Chapter 5

I Do

 

The Kim’s Company

 

“We will give you training since we see that you are not from this field. But, the salary will still being paid starting from today.” Andy Lee said after the interview. “SolBi-yah, come here. Keep his resume and also his account number. Make sure he got the first salary by this evening.” Andy Lee said to his secretary. “Neh, oppa.” SolBi said. “Oh. She is my secretary and also my fiancee.” Andy Lee explained. “So Mr. Im, anything you want to ask?” Andy Lee asked Yoona’s Appa.

 

“Can I know where do you find me? I don’t remember sending any resume here or knowing anyone from here. As this is not my field. I do want to learn and work here. But, I am just curious about how can I be here. And I do really owe the person who are giving me this chance.” Yoona’s Appa asked. “I know you will ask this. Actually, I am only a relative to the owner of this company. From what I’ve been told that, the person is the son of the owner. Kim KiBum. But, KiBum asked to keep this as a secret forever. He don’t want your daughter to know that he is related to any if this. He don’t want you tell her that you know his family. Keep this seal. We don’t make any contract since he do put all his trust in you.” Andy Lee explained.

“KiBum? My daughter’s best friend? I’ll do anything for him because he saves our life.” Yoona’s Appa said. “And one last thing. Since, you’ve known everything. We want to tell you that, we will support Yoona’s school starting from now on until she works. Hopefully, she will also works here. But, that’s fully depend on her. We don’t expect any payback from you in any form. And again, we don’t accept any objection and keep this as a secret from your daughter.” Andy Lee said. “That little boy really has a good heart. He is so sincere. No wonder we can already love him the first time Yoona brought him home. He is already like our own son. Kamsahamnida.” Yoona’s Appa said. He already become teary.

 

Yoona’s House

 

Yoona’s Appa enters the house with so much thoughts in his mind. His wife also has been waiting for him just to know the real story behind all the thing. “Where is uri daughter?” Yoona’s Appa asked. “She is playing outside with uri KiBum. I’ve asked KiBum to have lunch here before they go. How is it?” Yoona’s Omma asked curiously. “Good. She is not here. This might be shocking but the one who we are really indebted is no other than uri little KiBum. He is actually the heir of the company. The most shocking thing ever is that the company will supports Yoona’s education without any kind of payback. It is just that they will take Yoona to work there but only if Yoona wants to. The most important thing is that all this thing must be kept seal and secret from Yoona. Even, to the fact that we know KiBum’s family. Any of that must not be leaked from our mouth.” Yoona’s Appa explained. Yoona’s Omma can just gaping from the unexpected news. “He is just so sincere that he don’t want Yoona to be friend with him because she feels indebted with him.” Yoona’s Omma said and both of them are crying out of grateful.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Playground

 

JungSoo and Taeng are busy sharing their ice cream happily. While, Yoona and KiBum are playing the swing together. Sometimes, KiBum will help to push Yoona making her laughs happily. “Oppa. This vanilla ice cream is so delicious. Where did you buy it? Because vanilla ice cream is not this tasty before.” Taeng asked. “Jjinja? The same shop we always buy. But, vanilla is always taste nice for me.” JungSoo said happily. Sometimes, he wipes the ice cream on Taeng’s cheeks since Taeng is such a messy eater. They just watch Yoona and KiBum.

 

Yoona and KiBum run toward JungSoo and Taeng. “Hyung! Let’s have a piggyback race?” KiBum asked still panting. “Kkaja! I’ll be with Taeng and you and Yoona.” JungSoo said. All of them nodded. “Be careful.” JungSoo said before they start the race. They run with all their might. But, YoonBum won the race.

 

KiBum walks Yoona to her house. As Yoona’s Omma sees him, she gave him a warm smile. “Yoona, take your bath first. Omma already finished cooking. Later, we eat together.” Yoona’s Omma said. Yoona just nodded and followed her Omma’s instruction. After Yoona walks away, Yoona’s Omma can’t help herself from hugging KiBum. “Gomawo, son. We owed you our whole life. And to have your family supporting Yoona’s education. I can’t describe it into a proper words.” Yoona’s Omma said already crying.

 

“Gwenchanna, Aunty. Both uncle and you already treated me like your own son. And jebal. Never tell Yoona about this. I don’t want her to see me differently.” KiBum said. “You have such a sincere heart. We all love you, son.” Yoona’s Omma said while giving a peck on KiBum’s cheek. KiBum wipes away the tears in her cheeks.

 

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

 

From early in the morning, KiBum already comes to Yoona’s house to ask her to play together. They don’t have school for today. As always, KiBum will have breakfast together with Yoona’s family before they are going out. They walk to the playground together. At the playground, JungSoo was there looking so uneasy.

 

“Hyung! Why do you look quite uneasy?” KiBum asked while hugging his hyung. “Ani. I think that I forgot something important.” JungSoo answered him. “Oppa, do you want to play with us or not?” Yoona asked JungSoo. “I think I can’t play with this feeling. I can’t even concentrate. I need to find out what did forgot.” JungSoo said still thinking. They just playing on their own. After about 30 minutes of thinking, JungSoo already remembered what he forgot.

 

KiBum POV

 

We are having so much fun together. We are playing a few games. When I am chasing her, I heard JungSoo hyung shouted. “Ya! I am late for Taeng’s singing competition!” that’s what JungSoo hyung shouted. He already remembered the important thing that he forgot before. No wonder he seems uneasy like that. It is related to Taeng. “Auch! Apo!” Yoona shouted. What happened to Yoona? I am shocked that I see Yoona already sitting on the ground. I run to her. “Yoona!” both JungSoo hyung and me shouted in unison. “Apo!” Yoona said in tears.

 

JungSoo hyung already runs toward us. “Yoona-yah. Gwenchanna? Can you stand by your own?” JungSoo hyung asked her. But, Yoona just crying. Her knee already bleeding. “Hyung. Shouldn’t you go to Taeng?” I asked JungSoo hyung. All of this is fully my fault. I must take full responsibility of this since she is under my care right now. “Yes. But, Yoona is bleeding. We need to bring her home. She can’t walk.” JungSoo hyung said worriedly. “Arasso. This is my fault. Hyung can just go to Taeng now. I’ll handle it.” I said to assure him. “Jjinja? Seriously? Just inform me if anything happen.” JungSoo hyung said before leaving us.

 

“Yoon. Oppa mianhe. Oppa will piggyback you since you can’t even stand up.” I said to Yoona. Yoona just nodded and I immediately piggyback her. I run to her house. I keep on saying sorry and coaxing her all the way to her house. I can’t stop myself from being sorry to her. It is really fully my fault. My heart hurts and I also feel like crying to see her crying in pain.

 

I knocked the door waiting for Yoona’s Omma. As soon as she opened the door I apologies to her immediately. “Mianhe. It is my fault. We are playing. I chased her. I can’t caught her on time. She falls and hurts herself. I can’t protect her good enough. Mianhe.” I said already crying. I feel so guilty. Yoona’s Omma take her from me worriedly. She sits Yoona on the couch. She looks for first aid and treat Yoona’s wound. I just stand there guiltily looking at the crying Yoona. I can’t even hold my tears.

 

Yoona’s Omma looks at me after she finished treating Yoona’s wound. “Omo! You are still here. I thought you already left.” Yoona’s Omma said to me. She is smiling. Didn’t she mad at me. She should. “I am really sorry. It was all my fault. Blame me. I promise that I will protect her until my last breath with all my might.” I said already crying.

 

Yoona’s Omma POV

 

“I am really sorry. It was all my fault. Blame me. I promise that I will protect her until my last breath with all my might.” KiBum said while crying. I don’t expect this much. He is just a kid. But, he is so matured and responsible. Actually, I don’t blame him. Not even a bit. But, to hear his apologies and promise is such an overwhelming thing. With all his good deeds toward us, I really can’t ask for more than this. I know how hard he’d tried to protect my daughter. Even, before this incident. He should not be sorry. I just smiling toward him.

 

“Neh. Gwenchanna. I never blame you. But, if you are really intended to protect uri Yoona please do so. You are already like our son. We trust you. And we love you.” I said while patting his head. I hug him to comfort him. I still can hear his sobs. I know that my daughter will be happy and safe in his protection. In such a young age, he already able to gain my trust.

 

Yoona’s POV

 

“I am really sorry. It was all my fault. Blame me. I promise that I will protect her until my last breath with all my might.” Bummie oppa said. He is crying. I might not fully get what he meant. But, I feel secure with his words. I am too careless that I fall on my own. But, I feel like crying to see Bummie oppa keeps on apologising to me and crying like this. I love to see Omma hugging Bummie oppa.

 

Author POV

 

Both Yoona and KiBum do complete each other. They will surely be together whenever or wherever. For Yoona, KiBum is still her mysterious friend. Even they are best friend and she knows his feeling, his personality, what he likes and what he don’t like but not his background. Not his family. But, all of that never stops her from feeling at her safest with him. It never stops her from putting all her trust on him and never stops her feeling toward him. As for KiBum, he plans to hide it from Yoona until the time comes. He wants to protect Yoona with all his might. He wants to help Yoona without any payback. He wants to cheerish Yoona forever. Yoona is everything for him. But, the thing that he afraids the most is if Yoona feels indebted to him and looks him in different way.