Chapter 8 : Not A Witch

Taken into Account
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon decided to stay another night with her bestfriend and went back home by Saturday. When she came home, she lied down and stayed like that for a while. ‘Last time I did this, my heart felt so heavy. I’m glad I went to Jihyo’s.”

She stood up and scrunched her nose. She looked around the room and appreciated it for a bit. Her guitar standing in the corner, the study table she used to use a lot, the clothes rack with her favorite winter jackets, the window pane… ‘MY FLOWERS!’ She forgot to water them for 4 days and now they’re all wilted. Jeongyeon frowned and walked towards it. “I’m sorry for being so irresponsible. Please rest well.” She dug the flowers out and placed it on the counter to throw it later on, she has to buy another set of flowers first.

She glazed at the mirror and realized she looked lousy with her hoody and jogging pants. For some reason, she felt the urge to dress up a bit. She went back in, took her towel and went for a bath. After a long warm bath, she grabbed a clean white shirt and her skinny jeans and headed to her rack. She had a variety of long sleeved tops and was debating over her motorcycle jacket or her long green flannel. She looked peeped outside to check the weather and chose the latter, since it was much lighter than the other one.

She debated if she should take the car but the sun doesn’t seem to be painful against her skin so she decided to take her Walkman that was on the counter instead of the keys. Frank Sinatra’s still in there and his voice immediately sang at the touch of Jeongyeon on the play button.

 

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars

 

Jeongyeon knew she’d pass by a pastry shop a block before her destination so she decided to stop by to take home some cheesecake slices.

 

Let me see what spring is like on
A-Jupiter and Mars

 

She had a weird feeling in her chest. She assumed it was her anxiety acting up again and it probably is. She suddenly thought about how Frank Sinatra and Elvis’ quiet rivalry doesn’t make any sense to her. Both of their music were considered the best and what’s more to ask, they had the crowd. ‘I wish I could play for the crowd again someday.’

 

In other words, hold my hand
In other words, baby, kiss me

 

The flower shop’s within her sight already, and there’s someone familiar in there. Very familiar. Her height, her hair from behind. But she’s not wearing their uniform today and this left Jeongyeon awestricken. She refused to move from where she was standing. Not because she wanted to just stare at her from afar. Her anxiety kicked in harder. ‘What the hell am I supposed to say? Should I even approach her? Well, she approached me in the grocery? How’s it going? The poppy’s here are nice and fresh???’ Her mind was turning into a disaster but her feet was walking against her will. She stopped and inhaled deeply. ‘Let in the oxygen and courage.’

 

Fill my heart with song
Let me sing for ever more

 

Now the flower shop’s right before her eyes. She took a step in. She was still there. And her perfume. Her perfume was the only thing her nose could smell despite being in a flower shop. She froze.

 

You are all I long for, all I worship and adore

In other words, please be true

 

She tries to take a step forward to Mina but she feels light-headed

 

In other words

In other words

 

She’s finally a bit closer. Breathe in. Breathe out. ‘Wow why is this so intense’

 

I love you

 

‘Damn it frank!’ The song was making everythin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter