Chapter 6: I Like You

Taken into Account
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ahn Heeyeon, huh” The voice from the other line let out a heavy breathe by the mention of her name.

Flashbacks started playing in Jeongyeon’s head while twirling her telephone’s line at the end of her fingertips. “I’m pretty sure it was her.”

“No one wanted what happened, you know that. Breathe. It’s all in the past, you’re okay, you moved on.” Jihyo always know what to say. She’s the only person Jeongyeon could confide in comfortably. This is because they have been bestfriends since birth, literally. They’re families are connected to each other through a clothing business and their parents are pretty much bestfriends, too.  Whenever Jihyo would come over, Jeongyeon’s mom would always joke about how they used to fight over a bottle of milk and they would all laugh over it. The two was always together. They became three. Well, used to be three. Here’s where the devil’s name rolls in.

Jeongyeon runs her fingers through her hair and sighs. “You’re right. Myabe I just hate her.” She got to chuckle again for the first time. “I’ll call you back..” She replies, suddenly, breathily.

“Wait, what??? Are you okay!?”

“I’m totally fine, the telephone isn’t, it almost fell!”

“Always a clutz!”

“I want to come over, though.”

“Great, I’ll get some food ready” Jihyo says cheerfully. “It’s been a while, you know.”

“Yea, I’m really sorry,  I’ll get ready now”

“Sure sweetheart, I love you alottle!”

“Love you alottle, too!!”

Jeongyeon drops the call and makes her way to the bathroom.

 

 

It was their 3rd grade when Heeyeon, or what she prefers people to call her, Hani, entered Jihyo and Jeongyeon’s life. She was a transferee from the main city, which made her pretty famous. Jihyo was very fond of her, as they both liked the same subjects, which was their communication subjects. Jihyo was talkative, eager, and responsible, even as a child and this naturally attracted the crowd. Meanwhile, Jeongyeon’s not bad at school, but, she isn’t the best, too. Hani started coming with the two every lunch until they got used to being together before they even notice it. Like school, it really wasn’t bad for Jeongyeon, isn’t good either. Jihyo and Hani excelled together till the end of middle school. Excelled together, and grew more closely together. It isn’t the fact that she’s being left behind in class is what bothered the timid girl, it is the fact that she constantly felt like Jihyo was leaving her behind. She tried to be close with Hani, but, it didn’t really clicked even if she tried.

Middle school school ended swiftly and everything was well until Jihyo’s parents decided to transfer her. Her parent’s thought keeping her to an all girl’s school till high school wouldn’t help with her personal development. Because of this, Jeongyeon got stuck with Hani. At first, it wasn’t that bad. Heeyeon still prioritizes Jeongyeon despite Jihyo’s absence, which was pretty much what she wasn’t expecting of her. Jeongyeon started being comfortable, at the same time, she baffled over her insecurities, a lot. They were both pretty, and the crowd adored their presence. But Jeongyeon didn’t really like the attention. Mostly, because they were compared all the time and she was usually misinterpreted due to her quiet personality. She had heard a fair amount of bad mouths all throughout the year. She had to endure it.

Second year came in and they were assigned in different sections. Hani’s still catching straight A’s while the other girl took the opportunity to explore herself. They still take their lunches together, and their friendship pretty much grew stronger. She gave Jeongyeon courage to join clubs and interact with everyone. Her growth was noticeable and everyone adored them even more. She joined the school’s band and discovered what her skills are. She quickly learned how to play the drums and the bass. In the same year, someone also took Jeongyeon’s heart, someone named Wheein. It was her first love. And the only people who knew was her two best friends. Ever since she met her, Jeongyeon’s academics came to a peak, too. But she never had a courage. She was in Hani’s class but Hani remained quiet for Jeongyeon. It was a good year. It was.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter