Chapter 3

I Do

30 MAY

KiBum POV

 

I am lonely today. Hyungs are busy today preparing for their chingu’s birthday. What is her name? Yoo? Yoong? Yoon? What ever! As I feel bored since Mom and Dad as always busy with their work, I need to do something. I need to search for new games also I think. I don’t really understand Korean fully to watch television. I only talk with hyungs since they are able to understand my broken Korean. So, I’ve decided on playing outside.

 

Actually, today is the first time I roaming over my neighbourhood. And I am all alone. Good! I don’t even know this place yet, and I confidently walk around. Sure that now, I don’t even know how to return to my house. Silly me! I should asked hyungs to help me know this neighbourhood before going alone. I don’t even see any playground here. Or any kids playing.

JungSoo House (No One POV)

 

“First, let’s me arrange the tasks for us. EunHyuk and DongHae blow the ballons. Make sure all the ballons finish before playing around. Taeng and me will settle for the decoration. Chul, can you buy us some snacks? Because Yoong’s Omma will just prepared the food.” JungSoo commands his dongsaeng. Since he is the oldest one, he do has some kind of leadership in him. “Ya! Don’t think that I don’t know your real intention. I’ve known you like forever. You just send me out to have the lovey dovey moments with my yeodongsaeng, right? You better take care of her well enough.” HeeChul warned his best friend. “Did I ever let anything bad happened to her before? Not that you don’t believe me, right? You know me too well that I will protect her like my own life.” JungSoo said to comfort his best friend. “Neh. Just have fun.” HeeChul said before going to the shop to buy snacks.

 

“Hyung! Should we play Kai Bai Bo? Who lose should finish all the ballons.” DongHae whispers to EunHyuk. After thinking for awhile, EunHyuk nodded. He is quite afraid if JungSoo getting mad since JungSoo already warned them to finish it before playing. But, seeing there are only about less than ten balloons left he decided to play hoping that he can escape from the task leaving DongHae to finish it. But, unfortunately, he lost. DongHae already grinned to him. DongHae slowly escape to the kitchen. “DongHae! Hyung said that both of you should finish your work first, right? So, just finish it first before I got mad at both of you.” JungSoo said. DongHae slowly sits back in front of EunHyuk. That’s making EunHyuk laughs at him. DongHae hits the laughing EunHyuk. But, as always they just hug after they hit each other.

“Taengoo~ How is your class nowadays? Is it okay? Or is it hard?” JungSoo started conversation with his favourite lovable dongsaeng. “Teachers always asked me at school. And I can already read newspaper now!” Taeng said happily. “Big claps for this smart girl!” JungSoo shouted while clapping his hands. Taeng already blushing with her favourite lovable oppa’s praise. “But, I don’t really know if I can be as smart as oppa and Chullie oppa. Both of you always fight to get the first place. And both of you like know everything.” Taeng said impressively. “No worries. Will you be in the same school with us next year? Oppa promise to teach anything that you want me to teach. Keep my word.” JungSoo make a promise with Taeng. They pinky finger each other.

 

After all of them finished their tasks, they gathered together. “Let’s us prepare birthday card for Yoona. We shared the present, but not the birthday card. Now, choose your favourite card.” JungSoo said to his dongsaengs. After they chose the card, they find their own spot and started to write for Yoona with their heart.

 

Yoona POV

 

None of my oppa and unnie wished me for my birthday. Not even one showed up in front of me today. In fact, oppas rarely play with us started from the day they pick up their cousin a few weeks ago. And today, even Taeng unnie is not around. I am so bored. So, I just decided to walk around here. Then, I’ll go to the playground to play by myself.

 

I want to buy some snacks to eat. But, I know that Omma will cooks later. So, I will waste our money if I buy snacks. I just walked aimlessly. I walk while looking at the ground and thinking. Until, I bumped into something. Or someone? “Omma!” that’s the only word that escaped my mouth before I fall.

KiBum POV

As expected, I lost. So, I just walked around if I can see any sign to make me remember. But, nothing. Until, someone bumped into me. I can see her about to fall. Yes! Her. The kid that bumped into me is a girl. I try to catch her before she fall down to the ground. It made our face an inch away facing each other. What can I see is her beautiful eyes. I know that I am still a kid, but my heart is beating faster in this condition. After a few seconds of staring, I help her to stand up. “Kamsahamnida.” the girl said bowing a few times. “Gwenchanna.” I said in my not-so-fluent Korean. “My name is Im Yoona. You can call me Yoona. I am five years old. I never see you before. Are you just moving here?” the girl asked me. Yoona? It sound familiar.

 

“My name is KiBum. Yes, I am new here. And I am lost now. I really want to know this place.” I said. “Are you a foreigner, oppa? You sound like one. But, I’ll try to understand what you are saying. And I’ll teach you more Korean after this. So, I’ll show you around today.” Yoona said while holding my hand. I am shocked and my heart beats faster with her touch. And she called me oppa? The first girl called me oppa. But, she seems like a good chingu to be friend with. So, I just followed her before sound weird sound heard. And the sound comes from her tummy. She is hungry. “Do you want to eat? Can we go to any snack shop or food shop here?” I said. “Ani. It will waste the money. Omma will cooks for me later.” Yoona tried to reject my offer. “My treat as you help oppa today. Just bring me to the shop. We will eat together.” I said. “Jjinja, oppa?” Yoona said. I just nodded. 

 

So, we are heading to the mart there. We eat ramen together. Yoona help me to make the ramen as I really don’t know how to do it. I am amazed that in the young age, she already can cook. Even, it is just ramen. Since, everything for me was done by my maid before. And it is just a few times that I ate ramen. Each time I ate ramen were with my hyungs. I can see that Yoona is quite talkative. She do attract me to talk even a little. She even try to understand what am I saying. It is only our first meeting but I couldn’t control myself to stare at her beautiful smile and I am smiling just by looking through her eyes.

 

We then walk to the playground. Along the way, she keeps on showing me around the neighbourhood. She showed me her kindergarten. Telling me about her favourite teacher and her favourite activities in her kindergarten. Her beautiful smile when she talks do attract me a lot. At the playground, we played seesaw together, swings and many more. I feel so excited. I think that this is the happiest moment that I had in my life. I got a new chingu today.

 

Lastly, we walked together to her house. I can consider that her house is small. But, a small house filled with loves and affections is much more better than a big house lacking of that. She asked me to wait for her at the living room. “Omma, I got a new chingu today. He is our new neighbour. His name is KiBum. He has a beautiful smile and white teeth.” Yoona introduced me to her parents. “Aigoo~ Kiyowo! I am cooking quite a lot for dinner. Would you like to join us?” Yoona’s Omma invited me. “I would love to. But, I need to return home first to inform my parents.” I said politely. “Oppa. Do you want to leave already?” Yoona asked me. I can see her frowning already. “Don’t be sad Yoona-yah. Oppa will come later.” I promised her. “Jjinja? Promise?” Yoona asked me. We just mad a pinky promise and she smiles beautifully.

 

Before return to my house, I walked to Jungsoo hyung’s house first. I need some confirmation first. “Hyung!” I shouted while walking toward them. “KiBum-ah! Mianhe for not spending time with you today. We have some errands to do here.” JungSoo hyung said while patting my head. “Ani. Gwenchanna. Today is your chingu’s birthday, right? Can I know her name?” I asked him. “Yoona. She is so beautiful.” DongHae hyung said while smiling. Do he has any feeling toward her? That’s not a weird thing. She is beautiful and friendly. “Can I ask for one thing? Please don’t tell her that you all know me. Jebal, hyung! Jebal, Taeng!” I pleaded them. I really don’t want her to know my family background.

 

“You know you are free to tell me why if you want to. But, as I love you anything for you.” JungSoo hyung said and shrugged. “Gomawo, hyungs. Gomawo, Taeng.” I said to them. “Wait! You already met her? Will you go to her birthday party later?” EunHyuk hyung asked me. “Neh!” I answered him and blushing. “Ya! Look at this kid.” EunHyuk hyung started to tease me. “Yah, yaedurra! Don’t .” JungSoo hyung said backing me up. “So, let’s just meet at her house at 7pm.” JungSoo said and winked at me.

 

KiBum House (Still KiBum POV)

“My son! I miss you. You look so happy today.” Mom said to me while hugging me. “I met a new chingu today. Can I go celebrate her birthday at her house. Hyungs will be there also.” I said. Mom just nodded and kisses my cheeks. “It is good that you found new chingu.” Mom said. I walked to my room to prepare myself. I don’t prepare any present for Yoona. I remembered something.

 

Yoona House (Yoona POV)

Bummie oppa already left. Err, I got the new name for oppa. I think I already got my birthday gift that I’ve asked for before. A chingu. Oppa looks so calm like appa. He has a beautiful smile. His white teeth showing everytime he smiles. Kiyowo! “Yoong! Can you go to your room and showers? You’ve been playing all day. Omma already prepare your dress. Just play with your dolls before Omma finish cooking for our dinner.” Omma said. I just nodded and prepare myself.

 

It has been about two hours I’ve playing with mu dolls. Why do I keep on thinking about Bummie oppa. Aish! “Yoong?! Do you already finish? Let’s eat.” Omma called me popping her head at my door. I just walked to the living room. I am shocked to see all my oppas and unnie are there suprising me. “Sengil Chukhahamnida, Yoona-yah!” they shouted. But, I can see Bummie oppa there. “Bummie oppa! You are here too.” I said while hugging his arm. I can see Bummie oppa blushing. “Ya! Your oppa is here. How could you ignoring oppa like this.” JungSoo oppa said to me. “Oppa already have Taeng unnie.” I said to him. Both oppa and unnie blushing on my words.

 

“Oppa, unnie. This is my new chingu. His name is KiBum. I just met him today.” I introduced Bummie oppa to them. “Looks like Yoong already got what she wished for.” HeeChul oppa said. “I thought so.” I said while smiling. “I don’t know that today is your birthday. So, I don’t really prepare any present. But, I just have this.” Bummie oppa said while handing me a teddy bear. “Ya! Don’t tell me that is your favourite teddy bear? If not, why would you bring it here?” EunHyuk oppa said teasingly. I can see Bummie oppa looking away while scratching his head.