Chapter 8

Is It Worth It?
Please log in to read the full chapter

So once again, Mark's foster mother's surname is Kim, not Tuan. I was being stupid and okay keep reading.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The couple was having dinner with Mrs Kim as they couldn't reject her offer of staying over for dinner. Plus, Mark kinda missed her cooking too. Her cooking could even be better than Gordan Ramsay's. Just saying. Anyways, back to the story. The dining room was filled with sounds of metal clanking onto plates and muching sounds but no talking whatsoever. But Mark could see his mother thinking very hard on something. "Umm, mom? What are you thinking so hard about?" Mrs Kim looked at the boy and gave him a reasuring smile, telling him that it was nothing serious. Mark was obviously not convinced and was about to question again until someone shoved a piece of kimchi into his mouth. "Babe, she will tell you when the right time comes. Don't rush her okay?" Jinyoung said, making the other pout. Mrs Kim gave Jinyoung a grateful smile and continued eating. 

After dinner, Mrs Kim asked Mark if he planned to move in with Jinyoung. But Mark gave her a look that clearly says he was unsure. "I don't know. A part of me wants to but another part of just doesn't want to," "Why?" "Maybe because the thought of just leaving you alone in this big house is kinda...ughhh...I don't know. Won't you be lonely?" The woman gave him a motherly smile,"Sweetie, that is so kind of you to think of that. Yes, of course I will. I will miss your presence in this house. But, I will have to let you go one day. When you become luna, you will have to leave this house anyways. I'm fine with you moving out, just promise to visit me once in awhile. I know you are going to have more duties now on so I don't expect you coming over frequently, but maybe once or twice a month is already okay for me. I just need to make sure you are healthy," 

Jinyoung felt his mate squeezed his hand. He knew that Mark would start to cry, honestly, he was too. It was touching to see a mother letting go of her child, it was a painful scene. He reminded himself to visit Mrs Kim everytime he has free time. Honestly, being a luna does not have that much duties. A luna just have to give the alpha support or advice and care for the pack. So he was sure Mark would definately come back here often.

Surprisingly, Mark did not cry. He was actually being strong in front of his mother. Mark turned towards Jinyoung and seeing the look he nodded, giving permission for Mark to sleepover. "Mrs Kim, I will be going now. I will leave Mark in your hands tonight. Have some mother-son bonding time. I w

Please log in to read the full chapter