Moon Byulyi (Rumpelstilzchen)

The Fairy Tales of The Moon and Sun

Once upon a time, there was a miller who told the king that his daughter was able to weave straw into gold, something that none other could do. The king Eric Nam questioned the validity of this claim and ordered the girl to be taken to a room full of straw.

His order was clear. The girl should weave the straw into gold until the next morning otherwise she will be locked up in a dungeon for eternity or be beheaded in front of a crowd.

The girl, not to keen on getting in these two situations, silently nodded and entered the room. As soon as she heard the door closing behind her she threw herself on the straw. "Of course it had to be me", the girl said annoyed and threw herself on the straw, "how should I turn this into gold." She took some of the straw and threw it into the air. "How troublesome."

It was already past midnight and the miller's daughter was still lying on the straw with eyes wide open. She still thought about how she could get out of this situation. She shortly considered running away but her father would have to take the punishment instead. She absolutely didn't want that to happen although he was the one got her into all of this. 

"Hey beauty", a voice suddenly said. 

The girl jumped up and faced the stranger who was sitting at the window. She thought it was some kind of creep stalking her but she surely didn't expect a pretty girl sitting there. The miller's girl was left breathless at the sight. Silver hair that shimmered in the moonlight and shining blue eyes that was like the depth of the sea itself. "Who are you?", the girl stuttered.

"Just a lonely traveler wandering around helping other people", the stranger replied, "heard you need help."

"Sounds shady to me and how do you know I need help, huh?"

"Honey. You were lying on that straw for awhile now. And your monolog wasn't really quiet either. I heard your rambling five feet under."

"You're weird and creepy. But now be so kind and could you leave. I want to prepare myself for my incoming doom."

"What a shame. Here I thought I could put my skills to use", the stranger said with a pout, "especially for a pretty girl like you."

"What do you mean by that?"

The stranger simply jumped into the room and took some straw. She went over to the spinning machine and began her work. After a few seconds, she showed the other girl strands of pure gold. "There you go. 100% gold." Her grin never once dropped.

Her jaw dropped in shock and she took the gold and looked and it making sure that it wasn't fake but it was indeed pure gold. "But how?", the miller's daughter stuttered in disbelief.

"That's a secret", the stranger said with a wink. "So do you want help or not?"

The girl signed. "I want to live so I guess I have no choice. Go ahead and do your job."

"Very well but under one condition. I'll get this pretty necklace of yours. My services ain't for free, you know."

The blond-haired girl signed and took it of. She threw it at the girl and hit her head. On purpose. "Here, weird one."

"Aish. You're violent", the silver-haired girl said and rubbed her forehead. She picked up the necklace from the ground and put it into her pocket. "I'm surprised to gave up the necklace so easily though."

"It's from my ex. I hate him so much now. Was a complete ."

"Uhhh...Okay, I guess then", the stranger said and began weaving, "gonna take me a while. Make yourself comfortable."

"Yeah, yeah. It's not like I have anything better to do."

 


 

The stranger was half-way through the weaving when she noticed the obvious anxiety, stress and tension of the other girl. She signed and stood up. "I normally don't do anything for free but I'll make an exception for this one." The stranger walked over to the exhausted girl and gently pushed her into the straw.

"You seem tense. Let me relieve you of some of it", she whispered. The girl under her blushed. "Be gentle, please", she whispered back. The stranger looked at like she grew another head but it turned into a grin real fast. "You really believed that we're doing it? I just wanted to give you a message but if you want something else..." The stranger her lips and scanned the girl under her from head to toe. The blond-haired girl realized what she had said and pushed the silver-haired away from her. 

"Get back to work!", the smaller girl shouted in embarrassment. The weaver sighed and went back to the machine finishing the other half just before sunrise. 

"Thanks for helping me out", the miller's daughter said shyly. 

"No sweat. It was a pleasure to help you out, young lady. May I get your name?"

"Solar. What's yours?"

"Moonbyul."

 


 

Solar groaned in frustration when she threw herself on the straw. Again!

Eric stupid Nam still didn't believe her and decided to throw her into another chamber but bigger in size and with a lot more straw inside. Solar facepalmed but she let herself guided to the weaving machine without much resistance. What would have be use of resistance anyways.

Now she faced the debacle from last night again. How was she supposed to do this when she wasn't the one who did it in the first place. 

"Hello there pretty girl", a voice sounded from behind her. Solar quickly looked at the window and caught a glimpse of the shining silver hair.

"You? Again?", she asked suspeciously, "why are you here?"

"As I told you last night. I'm a wanderer ready to help those in need. You're in need so here I am", Moonbyul said and looked at the huge amount of straw, "and you look like you need some help again." 

Solar sighed and nodded her head. "Yeah. The stupid king didn't want to believe it."

"Can't believe that he didn't believe a pretty girl."

"Could you stop your flirting please?", Solar asked slightly annoyed.

"Can't be helped when you shine brighter than the sun", Moonbyul responded and winked.

Solar took off her bracelet and threw it at Moonbyul hitting her head again. "Here's your payment for your service and now get working!" 

"Calm down girl. I'll do it, I'll do it", Moonbyul said and picked it up from the ground. It soon landed in her pocket.

"Leggo!"

 


 

"Don't think things like this!", Solar silently warned herself when she caught herself having specific thoughts about Moonbyul's nice fingers doing magical work.

But she can't help it. That girl made her feel things that was simply surreal. 

"Yup, Solar. You have done it. You just start crushing on a girl you didn't even know for more than 24 hours. I'm such a hopeless case."

Meanwhile, Moonbyul just kept on grinning. She had noticed what an effect she had on Solar. The girl wasn't very subtle at showing it. 

But who could she blame. Solar had also her effect on her. The effect of being whipped for a girl she didn't even know for whole 24 hours.

"Well, I'm just as much of an hopeless case."

 


 

The night pasted and Moonbyul bid her farewell. But not for long. Again.

Eric Nam put Solar into another room full of straw because he wasn't fully convinced yet. He promised Solar that he would marry her if she past this final trial. The thought of living in the palace was very nice but being married to a man was a no-go for her. It still was better than getting beheaded though.

That night Moonbyul rece again but she wasn't as nice as she was the last two nights. She was pissed beyond belief. Moonbyul just straight up went to the maschine and turned the room full of straw into gold. She ignored Solar the whole time. "Stupid King", the silver-haired said, "stupid arranged marriage..."

"There you go. Everything done", Moonbyul said slightly annoyed, "now give me something in return." She prepared herself in case something hit her head again but nothing happened.

"I have nothing to give you anymore, you . I tried to explain it to you the whole time but you ignored me!", Solar shouted and pointed at Moonbyul, "and why are you pissed? You're..." Before Solar could continue on she found herself in between the wall and Moonbyul. 

"By what are you getting worked up so much about?", Solar whispered, "I can help you release some stress if you want."

Suddenly, Moonbyul realized that she did was a little too overboard. "Sorry", she whispered and loosened the grip on Solar's wrists, "a friend of mine is being forced to marry someone she doesn't like."

"That ", Solar said oblivious to the fact that Moonbyul meant and began massaging the back of the stranger. 

"Yeah. But life's never fair", Moonbyul said, "anyways. You have to repay me somehow for my services."

"Are you for real? Can you not make one expection? Just this once?"

"I somehow have to make a living, darling", Moonbyul replied and tried to pinch these adorable pink cheeks.

"So what do you exactly want?"

"Let me think about it. Money or something of value. But you have none of that", Moonbyul mumbled to herself and after a few moments she finally decided.

"Your future children."

"Okay."

"That was quick. But you really didn't think that through, did you."

"Yup, I didn't think that through one bit", Solar said when she realized what she had ahead of her. She is going to become a queen and she's probably there to give birth to a heir.

"."

"No worries, when the day comes I'll give you a choice you can make. But I have to gogo, bebe. See ya til then, Yeba", the taller said and jumped out of the window.

"Hey wait!", Solar shouted but the words weren't heard anymore. Moonbyul already disappeared in the starry night.

"I'm not a Yeba..."

 


 

Just like promised Eric and Solar got married and a year later their twin daughters saw the first ray of sunlight. She named them Hwasa and Wheein.

And then Moonbyul appeared in the middle of the night. In front of Solar's bed. Grinning like a ert she is.

"I don't know whether you're bad news or not", Solar said slowly.

"You know what I came for."

"Yeah, I know but you know how a mother is. I'll gonna protect them, you ert."

"I expected as such, Yeba. Alright! Here's a deal. Guess my name within the next three days and the babies are forever yours. And I am not a ert."

"Alright then", Solar said determined and shook hands with the girl, "You're name is Moonbyul!"

The silver-haired girl remained silent for a short time but began chuckling. "Nope, that's not it."

"What?!?"

"Just because I'm telling you a name doesn't mean that it's actually my real name", Moonbyul said highly amused by the dumbfounded expression on Solar's face. 

The queen huffed. She definitely knew that Moonbyul noticed the glimmer of hope in her eyes when she said the name. Still, she didn't want to admit that setback. "There are other names out there. Just wanted to try the easiest option."

"Then give me some names."

"Krystal?"

"I don't have an older sister so nope."

"Seulgi?"

"Why should my name be the same name as my ex?"

"Coincidence maybe?"

"Nope. Other names?"

"Hani?"

"Nope. Funny thing though. You guessed the name of one of my friends."

"First ex, now friend? Didn't expect that people even want to be your friend in the first place."

"That hurts, you know. For your information. I'm quite popular with the ladies."

"So you just want to flirt with me?"

"Who knows? Now go on and continue guessing."

"Very well."

 


 

Two hours later, Solar was about so say another name but she was silenced by a sweet and gentle kiss. "Just say Moon Byulyi already. I'm tired of you guessing my name."

"So you really want me, eh", Solar said.

"Don't say you don't want me either because you're thirsty for me. I bet on it."

"You"re not wrong there", Solar responded with a lip bite and traced her finger along her jaw, "you're looking like a snack in that suit."

Suddenly the door was kicked in and there was Eric Nam and a few guards. The king was mildly angered upon seeing Byulyi pinning Solar against the window.

"Get away from my wife you imbecile!" 

Byulyi just raised an eyebrow but Solar could see the anger in her eyes. She just simply shrugged her shoulders.

"She is mine you blackmailing !", Byulyi shouted and grabbed Solar by the waist. She drew her sword and positioned herself in a protective way.

"You dare challenge a holy marriage?",  the king roared. 

"Nope. Because you can do whatever you want and we'll just disappear anyway", Byulyi said with a grin and jumped with Solar from the balcony disappearing into the shadows of the night. 

"Adios, amigos", Solar shouted mockingly from below.

"Guards! Get them!"

 


 

Since that night, there were no traces of Solar, Moonbyul and their children, Wheein and Hwasa, also disappeared soon after them. Even with searching parties looking across the lands they couldn't be found.

But Legends were told about a woman shining like the sun and another carrying the mystery of the moonlight.

And of course Eric Nam being salty.

 


 

I'm finally back! It took me a while because I had some issues in my life so it delayed everything a little bit. And of course the lack of motivation. So everything aside, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I wish you a good day /night. 

Stary, out.

 


 

Hwasa: Hell No! I won't accept being their daughter!

Wheein: You already are. Same applies to me. We're daughters of two insane woman with an unhealthy obsession for each other.

Hwasa: What a shame then. Guess I can't date you because that isn't allowed in our time. 

Wheein: Maybe I'm the only daughter then.

Hwasa: Don't you mean I'm their daughter while you're our adorable, little puppy?

Wheein: Hwasa! Way to ruin a romantic setup.

Hwasa: Hehehe. Stay salty.