Love Me The Same (SowonxEunha)

Gfriend Oneshots

"When gold starts to rust
 And times do get tough
 Then baby ooh would you love me the same

 If diamonds were rough
 And coal was the stuff that made us
 Ooh would you love me the same." 
 

Sowon sighed as she dust herself off. Her boss just fired her and literally dumped her outside of their building. "Like I need you." She whispered to herself. But deep down, she knew that she needed a job and getting fired from her previous company will have a big effect on them.

"I'm home." she shouted, her voice echoing around the worn-down apartment. There was no reply, just the water dripping from the bathroom was heard. "Eunha?" She yelled again, this time she heard a reply. "Here!" She removed her coat and went to where the voice came from.

"What are you doing?" Sowon asked, preventing herself from laughing. There stood Eunha, soaking wet with a wrench on her hand. Eunha grumbled and cursed under her breath. "The pipe's broken again." She simply said, removing her wet shirt. Sowon just smiled apologetically and grabbed the wrench from Eunha's hand. Eunha just sat there, newly changed to dry clothes, watching Sowon fix the pipe.

"Done." Sowon said, smiling at Eunha who smiled back at her. Then the light suddenly went out. "Huh?" Sowon exclaimed, clearly remembering paying their electric bill last month. Then Eunha shone a flashlight on her face. "The bills' due today, I forgot to tell you." She said, intertwining both of their hands. Sowon looked at their hands. Even from the dark and the little light the flashlight was giving them, she can clearly see the distressed look on Eunha's face. "I'm sorry." She said, tightening her grip on Eunha's hand. "Why are you saying sorry?" Eunha asked, now sitting on the bed, their hands still intertwined with each other. "I just-" Sowon cut her self off. "-nothing." And plopped down on the bed. The long days' stress weighing on her shoulders. Eunha immediately snuggled on her chest and inhaled her scent. "I love you Eunha." Sowon suddenly said, caressing Eunha's black hair. Eunha smiled, her eyes closed. "I love you too, Sowon unnie" She replied. And soon, they fell into deep slumber.

They were forced to wake up when a loud knock was heard. Sowon stood up with Eunha's arms still around her waist. "Baby." Sowon cooed, caressing Eunha's face, but it only made the latter tighten her arms around her lover. Sowon smiled. "Baby, there's someone outside, I need to open the door." She said, Eunha pouted on her sleep and loosened her arms around Sowon. Smiling, Sowon opened the door, revealing their landlord.

"Please let us just have one more chance, I promise I'll pay the rent this month. Just please." Sowon begged, the landlord couldn't say anything but sigh and nod. "Okay, but this is the last chance I'll give you. After this, if you haven't paid anything by the end of the month, both of you are out. Understood?" He said, his eyebrows quirked up, Sowon smiled and nodded. The landlord nodded and went to somewhere else, probably to ask rent from the tenants. Sowon thanked the heavens for having a very kind and understanding landlord. She sighed and closed the door. She sled down the wall and held her head in despair. She looked at the sleeping figure on the bed and the tears fell. "I'm so sorry Eunha."

Sowon sighed as she got kicked out from another company. It was already her 5th company and yet she still haven't got a job so she decided to call her best friend. "SinB yah, can I meet you?" She asked. "Sure unnie, meet me at the cafe nearby." The other replied and hung up the phone. Sowon sighed and went to a nearby cafe.

"Hey unnie." Sinb waved at her, sitting down at the opposing chair. Sowon smiled and waved back. "What do you need?" She said, straight to the point, raising her eyebrows. Sowon sighed and smiled sadly, her best friend knows her really well. "I'm broke, we're broke. I need a job." She said, droplets of tears sliding down her cheeks out of desperation. Sinb looked down. Sowon looked at her, really desperate to get a job. "Please Sinb, I'm begging you, I really need a job. We need money" She said, kneeling down. Bystanders and customers of the cafe began to look at them, curiosity getting the best of them. But just one glare from Sinb, they scramble off. "Get up unnie." Sinb said, holding Sowon's shoulder and helping her to stand. Sowon's tears continued to fall, her knees weak. Sinb sighed at her unnie's condition, she decided to fulfill her wishes. "Listen unnie." She said, grabbing Sowon's cheeks and looking her straight on her eyes. "Are you really sure you'll do anything for money?" Sinb asked, the fierceness in her eyes scaring Sowon, but the older girl nodded nonetheless. Sinb sighed again. "Come unnie, follow me." She said, taking Sowon's arm and heading out, leaving Sowon thinking of the possibilities what her next job will be, not really knowing what she just agreed to.

"Where are we?" Sowon asked, going out of the car. It was a deserted town, no animals, no townsmen. It was absolutely empty. "You'll find out soon." Sinb said, grabbing her unnies' arm and went to one of the abandoned house. "Heya Sinb." A man greeted Sinb. Sinb just waved and smiled at them. Greeting were thrown here and there and it made Sowon confused. 'Is this some kind of a cult where Sinb's the leader?' She thought, laughing at her incredulous thought. They soon entered a dark room. Sinb just opened the light, revealing a spacious office with other luxuries like large TV, a mini fridge and those kind of stuff. It made Sowon speechless. Sinb sat at the swivel chair on the middle of the chair. She smiled and rested her head on her hands. "Welcome to my office." Sinb said, smiling smugly. Sowon's eyes bulged. wide open. "H-how?" She asked, lightly touching the fabric of the sofa and sitting down. "My dad's a Yakuza leader. Don't ask me how, cause I myself don't know." Sinb said, playing with the mini skateboard on her desk. Sowon nodded. "So...What will I do?" She asked, slightly scared but decided to put on a strong facade. Sinb smirked. She got something out of her desk cabinet and handed it to Sowon.

Sowon silently cursed her best friend for making her do this, but because she needed money, she'll do anything to have it. She carefully looked around and walked to the dark alleyway, finding a man standing a few meters away. She held the gun on the holster, secured on her waist and approached the mysterious man, when he suddenly spoke. "Are you Sojung?" The man asked, his word slightly hard to hear because of the mask covering his face. Sowon nodded and handed him the bag. "Here, take this. Make sure no one sees you or else you're dead." The man threatened, Sowon nodded again, frightened. She took the bag full of money and ran away.

She huffed and panted when she reached another alleyway, when she heard footsteps. Being the smart girl she is, she hid the big half of the money on a trash bag and put it inside the dumpster, already knowing what would happen next. She secured the cap on her head and headed out. 

The men snickered at her and slammed her on the wall. "Give me the money." A tall man with tattoos and a beanie said, holding a knife on . Sowon shook her head and gulped hard when she felt the cold knife on her neck. "Give it up!" Another guy said, now with a cap and leather jacket. Sowon closed her eyes when she felt the knife cut deeper. "Give it up." He whispered on her ears, digging the knife deeper. Sowon whimpered and gave the bag to them. The big guy chuckled and took the bag. The tall guy released her from his grip, making her groan out of pain. Not satisfied, they kicked and punched her everywhere they can when they heard sirens. They ran, leaving Sowon to suffer, spitting out blood from her bruised lips. She limped to the dumpster and got the trash bag out. 

People looked at her crazily. I mean who wouldn't? She has bruised face with a wound on her neck, then her clothes are somewhat tattered. And she has a big trash bag on her back. She smiled. 'This is better than being broke.' She thought and continued to walk home. 

Eunha paced back and forth, burning a hole on the carpet. She plopped down on the couch and stared at the clock, like it was her enemy. She sprung from her seat  when the door opened. Sowon hung head down the whole way to the dorm, thinking of lies to say to her girlfriend, but that plan completely went out of the window when she saw Eunha's worried face. "Where were you?" She asked, but gasped when she saw Sowon's bruises. "And what happened?" She asked, caressing the bruises, making Sowon wince from the pain. "Wait let me get ice." She said, heading to the kitchen. Sowon stopped her and grabbed her arm. She gave the trash bag to Eunha. The latter got surprised when she opened it, there was a lot of money. "What's this?" She asked, mixed emotions surging inside her. Surprised, angry, sad, disappointed and other emotions she can't explain. "What's this?!" She asked again, anger winning over, she looked at Sowon's bruises. "You decide to risk your life for this?!" She said, holding the trash bag towards Sowon's face. Sowon got angry. "If I didn't you'd starve!" She yelled, her arms flailing everywhere. Her face red from anger. She plopped down the couch and held her head between her hands. "If I didn't, you'll leave. You'll leave me here for someone better." She whispered, tears streaming down her face. Eunha dropped the bag full of money and kneeled down. She took Sowon's head on her hands. She wipe the tears away, careful not to apply much pressure on the darkening bruises littering her face. She kissed her forehead, then her cheeks, then her nose, then lastly her lips. Sowon closed her eyes and cherished all of it, ignoring the slight pain the pressure from her soft lips caused. Eunha caressed Sowon's cheeks and smiled. "You are a pabo, Kim Sojung." She said, tears of her own sliding down her cheeks. "I love you for who you are, not what you have or don't have. I want you for you. And whatever happens, I'll always be here, loving you the same."