could finish, she was silenced by a kiss. "Yongsun...I...am...sorry for leaving you", the taller said, "just this night..." The princess blushed knowing very well what is about to happen. She dragged the soon-to-be-exiled to her bed and threw her on it and herself on top of it. "You don't know how long I waited for this day", the brunet said, her lips. Byulyi gulped. She never imagined that girl to be that of a type. Yet it turned her on. "Then go on. Take me as long as you can...otherwise I'll going to do it your Lady Sun" "In your dreams Lady Moon."

Over the course of time Yongsun was forced to marry Eric Nam. Any protests of hers fell on deaf ears. Not even her mother who was normally so supportive of her refused to help her and rejected any attempts on delaying or calling off the marriage. Turning to Hyejin for help she was given a potion that would place her in a death-like comatose. Hyejin also promised to sent a messenger to Moonbyul to notify her of Yongsun's plan.

A day before her marriage to Eric Nam she drank the potion falling into her promised coma. As Joohyun found her dead on the floor she let out a loud screech, alerting everyone. One after another stormed into Yongsun's chamber and to their horror discovered the corpse of the girl. They just lost one of their most beloved family member. The house placed her in the family crypt to let her rest in peace without knowing that she was in fact alive.

Meanwhile the messenger never arrived. Instead, Byulyi learned of Yongsun's death from one of her servant, YooA. "No...it can't be possible", Byulyi muttered and she broke down right on the spot. "Yongsun...I...I wanted to live with you for an eternity but I was so selfless and sacrificed myself and our love to save a friend of mine. Forgive me Yongsun." She started to cry and was comforted by YooA and at a later point also Wheein. Sunken in despair she bought a poison. As the apothecary saw Byulyi leaving the house, a head popped out of the backdoor. "Did you really sold poison to her?", a young girl asked. "As if Yeri. It was just water with lemon taste", the seller said. "You're sometime really weird Joy. You know that?" 

After getting her things ready, Moonbyul set out to the Kims crypt ignoring any reasoning coming her way. 

When she arrived there in the morning, she found Eric Nam standing in front of the place Yongsun laid in. "Eric?" The mentioned raised his head, his face clouded with sadness and grief. But as soon he saw Moonbyul his face turned one full of anger. "A vandal!", he raised his voice and drew his dagger, "no one will touch this sacred place!" Suddenly all her sadness forgotten, Moonbyul signed. Why does this happen only to her! And Seulgi is nowhere near either. God Darn. Without any other option, she drew her own dagger. "If you wish to fight", Byulyi said and readied herself, "so shall it be." In the end she managed to knock out Eric instead of killing him. Just like Seulgi did to Jin back then. Chuckling she went to the grave Yongsun was put in. Slowly crouching down, she looked at the beautiful being that died because of her. The silver-haired took out the poison from her pouch and was about to open it, when Byulyi was pulled by the collar, soft lips meeting each other. Then they ran out of air they parted. "Yongsun? I thought you died?", Byulyi said in disbelief. "Not until I have my ways with you Moon Byulyi", the dead princess said while undressing the taller with her eyes. "But..." "Didn't the messenger reached you?", Yongsun asked in confusion and raised from her grave. "Uhh. Nope", the one in question replied, "should have one?" "Damn you Hyejin. Why did you have to make it even more dramatic..." "I think we should get going or something. For stupid reasons I have a bad feeling staying here for any longer...", the exiled proposed and was about to go. "He ain't dead, right?", Yongsun asked and pointed at her 'husband'. "Nah. Just knocked out." With these words Byulyi grabbed the hand of the Kim princess as the sun shone brightly on the summer sky. 
 



"Are you ready, Solar?" "Of course, Moonstar." They were ready to set out. After a whole lot of reasoning on Byulyi's side, she was granted permission to leave under the condition of being disowned. Nevertheless she was granted a lot of money for their search for a place they could live in peace. Now they stood on the hills that overlooked the city they formerly called home. "Do you think there's ever peace in this city?", Yongsun asked who now went by Solar. "If our letter is convincing enough. Yes", replied Moonstar. Both took up new names to erase traces of their past. Taking one last look, they turned around departing for another place while the solar eclipse above took its full course.
 


 
That's it for Romeo and Juliet. Or rather Moonmeo and Soliet. An edition where no one dies unlike the original one. I didn't want to kill Jin, Seulgi, Eric and Moonsun. For the next tale, I'll do Cinderella next or maybe The Ice Queen or Rumpelstiltskin? I'll have to see. Until then I hope you enjoyed this chapter and have a good day/ night. See you next time.
 



"Shouldn't they suppose to die at the end?", Hwasa asked, reading through the summary on Wikipedia.
"Do you want our unnies dead?", Wheein retorted.
"No...But. Oh well"
"See. And I wanted a happy ending anyway. I'm so done with tragic endings.", the puppy said.
"You do realize that you wrote a tragic ending, don't you", the maknae told her when she remembered the first tale.
"..."