Pretend (SinbxYerin)

Gfriend Oneshots

The look in her eyes was pure longing, and it made her cousin worry. "Hey dude, are you alright?" Umji asked, SinB sighed and turned back to her. "Yeah yeah, I'm fine." She replied, now looking at the person she always wants to get a glimpse of. Umji sighed, 'Not this again.' She thought. "Okay, if you said so, but just so you know, I'm always here if you need somebody to talk to. Okay?" She said, putting a hand on her cousin's shoulder. SinB laughed and removed it. "Now, don't get cheesy on me." She said, laughing, but soon got quiet down when Umji glared at her. "Geez, I know, don't worry. I'll talk to you if I need to." She said smiling. Umji held her pinky finger up and looked at her, hopeful. "Promise?" She asked cutely. SinB smiled and ruffled her hair. "Promise you dork, now go before you get late." She said, patting Umji on the as a send off.

She sat on the grass, leaning her back on the tree trunk as she looked at the gray sky. She sighed and closed her eyes. When suddenly, a knock on her head forced her to flutter her eyes open. "Oww, that hurt." She said, looking up at the figure who sat beside her. "Pabo, I thought you'll talk to me when you have a problem?" Her cousin said, Sinb looked at her confused. Umji rolled her eyes. "I know you have a problem with Yerin unnie, now care to elaborate?" She asked, Sinb chuckled and rested her head on her lap. "I could never hide anything to you, it's a blessing and a curse at the same time." She said, causing Umji to laugh and chuckle. "Now, will you share?" She asked, combing Sinb's hair. "It's actually kind of stupid. But, Yerin unnie has been ignoring me and it's tearing me apart." She said, sadly. "That bastard. Can't she see that you're in love with her?" Umji said, cracking her knuckles. Sinb laughed and held her hands. "Chill bruh." She said, now resting her head on her cousin's shoulder. "Do you want me to go to her and knock some senses into her brain?" Umji questioned, resting her cheeks on the crown of Sinb's head. Sinb shook her head and plastered a sad smile on her face. "It's okay, I can pretend. Tomorrow I'll be her best friend again, tomorrow I'll pretend not to be in love with her." She said, voice filled with pain. She closed her eyes. Her face looked serene, but Umji knew her cousin is hurting, and it's hurting her too not knowing what to do. "Are you sure? You know I can call up Taehyung oppa and Namjoon oppa to teach her a lesson." Umji asked once again. Sinb shook her head again. "No need for that, besides, she taught me a lot about love, even if she could not give it to me. I'm at least thankful for that." She finally said.

 "Unnie!" She shouted, but got ignored. She ran and blocked Yerin from getting anywhere else. "Hey, why are you avoiding me? Did I do something wrong?" She asked, trying to look at Yerin's eyes, but the latter kept looking away and averting her eyes. Then it dawned to her. "Is it because of my confession?" She quietly asked. Yerin didn't look at her, but she knew right then and there, it's the problem. She forced out a laugh. "Come on unnie, I was only joking, I know you're in love with Eunha unnie. Don't worry about that." She said, collecting every bit of strength in her body not to free the tears lingering her eyes. Yerin finally smiled and hugged her. "Oh my god, you really scared me. I don't know what I would do if my best friend would fall in love with me." She said, laughing and releasing Sinb out from her grip. Sinb smiled. "If you excuse me unnie, I need to go to class." She excused herself, turning her back and running away even before Yerin could say goodbye. She smiled as tears fell from her eyes. It hurts, but it's okay. Just for her best friend, she can pretend.