Discarded

The Fairy Tales of The Moon and Sun

One night a strange girl crossed the path of Moonbyul. She begged Moonbyul to take her with her because her parents kicked her out.

Out of pity, Moonbyul took her to her apartment where she could temporarily live until the stranger found another home to stay.

On the way to Moonbyul's apartment, she couldn't shake off the sense of familiarity. For some reason, she knew the girl from somewhere.

"Is something?", the girl asked and smiled.

Moonbyul was shortly breathtaken but not because of how pretty the girl was but how menacingly innocent this smile was. 

"I'm fine. Just thinking about how I should rearrange my apartment."


"Here we are. Make yourself comfortable", Moonbyul said smiling and lead her guest into the living room. It was kept simple. A black couch in the corner alongside a TV, a kitchen attached to the room and a separate door leading into the living room. "I'll prepare a snack or something. Any preferences?"

"Nah. Just make whatever you want", the girl said with a smile.

Once again, Moonbyul felt shivers running down her spine. "What is this feeling? And why does the air feel so suffocating?"


In the meantime, the girl looked around the room noticing a set of several photos neatly lined up on the wall. It seemed that there were mostly family pictures or pictures with her friends. But in between these was a special one. It was what it seemed a young Moonbyul holding a female puppet in her hands. There was nametag on the toy that read Solar. Moonbyul also smiled like she was the happiest person on earth. 

"Why did you throw her away like this?"


"Let's go to bed", Moonbyul said, "I'm tired and I have to leave early in the morning for work."

"Okay."

Moonbyul nodded and disappeared into the bedroom. A few seconds later she came out with a few pillows and a cover.

"You can sleep in the bed. I'll sleep on the couch."

"No! You can sleep in your bed! I'll sleep on the couch!"

"Are you sure? I don't want you to feel uncomfortable or so."

The stranger nodded.

"Very well. There you go", Moonbyul said and gave her pillows and the cover.

The smaller girl took it gratefully and smilled at her. "Thanks, sleep well."

Unlike earlier this smile was full of warmth which made Moonbyul felt secured. A familiar feeling rose in her. "She really reminds me off someone...or rather something."


Moonbyul stirred awake when she felt additional weight on the mattress. 

"Is there something you need?", Moonbyul asked the guest. But she remained silent. "Are you alright?"

She didn't get and answer when she was forcefully pinned down on the bed.

"What the hell?!?"

The girl still remained silent. She simply pulled out a knife she stole from the kitchen.

"What are you doing with this thing?"

"Revenge", the girl whispered coldly. Her eyes reflecting the cold light of the moon from outside.

Moonbyul realized by now why she was so familiar. It was something of her past, dreams and wishes.

The stranger was about to bring down the knife onto the taller one but a scream stopped her in the middle of her movement. The blade just merely centimeters away from her heart.

"Solar!"

"What...You still know my name?"

"Of course I still remember. You were my happiness back then", Moonbyul said softly and gently touched Solar's skin. It felt so soft under her touch nothing like the hard plastic.

"You're beautiful. Just like back then. Maybe even more beautiful now that you're blood and flesh", Moonbyul said reminiscing when she bought the puppet with her own hard-earned money.

At the words Solar slowly relaxed but then she remembered how easily she was dumped in the trash can. "Don't talk to me like that! I know these words mean to you! It's just spoken because you want to live!", Solar cried out furiously. She raised the knife once again but something kept her from stabbing Moonbyul. 

"I hate you so much for what have you done to me", 

"If you hate me so much then why are you crying?"

Just now, Solar noticed the tears rolling down her cheeks. Her goal was tracking down and killing the one that made her suffer. Her former owner, Moon Byulyi. But now, she wasn't so sure anymore. The feelings she had and still has were still alive. Even after the landed in the trash can.

"Then why? Why did you threw me away like this? Why?", Solar brought out between her sobs. Her plan for revenge long gone, the knife lying abandoned in a corner.

"Because of my parents."

"What...?"

"My parents always wanted a son but then they got me instead they decided to raise me like a boy. I wasn't allowed to have anything remotely girlish. And when they knew that I bought you they forcefully took it from me and threw you away." 

Moonbyul stopped to see how Solar would react to the story. There wasn't any reaction though so Moonbyul decided to unveil the rest of her story. 

"I cried for you because I was so emotionally attached to you people would think that I would love a puppet. And it was kind of true. I loved you and even though time passed by I still had you in my heart."

These words were to much for Solar and she broke down in a fit of sobbing and apologizing. 

"I'm so fuking sorry! I'm dumb..."

"Calm down Solar. Apologies accepted."

Solar grew silent.

"Please...let me make up for my stupidity."

"You..."

Moonbyul was quickly silenced with a kiss. Solar poured every singe drop of emotions into this very special moment. They separated to take in air that had made place for passion and love.

"I'll promise you that I will be by your side. From now till eternity."

"It should better be this way otherwise I will really kill you."

"Got you."

They remained silent for minutes the only thing was a bird from outside.

"I love you, Moonbyul."

"I love you just as much."


Hello there,

I'm back with another one. This time the story is based on the belief that unanimated things posses a spirit and when thrown away there's a possibility to be cursed.

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter and like always have a good day/night.

Stary, out ^^


Hwasa: Kind of weird loving a puppet.

Wheein: She is human now so yeah. Did you ever throw away a puppet/doll/plushie?

Hwasa: Yes.

Wheein: Watch out for bad omens.

Hwasa: But that means killing you and you're to cute to be killed. Let me huge you.

Wheein: ^///^