Chapter 3 : Something else

Taken into Account
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ugh darn it!" Jeongyeon whispered to herself when she opened the fridge and found not a single trace of milk. "Who would've known. Never thought a witch could be pretty." She thought while scanning through the pantry. She eyed the last loaf of bread from the upper shelf then a savory thought made her drool, "Grilled cheese would definitely do!"

 

Thoughts on socialization played on Jeongyeon's mind. There was a time when she had a crowd around her. She had a lot of friends in high school and because of her athletic skills and musical abilities, she's loved by all genders. She can make the girls in the crowd faint and the boys scream her name in unison. But that was around 5 years ago and she totally forgot how she was able to handle all the attention. She isolated herself ever since she entered Florence. She became aware of her situation when LE called her to the office to promote her. Even if LE can be irritating sometimes, Jeongyeon would never be able to get mad at her. She knew what LE truly was behind her fierce attitude and friendly side. She isn't the type of boss who'd judge you base on how other people perceive you, she had her own guts to follow. The reason why LE gave jeongyeon the position is because it would give her a space from her officemates. Since it's all about paper works, she didn't have to interact with her officemates. Jeongyeon will forever be grateful to her.

 

'Maybe I should ask help from Sana, she approached me first anyway' Jeongyeon thought while changing the mixtape in her Walkman. "Ah my new favorite" she exclaimed while reading the list of songs. But instead of plugging her earphones, she kept it in her bag and decided it was better to listen to it while working. After fixing her stuff, she started her car and played a separate playlist while driving. Florence is just 25 minutes away from her house so she didn't have to hurry.

 

Jeongyeon arrived at the bank 15 minutes before her duty but unlike the usual, she isn't in the mood for coffee so she sat down at her table as she excitedly grabbed her Walkman. She plugged her earphones in and decided a nap would be nice. Her new mixtape consists songs of The Carpenters, The Beatles, and more from the 60s. Music had no era for this young lady.

 

I remember all my life

Raining down as cold as ice

Shadows of a man

A face through a window cryin' in the night

 

She listen to songs in the highest volume since she’d rather hear music than the ticking of clock or the ceaseless clicks on the keyboard. She actually couldn’t sleep, she was too anxious of the time and her plan to talk with Sana. ‘How would I start the conversation and would it be a bother?’ thoughts as such played repeatedly in her mind.

 

The night goes into

Morning just another day

Happy people pass my way

Looking in their eyes

 

She suddenly remembered Mina, and the milk of course. ‘What a nice coincidence.’ She thought. Flashes of Mina’s smile were replaying in her mind. Jeongyeon doesn’t want to be interested, she don’t know her in the first place. ‘But her smile..’ Thoughts were battling in her mind. She’s torn in between holding back and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter